PDA

View Full Version : Possible Free DDP in September???

Princess2BsMom
01-28-2008, 07:59 AM
OK --- Let's get this out of the way right from the start.... I am the "New" girl around here, so please exscuse any stupid questions. ;) I am planning my first trip in September of 2008. The "characters" going are myself, husband, our 4 year old DD and my mother. I am getting ready to make my ressies and am trying to decide what to do about the DDP? I know that we are wanting to use it --- but should I book just my vacation package and add the DDP after I see if it's free or not in September? Or is that even possible? Can I make ADR's and then let them know later that I am using the DDP? And can I upgrade to the deluxe if I want to? This is a lot of "what ifs" because they may not offer the free DDP this year. HELP!!! I am getting in over my head. Thanks a lot!!:blush:

paulsheri
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
i HAVE ALWAYS BOOK OUR WDW TRIP WITH KAREN AT MAGICAL JOURNEYS, AND SHE KEEPS AN EYE ON EVERY THING, AND SHE HAS CHANGED MY RESERVATIONS MANY TIMES TO GET THE FREE DINING IN SEPT. THAT IS WHEN WE GO.

TBY2225
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Contact and book with Magical Journeys and they will do all the work for you. If any deals come available including free dining they will let you know! It is hands and stress free booking!

TBY2225
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
By the Way,

:welcome: to Intercot!

CleveSJM
01-28-2008, 09:47 AM
:welcome:to Intercot.

You can book it now and "convert" it to free dining when/if it is annouced. The nice thing about using Magical Journeys is that the price is the same as Disney Travel and that MJ will watch for all discounts and apply those for you "automatically" when they are a no-brainer.

You make your ADR's the same with or without the DDP. They don't really need to know if you are using the DDP until the actual meal time.

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
I believe Free Dining has already been offered to people booking trips from the United Kingdom. This is a good indicator that it will probably also be offered here in the U.S. (It's happened that way the past few times.)

The only dining reservations that it makes a difference whether or not you're on the DDP when booking are those that require an advance purchase. (Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop-De-Doo, etc.) If you think you might be on the DDP, tell them you are on it. That way, they'll take your credit card to guarantee the reservation, but won't charge you. (They have no way of verifying that you do or don't have the plan yet when you make the ADR.) If you decide not to get DDP, you can still pay cash/credit/room-charge for these meals when you get there. (Actually, you can still pay cash/credit/room-charge if you want to even if you do have the DDP.)

Princess2BsMom
01-28-2008, 09:57 AM
So I just need to log onto Magical Journeys or do I need to call them --- which one is better? Can't wait!:mickey:

Strmchsr
01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
So I just need to log onto Magical Journeys or do I need to call them --- which one is better? Can't wait!:mickey:

:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Log on to their website - http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com - and request a quote. An agent will be assigned to you and contact you very quickly. You will keep that same agent for the duration of your trip planning, which is very nice to have 1 person to go to for any questions, especially on your first trip. Once you have your agent assigned you mostly correspond via email, but you will have a phone number if you need it.