PDA

View Full Version : the week before Memorial Day

packofjedis
01-28-2008, 07:40 AM
My husband has sprung on me that we may be heading to WDW in May instead of our usual October. The only week we can pull would be Sat 5/17 to Sat 5/24 (which is 2 days before Memorial Day). I know that weekend gets really busy which is why we're thinking of leaving Saturday, but how is the week before it?

Anybody been? If it's as busy as summer time, I'd rather wait till fall and see what we can do.

playdead88
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
we have gone two years in a row that week and it was great - the weather was awesome and the crowds were moderate - we went last year the 3rd week of april and the crowds were much worse - we are a slave to that week in april right now due to the kids sol tests here in virginia but it looks like our may disney vacation will make a comeback in 09 - have a great vacation! :mickey:

Tygger7
01-28-2008, 08:07 AM
This is a fantastic time to go! We went this week in 2006, and checked out on Sat. of Memorial Day weekend. Even traffic driving home wasn't bad...it looked like everyone was heading south while we were heading north. :mickey:

As others have posted, the crowds aren't bad at all and the weather is perfect. Nice & warm, but not suffocating like July, Aug, & Sept....and you don't have to worry about hurricanes. :D We're going to be there from May 9-21, so maybe we'll run into you!

DisneyWhirled
01-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Our FAVORITE time of year to go. In fact, we are headed there at the same time (maybe we could have a mini-meet)!

The weather is perfect and the crowds are not too bad. The only thing last year were those pesky love bugs. But they don't bite, just a nuisance.

Enjoy!

DANAM
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
So glad you asked this. I see ton's for post for the last week of May but we are going the exact days as you and no one was saying anything about the crowds or weather. We went first week of May 2 years ago and it was perfect weather so I hope it will be the same.

01-28-2008, 11:50 PM
We were there May 19th-25th of 2007. We left the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. The whole week was great! The crowds were very manageable and the weather was perfect. A great time to go but I would go anytime I had the chance.

pamlvt
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I'm so glad that I've found this site!!!! We usually go to WDW the 1st week in May and the weather's fantastic and the crowds are thin.
We're Disney-bound on May 20 - May 27 and I panicked the other day when the DVC magazine came and said there was no pool hopping due to crowd size.
So do you all think that it'll be managable?

yjgirl715
03-04-2008, 11:17 AM
We went down last May 17th to the 24th which was the week before Memorial Day. We had a great time- not too hot like the time I went in July. The crowds weren't big- longest wait was for an autograph from Chewbaka (sp?). My husband had to have it! The bus rides weren't too bad. The worst were those love bugs- boy were they a pain, but at least they don't bite. Hope this helps!