PDA

View Full Version : First trip to WDW with daughter

sminky
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
We are taking our DD to Disney Feb.14 - 18 and while we are there she will be celebrating her 8th birthday. :party: It has been a long time since my DH and I have been to Disney (33 yrs. for DH and 27 yrs. for me) so basically it will be all of our first trips to Disney. I have been carefully planning this trip and hopefully have done things correctly. We have 2 character meals planned for the day of her birthday (Ohana's for breakfast and Garden Grill for Dinner), a cake has been ordered for dinner, I know about the birthday buttons and I had a t-shirt made for my DD to wear on her birthday that says it is her b-day. Is there anything else that I may have forgotten or need to know? We want to make this trip the best it can be.

faline
01-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Here are some general tips for celebrating birthdays at Disney Word! (http://intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)

Many things have changed since you last visited DisneyWorld. There are also many more things to do and more parks than on your last visit.

Don't try to do it all. It's impossible. Go to each park with a list of your must-do's for that park. Concentrate on accomplishing those things. Everything else will be extras as time permits.

Don't follow too tight of a schedule. Leave room to adjust your schedule and to enjoy those things that just happen as you walk around the parks.

Leave some down time in your schedule. It can be very tiring to visit Disney World. Build in some time to rest and enjoy your resort.

wdwfansince75
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Some suggestions....since you are having breakfast the Poly, after breakfast, take the monorail to MK....if you have park hoppers!...try to get her up front on the monorail....at MK, get their Birthday Button at Town Hall....Then, when its time to go the EPCOT, use the Ferry to TTC, and catch the EPCOT monorail....and try again to get up front. Have seen deer several times on way to EPCOT from up front....And seeing EPCOT for the first time from the cockpit of the monorail will be a lifelong memory for each of you. Be sure to ask for the Jr Monorail pilot card....

We did Garden Grill with four of our grandkids (ages 6, 9, 12, and 12) on last trip, and they loved the food and the characters.....Mickey and Chip and Dale were really active, and even helped serve us. Pickest eaters will eat almost everything brought to the table by Mickey! For the birthday, he may even bring out the cake!

Have a great time, and don't wait so long to come back!

#1donaldfan
01-28-2008, 12:57 PM
:fworks::welcome::fworks:

Seems like you've got it about covered.....take things slow and easy, don't try to do everything at once....if you do, you'll burn out quick......relax in the parks and when your tired go back to your room for a nap then go back or to another park, if your hopping. Just keep roaming around here on intercot and you'll learn a lot about what you can and maybe shouldn't do.....have a great trip.....:mickey::mickey:

heidi614
01-28-2008, 07:58 PM
We go the Feb. 13-21 for my DD 8th Birthday as well. We have Breakfast at the Castle and the Princess and Pirate Party tickets for the 14th her birthday! You could try to get tix for that. My DD probably wouldn't do this but the Bippiddi Boppidi Boo Boutique at the castle to get her hair done. Make an appointment. Tell you hotel, and they will give her a card or baloons in the room. I would make the whole trip for her birthday. My favorites are at MK: the nighttime parade, Wishes fireworks, peter pan ride, Mickey's Philharmagic Show. Epcot has the Princess Meal (Breakfast our Fav) and the Soarin ride a must, Studios Beauty and the beast show and Fantasmic show. Some of our favorites. :party: Happy Birthday to your DD