PDA

View Full Version : Searaycer

Nurse Kim
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Can someone tell me where we can rent these? My 15 y/o son would like to rent one of these while we are at Disney. My husband and girls are parasailing.

#1donaldfan
01-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm sure other resorts have them as well, but I know for sure that POR has 'em......I'm not sure of the price per hour, but they do have them. :mickey:

01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
They have them at the Contemporary and Poly. Not sure where else.

Pirate Granny
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
They have them at Wilderness Lodge and also DTD...very fun...Discount if you have an annual pass...
:pirate:

wendy*darling
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
FYI-
If you rent Sea Raycers at the resorts on Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay lake- you must have a valid drivers license to go solo.
If your 15 yr old does not, he will have to double up with a licensed driver.
We did this when my son was 16 (you have to be 17 in NJ to drive) so he had to go with me. He was allowed to drive, but I had to be in the boat.

Over at the Yacht Club, and I think also at Downtown Disney, you just have to be over 12 (I believe?) and 5 foot tall to drive by yourself. These boats are on smaller bodies of water and have governor's on them restricting their speeds more that the monorail resort boats.

Figaro
01-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I know Bay Lake/7 Seas, Crescent Lake, Sasagoula, and Downtown Disney all have SeaRaycers available. As far as I know now also, property wide the age has been lowered to 12 once again. We do this at least in Bay Lake and 7 Seas. Since you'll be at Contemporary for Sammy Duvalls, it'd probably be easiest to take a boat out at CT. They'll be able to go between Bay Lake and 7 Seas. Prices also are the same for boat rentals across property. :thumbsup:

faline
01-28-2008, 08:34 AM
FYI-
If you rent Sea Raycers at the resorts on Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay lake- you must have a valid drivers license to go solo.
If your 15 yr old does not, he will have to double up with a licensed driver.
We did this when my son was 16 (you have to be 17 in NJ to drive) so he had to go with me. He was allowed to drive, but I had to be in the boat.

Over at the Yacht Club, and I think also at Downtown Disney, you just have to be over 12 (I believe?) and 5 foot tall to drive by yourself. These boats are on smaller bodies of water and have governor's on them restricting their speeds more that the monorail resort boats.

I hear they have done away with the requirement to have a driver's license.

wendy*darling
01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
That's good news! :mickey:
Not for my sons- now they both have drivers licenses. But I am sure many young kids will love this activity.

Nurse Kim
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Thank you all. My son is very excited. I am having trouble with him wanting to go because he has to fly and he is very unnerved about that but this gives him something to look forward to.

jwallace378
02-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Last time I was at CBR, they had them as well

biodtl
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
I know there are age/height limits to drive them, but what about passengers? DH and I thought it might be fun for each of us to take a child and rent them. We have and 11 and a 4 year old.

Beast_fanatic
02-01-2008, 10:44 PM
I know there are age/height limits to drive them, but what about passengers? DH and I thought it might be fun for each of us to take a child and rent them. We have and 11 and a 4 year old.

Yes, you can have a passenger. It will be best to couple the heavier adult with the lighter child, and the heavier child with the lighter adult as the more weight that you have in the boat, the slower it goes.