PDA

View Full Version : DDP Swapping Credits?

xipetotec
01-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi, are there any rules for swapping dining credits around? Like trading 2 Counter Services for 1 Table Service? or vice versa? or for snacks?

ldc12377
01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
That's a great question!!
I was told on one of our trips last year that you could exchange 1 table service credit for 1 counter service credit but I don't know why anyone would do that because it seems like a waste of money to me.
I wish they could come up with a plan where you could change around the credits. Or offer a plan with only counter service meals. Don't get me wrong, I would probably still pay out of pocket for a couple character meals; however, all those table service meals take a lot of time out of touring the parks. We usually ending up spending a lot of time running here for this reservation or running there for another reservation...And heaven forbid a reservation get messed up or "lost"(which has happened to us, even with our reservation numbers in hand) because than you have to run around trying to get another reservation so you can use all your table service credits and not have to exchange them for counter service credits and waste your credits. Some times I wish I were a camel and could just not eat during my WDW vacations....LOL. The things we'll do for a WDW trip!!!:thumbsup:

xipetotec
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
That's a great question!!
I was told on one of our trips last year that you could exchange 1 table service credit for 1 counter service credit but I don't know why anyone would do that because it seems like a waste of money to me.
I wish they could come up with a plan where you could change around the credits. Or offer a plan with only counter service meals. Don't get me wrong, I would probably still pay out of pocket for a couple character meals; however, all those table service meals take a lot of time out of touring the parks. We usually ending up spending a lot of time running here for this reservation or running there for another reservation...And heaven forbid a reservation get messed up or "lost"(which has happened to us, even with our reservation numbers in hand) because than you have to run around trying to get another reservation so you can use all your table service credits and not have to exchange them for counter service credits and waste your credits. Some times I wish I were a camel and could just not eat during my WDW vacations....LOL. The things we'll do for a WDW trip!!!:thumbsup:

Well I used to think the same thing. Still do to an extent. I wouldn't want to do table service for every meal. But we usually go in a fairly big group, and it's nice to have everyone sit down at the end of a long hot day all together and have a nice meal.

Add to that the fact that we've really begun discovering the fun and good table service places Disney has to offer, we wouldn't go without trying some of the great sit-down experiences.

That being said, I can understand why someone would not use all their TS credits, and I can also see cases where it might be advantageous for someone to be able to trade up two CS for one TS. But from what I've read since I posted the question, neither one of these is allowed.

Figment!
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Although there is no standard policy or procedure for "exchanging" credits, some Guests have reported that Guest Services at their hotel have been willing to downgrade credits on a one-to-one basis.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-28-2008, 05:59 PM
We were there last september and had the free dining plan. We each had 1 TS credit left. Since the restaurants were packed they offered to trade in the TS credit in for 2 counter services and a snack credit or a pin offer. I don't think that is the norm though. I think it was because of the problem with people getting ADR's. It would be nice if it always an option. Sometimes a TS meal every day is too much, especially with little ones.

Jared
01-28-2008, 06:07 PM
If you don't want a table service meal every day, don't purchase the Disney Dining Plan. I don't know if it's the advertising, but it seems like people are obsessed with this plan and buy it whether or not they want or need it. Even before the plan existed, my family always had a counter service lunch and table service dinner every day, so the plan makes perfect sense.

So often I read posts from guests saying the Disney Dining Plan offers too much food or they didn't need all the credits. In that case, plan ahead, and pay for food out of pocket.

Yes, the advent of the plan does require a little extra advance planning, but don't just include it because it seems like everybody else is.

TheRustyScupper
01-29-2008, 01:17 PM
1) There is no official policy.
2) But, you can *usually* exchange 1-TS for 1-CS.
3) A terrible deal, but some want to do it.
4) Guests Services or Concierge Desk can do this for you.
5) Remember, it is a really bad economic deal.

kathiep
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
We were there last september and had the free dining plan. We each had 1 TS credit left. Since the restaurants were packed they offered to trade in the TS credit in for 2 counter services and a snack credit or a pin offer. I don't think that is the norm though. I think it was because of the problem with people getting ADR's. It would be nice if it always an option. Sometimes a TS meal every day is too much, especially with little ones.

We found the same thing during the free dining period, the previous 2 years. It can in handy when we had to cancel a TS reservation at the last minute.

lockedoutlogic
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
If you don't want a table service meal every day, don't purchase the Disney Dining Plan. I don't know if it's the advertising, but it seems like people are obsessed with this plan and buy it whether or not they want or need it. Even before the plan existed, my family always had a counter service lunch and table service dinner every day, so the plan makes perfect sense.

So often I read posts from guests saying the Disney Dining Plan offers too much food or they didn't need all the credits. In that case, plan ahead, and pay for food out of pocket.

Yes, the advent of the plan does require a little extra advance planning, but don't just include it because it seems like everybody else is.

Your post was dead on target...I mean "Robin Hood splitting the arrow" on target

I sure hope the craze ends soon...I partially blame all inclusive resorts and cruise ships for advancing this phenomenon....

The plan was a Great deal if you used it right...now it's probably close to break even....and yet the madness seems to continue

I see alot of "it's just so convenient not to have to carry cash" comments about why people go with it now...

Are you serious? That is the reason? You have to carry your room key with your tickets on it anyway...just charge your food to the room and pay at the end!!!

How lazy have we become?

Disneyatic
01-29-2008, 03:42 PM
We were there during free dining last year and did hear that they were giving people 2 CS credits for each 1 TS credit. We saw this a few times because some people didn't realize you needed ADRs to eat.
But trading 1 for 1 NO WAY, that is a total rip off!

I see alot of "it's just so convenient not to have to carry cash" comments about why people go with it now...

Are you serious? That is the reason? You have to carry your room key with your tickets on it anyway...just charge your food to the room and pay at the end!!!

How lazy have we become?

I will admit that I am in the "just so convenient not to have to carry cash" crowd.
Not because I am lazy though. Honestly, I am a terrible saver and paying in advance for the dining gives me one less thing to have to worry about saving $$ for :blush:
I did actually do the cost breakdown for our upcoming trip and we will save a little bit of money even after OOP tips so it's a bonus!

xipetotec
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Oh its not like that. It's because we're a large group and my parents are sharing a 2 bedroom villa with some people who want the DDP. And they aren't sure they would eat a CS every day and wanted to know if they could upgrade two CD for on TS or vice versa. i was pretty sure of the answer, but wanted to be 100% sure.