PDA

View Full Version : Emma's Birthday Extravaganza Day 3

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Cast: Same
Wednesday, January 23

7:20 wake-up from Stitch and Mickey. Very cute and very fun, although VERY loud... lol But still a totally Disney way to start the day. Emmy was tired and not really wanting to wake up, but as soon as I asked her if she wanted to go get her hair done, she was up as much she could possibly be. She was very excited. Bus or car was still up in the air, but I was really hoping the bus line wasn't bad. We got in line for the bus around 8:30 and we were the 3rd or 4th people in line. Not bad at all! I was proud of myself that we had gotten out of the room so early. I wanted to give us plenty of time for our 9:25 BBB appt but I was also hoping to maybe get to see the park opening as we had never done that either.

We were picked up at about 8:35, at MK about 8:50 and we were ready for the ceremony. I was surprised that there weren't more people there... It just seemed weird, but I certainly was not going to complain! We went in and made our way to the castle to check-in for her appt. Well, she was dressed as Snow White, but when we went over to Tinkerbell's Treasure's she fell in love with the Aurora costume. But do they have her size (xxs)? No... greeeeeat. So I asked them. They said no. I mentioned we were doing the BBB and they said they would probably have one. So we went back over there and they said, "yes, we do." REJOICE!!! We wanted to shoes too, and I asked for a 7-8. They turned out to be crazy huge but they had no 5-6. So we stuffed cotton in the toes. Still huge. But she had her costume and looked adorable (I am just glad she didn't like the Cinderella one because it looks so dumpy...). Oh, and BTW. From Tues to Wed the price of the costume went up $4.95! Grrr...

We waited for about 5 more minutes and they called her back. She wanted to Fairytale Princess look because it had a little crown. Took a few turns to get her short hair all in place but in the end it turned out adorable... Photopass guy took a good chunk of pictures and they came out really well.

Afterwards, walked out, we realized that the overly huge Aurora shoes just wouldn't work, so we put the red sparkly shoes on from her Snow White outfit until we got back to the hotel where we happened to have some hot pink glitter shoes that would match perfectly. I was going to see if we could pin the elastic down at the hotel but alas that wouldn't work either and we ended up returning them to DTD... Sad. But for $28 I kinda wanted her to actually be able to wear them...

All in all, I loooved the BBB experience. It was really magical for her and I cried at the end when her look was finished. I am a sap. I can't help it. Shoot, I cry at Wishes every time I see it, I cry whenever she gets excited when characters wave to her, etc... Photopass guy took a wonderful (haha) pictures of my with tears. I was kinda iffy with the $50 price tag for it, but I would and will do it again.

Anyways, we did a few rides: Peter Pan, Carousel, Dumbo, Snow White, Small World, HM. Then we saw Ariel and then over to ToonTown for the other princesses. Sign said that only Cinderella and Belle were there, so she was very happy to see that Aurora was also in the room. She had now taken on an Aurora persona and would tell everyone who asked her name that it was Aurora... too funny.

It was about 2:30 by this time, so we headed back to the hotel. She was getting tired (and I'll admit, so was I) and we wanted to actually spend some time with BJ and Meg, plus get some swim time in since they said the pool would be open.

Bus ride back to the hotel was quick and quiet. Princess Emma, excuse me Aurora got tons of oohs and aahs from hotel guests and workers. She ate it up. She is a real attention sucker upper...lol

Buuuuut... was the pool open??? NO... this really upset an already getting cranky princess. Beej and Meg had gone to the other pool, but Emma wouldn't go in there. So I called to complain. I was getting frustrated with the situation when they told me that it would be open today and no one could give me a straight answer. They were very attentive to my complaint and I explained to them that getting the preferred was motivated by being by a pool more than anything. I was just needing to make sure someone understood I wasn't happy. But that Disney service kicked in and they comp'd me a full nights stay. Totally not expected. Very cool of them and they were very apologetic. They assured me if would be opened the next day.

So we took our nap, Beej and Meg walked the grounds a bit (they bought the 4 day play pass so they could join us tomorrow and Friday!!!), and when we woke up we headed to DTD to visit Uncle Derek (he works at Lego) and we got her some pink legos... she loves legos. Returned the grossly large shoes (while the princess sat outside so as not to further offend her highness) at WoD. Then we grabbed some dinner @ Chili's and then made a Wal-Mart run before heading back to the hotel to just chill for a bit before bed. We set our wake-up call and decided to set out for AK in the AM, then come back to rest/swim, then Epcot for the evening. Meg had never been to Epcot and Beej had never done the big rides (Soarin', M:S, TT).

Got to bed around 1am and slept hard as rocks...

RedheadWriter
01-27-2008, 09:07 PM
:thumbsup:Emma is too cute! Taking on the personality of Aurora :) Now that's my kind of girl!

dolphinmickey9170
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
What a great day. I sure hope you can post pix of Emmy's BBB experience. I am so excited for our DGD to be able to do this. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I forgot to mention!!!::::::::::

coming out of BBB, we went to the left around the castle and coming out for autographs and pics was none other than Fairy Godmother... Emma about peed herself. She was so excited. We really lucked out on that!

How do I post pictures???

RedheadWriter
01-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi.. you could do what I did on photobucket and then add the link to the posting.

I think that is the easiest way to do it. I would love to see your pictures!! One of us is up in my trip report!

faline
01-28-2008, 10:10 AM
What a great Bibbidy experience your daughter had! She must have looked adorable after her transformation!

pdrlkr
01-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Great day! I really enjoyed reading about your BBB experience. I am glad that Emma, or should I say Aurora :), had such a great time.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I forgot!!!

After we got her hair done, we went to the photo place where they do the pictures... we had pre-ordered the CD so they put all the pics on their anways. So it was like I got that full package just without the photos printed out. They came out amazing... VERY generous with shots. Something like 30 just from that session. She does awesome being posed and they really came out better than I expected. Even if you don't plan on buying the pics, if you do BBB go and get them taken...

Also while we were there, Mary Poppins and Bert walked by and saw Emma's birthday pin at the hood of her stroller and Mary Poppins said "Happy Birthday Emma-Sue!" Well, Emma went bananas. She couldn't believe it. So when we went outside after the photos, we got in line to see them and Mary Poppins remembered her: "It's Emma-Sue! I'm so glad you came to see us." When she went to hug Bert, she fell (Emma calls it crashing...lol) and her shoe fell off. Bert put it back on her and Mary Poppins said "you know that's only supposed to happen to Cinderella...that's really a kodak moment mom, you should take a picture." So I did... and it came out adorably! Bert's putting on her shoe...couldn't be any cuter than that...lol

Hair_Razor
01-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh how cute is that I would love to see that picture! Those magical moment you will remember forever. Oh and just so you know I'm a total sap too!:crying: