View Full Version : DD's Birthday trip to florida day 1

tinklover
01-27-2008, 06:35 PM
cast:
DD now 5
DD 3
DBF
Myself

We leave cold Salisbury Md the morning of he 24th as we load the girls into the car what is that i see but a few snow flakes. i am thinking to myself thank goodness we are headed south lol. the drive was great. hardly any traffic. we were making great time. we stopped around 8:30 that night for a room and dinner and we were staying in beaufort,SC. We had dinner at a lil seafood place next to the hotel. now lemme get my venting out about the hotel. it was a super 8. I have never had pproblems with one of these before. DBF walk with the girls to the room as I drive the car form the resteraunt over to the room. I get to the room and walk in and OMG it reaks of mildew,mold,and feces. the tv does not work and as i call up to the front desk i realize neither does the phone. so I go to the front desk and the woman was really rude to me she asked why I did not respond on the phone when I called her i said i was trying to you hung up on me. so anyway I tell her that room stinks and the tv does not work and she huffs and puffs and gets me another oom key for another room. We tuck the girls in and I set the alarm to get up at 5 am. I am awakened at 4 by what sounds like 20 dogs I was not too upset though seeing as I had to be up in an hour anyway to get back on the road. thanks for letting me vent. day 2 up next.

disneyfamily05
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Eewww about the hotel - glad you got it straightened out in the end. And isn't it great when you leave snow for the sun!

tinklover
02-19-2008, 08:25 AM
it is great leaving snow for sun. I had gotten a call that next morning as it was the DD's actual birthday and I was told that we had gotten like 3 inches . I know it is much but that is too much for me LOL.