PDA

View Full Version : Citricos, Narcossees or Flying fish for us?

mouseketeer mom
01-27-2008, 04:41 PM
There are 5 of us, my kids will be 14, 12, and 8 in April, the time of our next trip. We always dine at tried and trues, and also love to try new places..
How about the above 3?? Which would be the most interesting/yummy/somewhat fun place for us to try? I know they are all on the more upscale side of Disney dining and thats OK..my kids loved the Cali grill last time, and also love Le Chefs. We don't though, want to dine in a place that isn't real welcoming to kids. Feeling comfortable is important, we don't like to feel like we are in a snooty place! Thanks!

crazykids
01-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Never tried Citricos, I could be wrong, but it just looked too fancy for the kids. We went to both Flying Fish & Narcoossees last trip with our kids. (ages 2, 3, & 5) We had no problems at these restaurants & the waitstaff was great with them. There were also plenty of other families there as well. Both are fantastic restaurants, you really can't go wrong with either.

WishingStar2006
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Citrico's is stuffy and prim and proper...not a lot of fun or even a nice atmosphere, etc.

Narcosee's is one of our favorites and it's great with kids!

lockedoutlogic
01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm willing to bet that everyone else who responds will say "Narcoosee's"

but i will give you an honest, very experienced take:

Citrico's is the best of the three...for starters...it basically shares a kitchen area (though they are technically different) with Victoria and Alberts....so you get the benefit of added skill and imagination right next door for the cookstaff

second...their menu is more imaginative and I have had better overall experiences everytime at Citricos as I have had at Narcoosee's
Narcoosee's is fine...but they basically fall in line with the "steak/sea" menu type that can be had to a certain extent all over property....they serve lobster...they have somewhat mediocre steak...salmon, tuna...which are all ok....

but i believe Citricos to be overall the best...if you are into food....
Narcoosee will get a ton of the "get a table around 8:30 for the fireworks" type comments...
well...since alot of the tables are not well situated for that...and the fireworks only last 10 minutes...you'll probably end up outside anyway to watch
...you can run out from citricos if you need to do that just as easily:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
01-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Our very favorite, both for food and service, is Narcoossee's.

Sweetest lobster I ever eat, and their filets are as good or better than Cali Grill, Morton's or The Palm (and we love all three places). I usually do a whole lobster, but sometimes do the surf and turf. I also love when they have scallops on the menu.

The service is top notch....friendly and professional at the same time. We dine there on every trip, and will have two meals there on our next trip.

We've been so disappointed in the rude and money-grubbing service we've had at Citricos the couple of times we've been there. Yes, it's stuffy, but we saw plenty of jeans/sneaker/tank tops on our last visit there. (In comparison, V&A is upscale, yet never has the attitude that Citricos seems to have).

The last time we were there, our server was rude, made fun of us to another server (don't know why....we were spending a couple hundred bucks, and were the best dressed there), and insisted I had two glasses of wine when I only had one (DH had none since we just had some in the GF concierge lounge right before dinner).

Flying Fish is great, but not a place we make the effort to get to often (spent a good chunk of time traveling to and from). I think your kids would like Narcoosse's atmosphere a lot more, too. BTW.....we don't have children yet. Just giving you our choice for the best restaurant.

SBETigg
01-28-2008, 07:56 AM
I gave my kids, ages 16 and 14, their choice of the three (actually, of all signature dining) on the last visit. They were familiar with the menus and set-up of all three. They love fine dining and are not picky kids. They still felt that the atmosphere at Citricos was not for them. A bit on the snooty, uncomfortable side for their taste.

We were staying at the GF and that was one of our quiet nights, so they opted for Narcoossee's instead of leaving the resort for dinner. They were very happy with the choice, loved the food, atmosphere, and service. We did catch the fireworks from an inside table and it was wonderful. We plan on trying Flying Fish next time.

sillyolbear
01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
We've tried all three, although we don't have kids. I would recommend all three. I would rate them in order--Citricos, FF, and Narcossees.

We dined next to families with small children at all three and never got the sense that the children were out of place even at Citricos.

Which ever one you choose, you'll have a great meal. Enjoy!

jefmblrd
01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
We've only eaten at Narcoosees from those on your list, and we loved it. We'd certainly go back.

May524
01-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I haven't tried Citricos or Narcossees, but I have eaten at Flying Fish and I LOVED it! I can't express how much I enjoyed the potato wrapped snapper :)

kristom
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
On the Dining Plan, can you order ANY entree off the menu at Narcoosees (including the lobster)? I know that we will be using 2 Dining credits per person, but are there any other limitations? Sounds like this is a great place to eat for seafood. I can't wait!!!

SBETigg
01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
On the Dining Plan, can you order ANY entree off the menu at Narcoosees (including the lobster)? I know that we will be using 2 Dining credits per person, but are there any other limitations? Sounds like this is a great place to eat for seafood. I can't wait!!!

Yes, you can order the lobster. There are no limitations.

anneb
01-28-2008, 05:36 PM
While I haven't been to Narcossee's, I thought Citricos was wonderful - great food, pretty setting, and relatively quiet. I was dining without kids - and there were fewer children there than at most WDW restaurants - but the kids that were there did not seem out of place. However, Flying Fish is also very good, and your kids might like it better - the more bustling, "cooler" adult atmosphere will likely appeal to the older kids, and the decor is likely much more interesting to them. The Flying Fish's location on the Boardwalk is also a big plus - the street entertainers are really pretty fun to watch. (I think in slower seasons they may only have the street entertainers on weekends, but I'm not sure about that.)

Natazu
01-29-2008, 01:38 AM
The good news is, you can't go wrong with any of the three. They are all superb and have their own special qualities and yumminess.

Of the three, my favorite is Flying Fish. We went three times on our last trip, canceling a Narcoossee's and a Coral Reef reservation to do so. We just kept wanting to try more of the new menu.