PDA

View Full Version : dining with children

honeebee86
01-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been questioned on their child's age when dining at a sit down meal. I will be with my 3 younger brothers, two of which are 9 and 8. Both of them are very tall for their age (the 9 yo is about a half a foot shorter than his 15yo brother and the 8 yo is a head shorter than the 9yo) i would assume this wouldn't be a problem but i just dont want my brothers to feel as though they are being accused of anything wrong especially when this is the first family vacation they have ever had and their first time in WDW. Thank you all!

baby minnie's mommy
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't be concerned, for two reasons. (I'm talking about all restaurants, not just Disney.)

One: Remember being a kid and always wanting to be older? :) They'll probably take it as a compliment if someone thinks they are older.

Two: Waitstaff can be good about asking kids their age in a cheerful "I'm interested in you, not your money" kind of way. Even if it's not done the most polite way, the kids will probably just blow it off, unlike adults who tend to let things bug them. :D

Disney is supposed to be very kid-friendly, so try to put any bad experiences behind you and not worry. If you know it might cause a problem for the kids, just offer their age before the waitstaff has a chance to ask.

While I don't have experience with older kids, my 2-year-old is tall and looks 3, which is the age we'll have to start paying. We are seldom asked about her age at restaurants, and when we offer her age we often get the "I wasn't worried about it" wave of hand from waitstaff/cashiers.

Relax and enjoy your vacation! :party:

Donald
01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
My 8 year old son is also very tall for his age and when we arrived at the hostess station for our reservation, she just simply asked " how many children's menus do you need?". ;) Enjoy your time at the world!:mickey:

peemagg
01-28-2008, 05:17 AM
On this past trip, the only problem we had was at one or two of the places, they tried to charge us for a child's dinner, when all 3 of our kids were under 3. When we explained the mistake, they fixed it, but not without a bit if disgust on their part for the extra work they had to do.