PDA

View Full Version : Emmy's Birthday Extravaganza Day 2

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Cast: Me, Emmy, Uncle Derek (Uncle Brad and Aunt Meg later)
Same location...
Tuesday, January 22

Well, today began rather interesting... Initial plan was AK followed by DHS in the evening after a midday break/nap/pool swim. We get ready pretty early to hit the parks right near opening. First, we were going to take the buses, but then we saw that the line for the bus to AK was longer than we were really willing to wait. So we got in my car and headed over... we pull into the parking lot and just turned right back out of there. UGH. waaaaaaay too many people for that early in to morning. They were parking in that last lot already. So we decided to do Epcot.

Epcot was MUCH less crowded which really didn't make sense because Tuesday was morning EMH for Epcot... whatever. We did Nemo (of course... it is ritual whenever we do Epcot), then SSE (which by the way I really enjoyed. I liked the end with the pictures and stuff. I have a little video on my camera from it as well as some pics. Then we ate lunch at Electric Umbrella (Emmy was screaming for food), then headed to World Showcase to ride Maelstrom and The ride in Mexico (I forget the name) because me and Em's had never done them. That was pretty much it for the morning. We took it easy really.

So we go back all ready to swim. And lo and behold, the pool is closed. Now, the sign had been out early in the morning and they were doing something to the fountain. Well, the sign was still out when we got back. So I called the front desk and they knew nothing. So I went out and asked a lifeguard and they said it would be opened tomorrow at the latest. Now, I would just take Emma to the Mighty Ducks pool but she said she didn't like it and that she wanted to swim with Mickey. I dunno why she didn't like it, but don't ever question a 3 year old. So she was pretty mad that we didn't get to swim.

She was pretty excited when we got back to the room and Cinderella had left her a card with a picture and a balloon. We took a nap and Uncle Derek had to leave to take care of some school stuff and get ready for the week and what not. She woke up very sad her Uncle Derek wasn't there but I told her we were going to see Little Mermaid and she perked back up. About this time, Uncle Brad and Aunt Meg called to tell us they were almost there, about 8 hours earlier than originally planned. But they didn't have Disney tickets, and Emmy was already set on Little Mermaid so we headed for DHS. It was pretty late in the day, but we were staying for EMH so it wasn't a wasted evening. We got our wrist bands and did Fantasmic (first time every seeing it... AMAZING!) and then swam through the crowds over to Little Mermaid. Then we did the dance party they had outside at Playhouse Disney. Goofy, Pluto, Jojo, Goliath, and the Little Einsteins were all there. Goofy danced with Emma and she was so happy. A great way to end the night.

After that, we headed back to the hotel. I am glad we drove because I really didn't want to wait for the bus (line looked incredibly long).

Pool was still closed (oh well). But Uncle Brad and Aunt Meg were there. So we all hung out and watched a little tv before finally hitting the hay around 1am. We had an early morning the next day for BBB!

Hair_Razor
01-27-2008, 10:47 AM
How fun. Sorry about the crazy pool problems.

MauiMouse
01-27-2008, 03:13 PM
One nice thing about having a car is being able to change plans quickly.

Too bad about the pool being closed. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a fabulous day!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I think I want to rent a car the next time I am there. I am not knocking the buses at all, but I think that might be fun to do differently.

faline
01-27-2008, 04:22 PM
By staying flexible, you were able to have a very nice day!

pdrlkr
01-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: