PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Crowds??

catnmouse
01-26-2008, 05:55 PM
I am sure that this question has been asked before, but can anyone tell me how bad the crowds are the week AFTER Memorial Day? We have been before in early May and the weather and crowds were great! Our next trip is planned for May 26-June 1. We will be arriving at WDW on Memorial Day. Any info would be great!

Thanks!

faline
01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

You're arriving at the start of the busy summer season but crowds won't be as heavy as they will be later in the summer.

We've been over Memorial Day weekend before and found the crowds to be manageable. The last two years, went the first weekend in June for quick weekend trips. The year before last, we were so pleased with the lack of crowds during that weekend that we went again last year. Last year, we found it quite a bit more crowded and would consider the crowds to be moderate, but manageable, with the use of fast pass.

catnmouse
01-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the info! We hope the Memorial Day crowds will thin out on Tues-Friday!

McGoofy
02-27-2008, 10:44 AM
We are now planning to be there 5/28-6/1. We are hoping that the Memorial Day crowd will thin out a little after that Monday. Does anybody know if there is a difference in crowds a few days AFTER Memorial Day?

poeticeclipse
02-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Last year, DH and I arrived for our honeymoon on May 26 and stayed 8 nights. I've been in mid May before and I noticed a difference. Of course, you have to keep in mind that attendance has been up all around with the YOMD promotion and even the "value" season can be crowded at times.

Make sure you utilize FastPass and have a good day schedule planned. At least know what park is the best for each particular day by going to touringplans.com. I also normally figure out where i'm headed first every day. Get to the parks early! That's the trick to getting on those big ticket rides quickly. First in the park means first to the action.

Mom2princesses
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
This is too funny! I was thinking of going the same time next year and even posted a very similiar question.

I am thinking of taking my younger dd to WDW on her 5th birthday as a surprise. We did this with my older DD and it was a hoot. The big difference is that my older dd's birthday was in February. Great time to go to WDW. But my younger dd's birthday is 5/26 which is always around memorial day. Next year (2009 when she turns 5) it is the day after Memorial day. Anyhow I'm thinking of going from May 23rd throug May 30th. I am also hoping that the crowds are not too bad especially the days after Memorial day.

Also how hot is the weather we went last August and it was so hot, humid and sticky I don't want to have the same experience.

playdead88
03-02-2008, 07:36 AM
we will be going the same time in 09 may 21st through may 27th - we love going in april but between my dd's gymnastics meets and my sister being in nursing school we decided this would be the best week - we wanted to avoid june - we have been the 3rd week in may and i have to say the crowds were good and weather was awesome just hope that holds true for the last week in may :fingers:

luvkatiebug
03-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey! We are going at that exact same time. We are flying in that Tuesday after Memorial Day, and leaving on the 2nd. I think the crowds will be moderate, but crazy at some points. We will leave and nap at those times. The good thing is that the parks are open late. We hope to get there early in the mornings, leave during the hot part of the day, and going back in the late afternoon. Enjoy!:mickey:

the real Alice
03-03-2008, 02:23 PM
My DH and I just booked May 29 - June 2nd. i know it is a quick trip but it's better than nothing. He is a teacher/coach so we have to work around his school schedule. I hope the crowds aren't terrible, but we'll have fun no matter what :mickey:

gcbdad
03-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I think the crowds won't be that bad. There will definitley be people but I am sure that you will have a great time.
We will be there around the same time.