PDA

View Full Version : Christmas questions

lovemykaitlyn
01-26-2008, 05:23 PM
:mickey:
We are going to go at Christmas this year and I know it will be busy. We will be there from the 24th or 25th for about 4-5 days. Husband and I have been twice. We are going with Brother and his wife and kids, grandparents, and our family of 3. Total kids: 5 under 9. :santa3: We have been at slower times of year so this is new for me. They have not been before.

1-Is MK more crowded on any particular day? Such as on Christmas day?

2-Are there earlier entry days just like other times? (I know that these are the days to avoid)

3-Do the Christmas decorations stay up until New Year's? (hope so!) As well as the Osbourne family spectacle of lights? Parades, etc?

Any other suggestions will be helpful, I love to plan. I will be doing this for the whole group, mostly. :mjump::mjump:

BigRedDad
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I am sure it is going to be crowded at all parks on all days that week.

1. I doubt there will be any day that will be different than another.

2. They will have EMH during that time in the morning and at night. I am not sure when they will post the times.

3. The decorations will be up.

Just prepare to be in long lines the whole time.

faline
01-26-2008, 06:12 PM
That is one of the most crowded times of year to visit. All parks will be very busy. Some parks may close to additional guests - particulary on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.

Jeff
01-26-2008, 06:53 PM
:1-Is MK more crowded on any particular day? Such as on Christmas day?

2-Are there earlier entry days just like other times? (I know that these are the days to avoid)

3-Do the Christmas decorations stay up until New Year's? (hope so!) As well as the Osbourne family spectacle of lights? Parades, etc?

Any other suggestions will be helpful, I love to plan. I will be doing this for the whole group, mostly. :mjump::mjump:

1. On Christmas day itself the MK will be elbow to elbow - no exageration. This year it closed around 11am because it was at capacity.

2. There are Extra Magic Hours Christmas week. In fact this last year the MK had EMH in the morning every day of the week. It was also open till 4am on Dec. 30th (we were there - it was fun). The "trick" of avoiding the EMH park doesn't reall work during Christmas week. All parks will be packed. It is better to make use of the EMH's. You can still get a lot done in the frist 2 hours of park opening.

3. Christmas Decorations will still be up.

We have been the last 5 years during Christmas week. My best advice: Get to the parks as they open. Use the late night EMH's if you can. Use fast pass wisely. Make ADR's early.