PDA

View Full Version : New Kids on the Block Reunion

PirateLover
01-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Well I guess Jordan Knight is hardup for cash. Do you remember when VH1 had a show a few years back where this guy went to all these old groups and tried to get them to reunite for one show? The catch was every member had to say yes. I'm pretty sure that Jordan was the only one who said no when they did New Kids.

New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.
-People

brewcrew26
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Like, OMG! I actually remember that special. Jordan actually said yes. They couldn't get Danny to say yes to it. I guess he has come lucrative producing career now. I thought Jonathan would say no since he had so many problems after the group originally broke up. I think I read he sells real estate in the Boston area now.

Oh well...I think I might actually go see them in a reunion. I never had the chance to see them when they were big (wow, that takes me back to fourth grade...).

I think I'm waiting more for that N'Sync reunion...

PirateLover
01-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Like, OMG! I actually remember that special. Jordan actually said yes. They couldn't get Danny to say yes to it.
You're right! I think I was confusing that with Jordan being on the Surreal Life and talking about how he wanted to move on and really get a solo career going.

Melanie
01-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm really surprised Jonathan has agreed to this. I've seen him on a few programs throughout the years (Oprah comes to mind) and he has a severe anxiety problem, which is why he quit in the first place.

ncscgirl2005
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Can't wait to see this. Right Stuff and Please Don't Go Girl are still my jams!

mickey&missy
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
OMG! This totally takes me back to 8th grade! Me and my best friend went to a New Kids concert at Giant Stadium! Can you believe they played in Giant Stadium?!

brewcrew26
01-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Can't wait to see this. Right Stuff and Please Don't Go Girl are still my jams!

Was there like a song called Calendar Girl that Joey sang? Loved that song!! I think Step By Step was the first CD my mom let me go out and buy.

I wonder if they come back to tour if it would all be 25-40-year-olds in the audience? I can't imagine with all the Hannah Montana and HSM craze that tweens would want to go see NKOTB unless their parents made them.

Disneyatic
01-27-2008, 09:04 PM
I have to admit that if they come to my city, I will go :blush:
I had the biggest crush on Jordan and that was my first concert ever to go to.

Doesn't it seem funny to call them New Kids on the Block, when they are all in their 30's and up!
They'll probably go by NKOTB, but it's still a funny visual!

I think I'm waiting more for that N'Sync reunion...

I am SO with you on this, my dirty little secret is an obsession with N'Sync! But I have a feeling that Justin wouldn't okay a reunion.
When they were in the height of their fame, my friends and I travelled all over watching their shows and hunting them :blush:
That was many moons ago when I had nothing better to do with my time or money though!

PirateLover
01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
I would also love an *//\\// SYNC reunion hah!
Well now the denials are starting... Danny released this statement:

"Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can't believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood"

Dracula766
01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
This is horrible news!!!

I almost want to :ack::ack:

NotaGeek
01-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I read the following on PerezHilton.com:

Danny Wood just sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

"Hello to everyone. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the New Year. I wanted to address the rumors of the NKOTB Reunion Tour. There has been no talk of this and you are getting it from source directly. Never say never, and you can't believe everything you read.

On another note my solo record will be released in Australia in March. There are a few new songs on it and I hope you guys will check it out. Thank you so much for your continued support.

Dwood"

PirateLover
01-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey Michael... I actually posted the same info in this thread a few hours earlier, 2 posts back ;)

Anywho, he has added to his statement:

"Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought "maybe someday we'll get back together" – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on www.NKOTB.com "

NotaGeek
01-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey Michael... I actually posted the same info in this thread a few hours earlier, 2 posts back ;)

"Hi to all the New Kids On The Block fans, I wanted to clarify since my first post this morning regarding the NKOTB reunion. I loved being a part of the group, and have always thought "maybe someday we'll get back together" – you just never know when your someday will come. I can guarantee all the fans that if this reunion were to happen, they would hear about it first on www.NKOTB.com "

Looks like you got the scoop on the New Kids gossip! :thumbsup:

jennbunn
01-29-2008, 01:41 AM
me and my friends were all about nkotb. this summer i went on ebay and got all the cd's again for my sis birthday party. my sis was too young to go to the concerts with us back then so if they did come back for a tour i would take her and prob scream my head off just like i did then :)

d_m_n_n
01-29-2008, 09:46 AM
NKOTB wasn't just for the tween crowd! I had a poster of Jordan on my door in college!!! Not to mention, I remember vividly dialing Oprah when the tickets were released for their appearance on her show. Oh man...they were so hot!! :faint: I think I would still let Jordan sing to me (just don't tell DH)... :cloud9:

prprincess
01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Aw man! I actually got a little excited when I read the original post. Sigh...

Since we're all outting ourselves, I absolutely LOVED Menudo and still do. Some of the old member get together every once in a while and tour. The last time I saw them in person was in the late 90s, and yes, it was all women in their late 20s and 30s.:D

Disneyatic
01-29-2008, 03:08 PM

This statement is still pretty vague and could mean that they are going to announce something in the future. We can hope :secret:
That would be such a blast from the past!

brewcrew26
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
One of the DJs at the station I work for said the guys were on the View yesterday and said that the reunion was a go. I haven't had the chance to search online for anything confirming that.

NotaGeek
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
One of the DJs at the station I work for said the guys were on the View yesterday and said that the reunion was a go. I haven't had the chance to search online for anything confirming that.

They were not on the view. The hosts talked about it during hot topics. There is still nothing that says it's for sure. At this point I won't believe it until I see tickets for sale ... and then I won't buy them, but at least all you NKOTB fans can relive your youth! :)

As said previously, their website is teasing of a reunion, and to be honest, why would anyone have a brand new website since the band is basically broke with no record deal if there wasn't a reunion in the works? You can go to their website at www.nkotb.com and sign up for exclusive information if you would like to be in their mailing list. Good luck!

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm really surprised Jonathan has agreed to this. I've seen him on a few programs throughout the years (Oprah comes to mind) and he has a severe anxiety problem, which is why he quit in the first place.

I remember that. He also had a lot of difficulty doing the interview 4 or 5 years ago when VH1 did that Bands Reunited tv show. I wish they'd bring back that show.

RedheadWriter
01-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I cannot tell you how old I felt reading this. When I loved NKOTB, i was 13 and they were teen boys, now they are grown men pushing middle age amd I will be 33. When the oldies station starts playing their songs, please humanely shoot me. :blush:

prprincess
01-31-2008, 10:17 AM
As said previously, their website is teasing of a reunion, and to be honest, why would anyone have a brand new website since the band is basically broke with no record deal if there wasn't a reunion in the works? I'm not sure if the teaser that you're speaking of is the one that's up on their site today, but it definitely makes it seem like something's going to happen. It ends by asking, "are you ready?"

bleukarma
01-31-2008, 10:46 AM
I’m excited and sad at the same time. Has it really been 18 years since they were big??! Also, my favorite was Jonathon and he’s turning 40 this year??!!!!! What???! I feel so old!!!!!!!

I can remember when the Super Bowl came to Tampa and they were in town to do the half time show. Every girl in town (including me!) was on the look-out for New Kids!!!

Melanie
03-31-2008, 05:45 PM
From People.com

New Kids on the Block to Appear on Today Show

Looks like the Today show's got the right stuff: All five original New Kids on the Block members – Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight – will appear together in the morning show's courtyard on April 4, a source tells PEOPLE.

After months of speculation, PEOPLE confirmed in January that the band is reuniting – just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of their mega-hit album Hangin' Tough. The group also recently updated its Web site, nkotb.com.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994. Since then, the oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, 39, retreated back to Boston to become a real estate developer. Former members Wahlberg, 38, and McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Jordan Knight, 37, has continued to record.

JanetMegan
04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
If you hadn't posted that yesterday I would think it was an April Fools...

Melanie
04-01-2008, 08:17 AM
If you hadn't posted that yesterday I would think it was an April Fools...

It was April Fools here. ;)

JanetMegan
04-01-2008, 11:04 AM
I thought about that after I posted ;) Shoot, I was getting excited ;)

PirateLover
04-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Guys, I don't think it was a joke. The info was sent out to all of their fans who signed up from the website and they released an official picture to Yahoo! which you can see here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20080402/en_launch/58951639
If this was a joke then it was pretty elaborate and many people will be upset. I think it's for real.

prprincess
04-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Guys, I don't think it was a joke. The info was sent out to all of their fans who signed up from the website and they released an official picture to Yahoo! which you can see here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20080402/en_launch/58951639
If this was a joke then it was pretty elaborate and many people will be upset. I think it's for real.I saw the pick on Yahoo! last night, and I have to say, they all look really good!! I didn't get the details though. If you hear anything, let us know!

Melanie
04-03-2008, 06:02 PM
It's true! :D I will say that I'm honestly surprised Donnie Wahlberg is involved. :unsure:

From Yahoo! News

New Kids on the Block to Reunite

BOSTON - They may be pushing 40, but the New Kids are returning to the block. The Boston boy band New Kids on the Block, which sold 70 million albums in the 1980s and early 1990s, has reunited and plans to release a new album and go on tour. The reunion comes 20 years after the release of the group's multi-platinum album, "Hanging Tough."

The group released a new photo Wednesday and reportedly will appear on the Today show Friday morning — the same time an unmarked countdown clock on http://www.nkotb.com ends.

"The fan response to this has been incredible," band member Donnie Wahlberg told the Boston Herald.

Wahlberg said he was convinced to get back together with his former bandmates — Joey McIntyre, brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood — when they decided to record new music. Wahlberg said he wrote 80 percent of the new material with McIntyre and Jordan Knight.

"I had no interest going out on a nostalgia tour and singing the same material," said Wahlberg, 38.

But he added, "We absolutely will do the old songs for sure."

Producer Maurice Starr formed the group in Boston in the 1980s, hoping to recreate the success he had with another teen group from the city, New Edition.

At the height of their popularity, New Kids sold out world tours, marketed millions of dollars in merchandise and spawned a Saturday morning cartoon.

The group disbanded in 1994. Wahlberg has acted on television and in movies, while Jordan Knight, McIntyre and Wood released solo albums. Jonathan Knight became a real estate developer.

poeticeclipse
04-04-2008, 03:53 PM
They were on this morning!! Did anyone watch it?

I'm going to look for the video online tonight but i've seen pictures already. :) I'm so happy! haha

tinklover
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I did watchi t this morning being teh block head that i am lol:blush::secret:. YEs tehy Re reuniting and have started recording and tehir first preformance will be May 16th on teh Today show. I am so excited about this and i really should not be . but it was just 14 short years ago on april 1st that i got to meet the guys at the wall in King of prussia mall as they were signing autographs to promote their no more games album. I am excited for them and can not wait to hear the new songs. i guess i will forever be a disney Loving Block head hahahahahahahahahahaha

AdventurelandTikiGirl
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I saw them on the Today Show this morning. They looked older, but I can't wait to see their moves and hear their new songs. It was quite funny to see a bunch of screaming women (rather than teens). I'm not ashamed to admit I'm quite excited about this reunion. Probably the first big reunion of my generation. :cool:

Krystal_Rose
04-04-2008, 06:11 PM
I wonder if they come back to tour if it would all be 25-40-year-olds in the audience? I can't imagine with all the Hannah Montana and HSM craze that tweens would want to go see NKOTB unless their parents made them.

I was thinking this same thing. :mickey: I pretty sure I would have to drag my tween to see them. She refers to the 90's as oldies!

wdwgrl377
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
OMG! This totally takes me back to 8th grade! Me and my best friend went to a New Kids concert at Giant Stadium! Can you believe they played in Giant Stadium?!

ME TOO!!! This is bringing me back to 8th grade myself!! My friend's dad was a DJ in New Orleans, and he got us tickets to meet the guys before the show and got front row seats!!!

pixiesmimi
04-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Yes, they were on the Today Show and said that they will have their debut performance on the Today Show in May. They also said something about going on tour.

I, too, would be surprised to see Jonathan start performing again after they showed on the Oprah Show his extreme case of stage fright and he was curled up in a fetal position in the green room before going on. I can't see this happening with him in this condition unless he has come out of it after therapy or something. I can't figure out what happened to him after all those years of performing to cause this.

They asked if they were still going to be called NKOTB and they said they were still "kids" and would still be using the name. I guess if the Rolling Stones can do it, they can too. At least they aren't as old as the RSs.

Melanie
05-02-2008, 08:24 PM
From People.com:

It's been 14 years since the New Kids on the Block have released a song – and on May 13 fans will be able to hear whether it was worth the wait when the band's new single "Summertime" will be available online. (Check PEOPLE.com for an early sample of the tune on Monday, May 5.) Then, on May 17, Joey McIntyre, 36, Donnie Wahlberg, 38, Danny Wood, 38, and Jordan, 37, and Jonathan Knight, 39, will kick-off their new tour at New York radio station Z100's Zootopia concert at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J. The band will perform live the day before on The Today Show – the first time NKOTB have performed live since they split in 1994.

brewcrew26
05-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Jordan is still a cutie!

Dakota Rose
05-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay, it's time to come out of hiding NKOTB fans. I know you're out there.

They're all grown up. We're all grown up. But who here was a fan? Who was your favorite kid? And how do you feel about the reunion?

Personally, I'm more excited about their reunion than I will admit to my "real life" friends. I fully intended on going to their Chicago concert but it sold out before I could do anything about it.

Well now that I've completely embarassed myself, I'll wait for other NKOTB fans to come out of the closet.

JanetMegan
05-16-2008, 08:08 AM
When is it they are going to be singing on tv? Is that in a couple weeks?

I was (still am) a HUGE fan ;) I :heart: Jordan!

Melanie
05-16-2008, 08:13 AM
When is it they are going to be singing on tv? Is that in a couple weeks?

TODAY Janet (on the Today show)!

Melanie
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
It's pouring! :rain:

The medley of old songs is a little odd IMO, coming from almost 40 year olds. I guess they have to please the masses. :unsure:

JanetMegan
05-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Dang it, I hope they put it online, I missed it!

DisneyCouture
05-16-2008, 09:13 AM
I am looking forward to them performing again. I was a big fan back in the day. Jordan was my fave.They are coming to CT in late Sept and I want to go, the only thing is the morning after the concert I am leaving on a VERY early flight to WDW.

brewcrew26
05-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I kinda like the new "Summertime" song. It's got a good beat. It was weird how they did like only 2 lines of Hangin' Tough.

And now that I'm older, I find myself strangely attracted to Donnie. Although I still heart Jordan. I loved looking into the audience and seeing a bunch of 30-somethings, soaked but still wearing the huge buttons circa 1989. Funny...I still have mine, too.

I'm hoping I can get some free tix to the Chicago contest through my work.

JanetMegan
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
:(Ok I watched it online, it wasn't great-I was kinda bummed

NotaGeek
05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Who would even go to a NKOTB concert if they didn't do Step by Step? I hit record before I left the house, so I can't wait to see how it looks.

I won't be going to the concerts, I doubt the Kids will make it to Spokane. ;)

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Well, I enjoyed watching them on the Today show! I taped it too. I really am glad they sang, "Tonight" that was a favorite of mine, but I enjoyed just seeing them all sing together again! It brought back a lot of great memories too!

SBETigg
05-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I thought I was a little old for NKOTB, but it turns out they're all my age! :blush: My kid sister loved them and I had to play all kinds of NKOTB songs at my 1990 wedding to appease her. She's trying to get tickets for their Mohegan Sun show tomorrow.

I did watch them on the Today Show and I was actually pretty impressed. It could have been a big joke, but they actually did well and didn't look too silly doing the dances. Plus, they had the humor to laugh at themselves and they seemed really grateful for the fans. I thought it was sweet. My radio station is making merciless fun of them, though.

Melanie
05-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Who would even go to a NKOTB concert if they didn't do Step by Step?

True, true, but it was a little strange. :D

I really am glad they sang, "Tonight" that was a favorite of mine, but I enjoyed just seeing them all sing together again!

I had forgotten about Tonight, and am a bit embarrassed to say that the lyrics all came back to me as I was watching. I really liked that song as well.

NotaGeek
05-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Melanears + NotaGeek = :old:

NotaGeek
05-16-2008, 10:51 PM
OK, I just finished watching them on Today ... I loved it ... and you know, it's a bad thing about Today, sometimes their sounds is just horrible. I think their singing wasn't bad ... you could definitely tell they were nervous though!

I would totally go see them if they were around!

Melanie
05-17-2008, 12:37 AM
And now that I'm older, I find myself strangely attracted to Donnie.

I was always a Jonathan fan, but I'm with you on the Donnie thing. I loved him in Band of Brothers and on the shortlived Boomtown.

Melanears + NotaGeek = :old:

HEY! But you're older! :fresh:

I just think it's great that a NKOTB thread on INTERCOT is up to 3 pages. :D

pixiesmimi
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Was it just me or did Jonathan seem like he was ill at ease with the dancing and kept watching the others? I'm wondering how they even got him out there with his stage fright issues not long ago.

My daughter was the NKOTB fan and we still have her posters, dolls and black and pink hat like some at the Today Show were wearing. Who would have thought they would come back. Hope their new song is good, I haven't heard it, and that they do good at the concerts. If the fan base at the concerts is anything like the one on the Today Show, they should do great!

brewcrew26
05-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Maybe we could petition for a private Intercot NKOTB concert? :yay:

PirateLover
05-17-2008, 09:57 PM
I just think it's great that a NKOTB thread on INTERCOT is up to 3 pages. :D

:D I think it's so funny that I started it, as I was only about 9 when they broke up. I am glad that they added dates. No way was I going to have the money to pay the Borgata price... tickets for a november show in Philly will go on sale in a month.

PS I also think Donnie is looking quite nice these days. ;)

tinkerbell04
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
I bought my tickets this morning for the concert in DC on October 9th. I saw them quite a few times as a teenager and I am sure that I will be reliving my youth that night! :)

DizNee143
06-10-2008, 10:56 AM
has anyone seen the video for summertime yet??
the video was pretty good..and i have to say i really like the summertime song!!
i never got to see them when i was younger..and i dunno if i would have anyone to go with to go see them now!! lol...
but i think its great that they finally got back together!!
now i just have to wait for nsync to get back together!!! they were my boy band!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Disneyatic
06-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Tickets for their show in Dallas went on sale yesterday and I forgot! (that shows how old and uncool I am getting!) But I got on the ticketmaster website today and there are still available tix, so I think I am going to buy a few!

now i just have to wait for nsync to get back together!!! they were my boy band!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am with you on this! I would pay big bucks to see their reunion show! But with Justin's gigantic ego, I don't think it will ever happen :(
In their heyday, my friends and I were so obsessed with them! We saw them in 4 different states, met them and became very good at stalking.....errr, I mean being fans!

brewcrew26
06-10-2008, 09:58 PM
has anyone seen the video for summertime yet??
the video was pretty good..and i have to say i really like the summertime song!!
i never got to see them when i was younger..and i dunno if i would have anyone to go with to go see them now!! lol...
but i think its great that they finally got back together!!

I haven't seen the video yet, but I do like the song a lot. DH thought I was nuts for downloading it off itunes.

There's still tickets available for the Milwaukee show, so I may get them with my next paycheck (I just went to see comedian Jeff Dunham so I'm not sure how DH will take that).

I think if you give Nsync 20 years or so when they all have kids like NKOTB. They'll need to pay the bills, too, so keep waiting, give Justin time. Although, I think for some reason that JC would be more difficult for some reason (don't know why).

I also saw them in two states, but I wasn't good at stalking. I only did that to baseball players. :secret:

Dopey's Girl
06-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I got my tix for the St. Paul concert in October! I can't wait. I was a huge, huge fan back in the day, but couldn't afford concerts and stuff like that then. We got great seats, so it will be fun to see them as adults!

jennbunn
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
i also got tix for the st paul show. i am going with 2 of my girlfriends from high school. my dh thinks i am nuts but that's ok. can't wait to scream my head off like i did back in 1990 :thumbsup:

OhToodles!
06-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I got tickets for the STL show in November.
I can't wait!!

brewcrew26
07-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I just got a call from my best friend. She got four tickets for our main group of friends from high school to the Milwaukee concert in October.

Now I'm getting excited!!

tinkerbell04
10-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Saw the show in DC last night! Was just as good as the last show I saw 16 years ago! The only difference was now instead of kids, it was a bunch of thirty-somethings! There was so much screaming that it was hard to hear them actually sing!

Man...they still can dance and make it look good!!!

For all of you out there who are going soon....have a blast!

SBETigg
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
I saw them on Tuesday at Mohegan Sun in CT. My kid sister was the huge fan and she had an extra ticket, so I went along. Now I realize they are my age and they were all looking pretty good. :blush:

There was a lot of screaming. And the guys looked like they are having the best time out there. It was a great show.

Randypandy
11-04-2008, 02:28 AM
I went and saw them sunday night. :D I had a blast. From the moment they went on stage to the last song all i heard was screaming. :thumbsup:. They have not lost their touch since i last saw them when i was 11 or 12 years old. I got the tour book and a shirt and a pin that flashes. :thedolls: I so wanted the tour shirt but it was $45 bucks. I'll have to wait till the price goes down on the site. My sister went with me and she still has the cards and tour books from the last concert they had. I can't wait till next year. They will be on tour till February of next year. :number1:

kdbianchini
11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I went to the show in New Orleans and few weeks ago. It was awesome!!! So many screaming girls and I was one of them! :number1:

Randypandy
03-14-2009, 02:06 AM
I just went to the new kids on the block concert tonight in Orlando,FL. It was awesome. :thumbsup:. They played great tonight at the Amway Arena. I got seats that were so close to the stage.

pixiesmimi
03-14-2009, 10:13 PM
DD (33 yesterday) went tonight in Biloxi with her BFF whose birthday is also this weekend to see them. They were both fans back when they were first popular and decided this would be their birthday celebration. :) She called when she got there and said there were so many "30 year old women" running around with their buttons on, etc. :D I reminded her that she was 30 something too! Tickets were very expensive though. $150 each! Is this the norm at all of their concerts?

Randypandy
03-16-2009, 01:49 AM
yup that's normal I'm almost 30 I'll be 29 this June. lol . We had 4 extra tickets and sold them for around $50 to $75. I bought a flashing pin and a Cd. They have a shirt at the concert that i liked for $35 but it wasn't there on the store website. It was great to see them again this year. I just hope they come again next year. I hear they are doing a 3 day/4 night cruise in may at Tampa Fl ;)

pixiesmimi
03-16-2009, 11:19 AM
DD said they had a great time! Said people were standing in line to pay $500 for an all access pass. I thought we were in recession? :D

We talked about whether or not Jon (John?) had gotten over his anxiety disorder (stage fright) but she said she noticed that he only looked to the side or down when performing, never directly at the audience. Wonder how come him to come down with this after all those years of performing.

Randypandy
04-05-2009, 02:53 AM
I found out they are doing another tour and are coming here in may. tickets haven't gone on sale yet but im watching them. :thedolls: