PDA

View Full Version : Trying new places..what about Trails end?

mouseketeer mom
01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
We are staying at the WL in April. We're making ADRs for different places this trip, always liking to keep things fresh!!;) Anyway, what about the Trails end buffet? Would that be a good one to try? And if so, how do we get there from the WL? Can we walk?

NJ Camper
01-26-2008, 04:40 PM
We have eaten there many times its a buffet so you pick and choose what you want they usually have a good amount of choices are you going for breakfast,lunch or dinner I have only done breakfast and dinner both where good but DIFFENTLY get adr's depending on when you go you wouldn't get in we went this past NOV and its not usually too busy but got turned away for dinner because they where fully booked so I would make adr's or plan on either counter service in parks or going off property but have found trialsend to be good for breakfast I like crystal palace first but trailsend is a good choice also have a magical trip :mickey:

Crow
01-26-2008, 05:53 PM
this is top of my list for buffet value onsite. havent been there last few trips though, so it might b time. & there are some discounts available. lunch is a great deal

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-26-2008, 07:03 PM
We are staying at WL in Feb.We have stayed in the cabins at FT Wilderness and this is worth the money.Good ribs and fried chicken.its kinda like the old counry buffet but better.

ibrowse17
01-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Trail's End has been one of the best kept secrets at WDW, but I agree that you better have ADR's now days. As good as lunch and dinner are, we really enjoy breakfast there. They really put out a spread for all meals, and it is worth the time:thumbsup:

Natazu
01-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Trail's End is certainly the best value on property. The food is pretty good; I think it's a great lunch or breakfast. For dinner though, there are definitely better restaurants to try, especially if you're on the dining plan.

wdwfansince75
01-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Trails End has been one of our favorites for years. About the most economical buffet on site, since they closed the Buffeteria in the Contemporary. (Preceeded the Concourse Steakhouse) All family members have been able to find something to their liking. In 6/06, we celebrated DGS#2's 12th birthday on our first evening at WDW. We took the boat over from the Contemporary. We had ordered a cake, which was absolutely great, as was the rest of the food.

After supper, our party broke up, with DW and I returning to the Contemporary by one boat, and the rest of the party taking the boat to the Magic Kingdom. That boat runs between the MK, WL, and FW. Seems to me that the order of stops varies during the day.....sometimes going WL to MK to FW to WL, and sometimes the reverse. At any rate, the dock for both boats is very close to the Trails End. Look for the vestages of the lawnmower which had the tree grow through it. Just about obscured by the growth of the tree, but still detectable in 2006. Just to the right of the walkway from the dock to the Trails End.

DisneyorBust
01-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I guess that I will be the lone voice of dissent regarding Trails End. My family found the food to be uninspiring, relatively tasteless. We left the restaurant disappointed and wishing that we had gone elsewhere. In retrospect, I would have rather dined at a counter service restaurant than at the Trails End. There are a variety of foods to choose from but for us it was the absolute worst buffet dining experience at WDW.

January-2007
01-28-2008, 08:07 AM
We really enjoy Trail's End. We went for lunch both times and liked it a lot. We enjoy the atmosphere and the food is good. It makes for a fun afternoon going there for lunch and then hanging out around the Fort. I really enjoyed the ribs and cornbread and DH likes the fried chicken a lot. They have chef specials, too, which I've found to be tasty. You can take the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness. I've never walked between the two resorts, but I'm pretty sure there's a trail. I'd do that during the day though. Happy planning!

wendy*darling
01-28-2008, 08:58 AM
We enjoy Trail's End. We have had several breakfasts and dinners there and it has always been good.

To get there from the WL- you just take the boat to FW. It's a short walk down the path to Pioneer Hall (same building as Hoop Dee Doo).
The same boat also goes to MK- so when you are done you can head there. Or stop at TL on the way "home" form MK. It's easy either way.

Others have said- and I agree- this is NOT as good a value if you are using DDP credits. It is the least expensive buffet on property- and terrific if you are counting pennies. But if you are looking to get the most bang for your DDP buck- choose someplace else this trip.