PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite "hidden" things to do in the parks?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
01-26-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm looking for some fun "hidden" or "secret" things to do in the parks, like at Disney Studios near the Indiana Jones queue, you can pull the rope that says do not pull near the well, and hear a man hollering.

Or, at the back of Disney studios, the lightpole that looks like the Singing In the Rain pole, and you can try to replicate the pose from the movie and rain falls!

Or the talking trash can at Epcot.

Any other fun things like this to do? Especially at the Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom?

RoosMomKanga
01-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Go to Intercots "Info Central", "Park Hours..", "Hidden Treasures":secret: (sorry I don't know how to make a link...I'm sure someone can). I found this to be a great, very thorough list!:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Lots of people know about her of course but, DeVine is my favorite "secret" in AK.

PinKy
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
there are some talking bushes over by Camp Minnie-Mickey in AK called "Herb & Flora" You have to listen v. carefully for them.

jpH/keD
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
We have NEVER seen the talking trash can at Epcot...

BUT we did see one at AK at Conservation Station. The trash can was VERY cool! As far as tucked away things to do this is the place to be!! We loved all the animal exhibits and the folks talking to the kids about the animals. Take the train, its a nice ride and follow the trails to the CS. If the park is crowded early in the morning head straight for the train and you will miss most of the madness! This was by far our favorite find!! Enjoy your trip!!:thumbsup:

joanna71985
01-31-2008, 03:07 PM
There isn't a talking can at Epcot, but there is one at MK (PUSH). He's a riot!

Also, I enjoy the "spare key" at Muppets 3-D.

tink'72
01-31-2008, 03:49 PM
Ijust read in Birnbaum's book that there is a talking trash can by the Electric Umbrella in Epcot. I've never heard but that would be something cool.

I also saw deVine last time in AK and thought she was just awesome!

LaughingirlJmor
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Lots of people know about her of course but, DeVine is my favorite "secret" in AK.

Maybe I'm out of loop but who is DeVine? I heard you guys raving about her or him or it? Who is it?

gottalluvmickey
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
who looks like the trees/bushes in AK. She walks on stilts and blends right in. If there isn't a crowd around her, she would be very easy to miss. They announce her location and time on the board when you enter the AK. We saw her for the first time this year and I will try to always see her....AMAZING!!!:thumbsup:

JerseyMouse
01-31-2008, 09:03 PM
DeVine was almost too realistic for us!!!

This one's not in a park, but rather, DTD Marketplace. There is a Pirate Stitch atop the entrance that will squirt water from time to time. He's actually my desktop background!

phillydan
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Not sure if it is still there, but Epcot has a talking water fountain.

If you want a good video of Captain Jack Sparrow, got to the area in front of POC when they start setting up the Pirate show (not sure on the times). If you turn around and look towards the gate area next to the Pirate restaurant (where Hook and Smee are usually found), Capt Jack will pop out about 2 minutes into the show and start making his way through the crowd. Since everyone is looking the other way, he sort of sneaks through the guests, much to their surprise. He then joins the show.

Miss Mouse
02-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Also, I enjoy the "spare key" at Muppets 3-D.

Man... I really am a WDW newbie... :rolleyes:

What is the "spare key?" This sounds like something we should check out on our upcoming trip!

DIppy Dawg
02-01-2008, 08:33 AM
The spare key... right within the turnstiles of Muppets 3-D look to the right you will see the Muppets security office. There is a sign in the window that says "Be back in 5 minutes. Key under mat". Look under the floor mat by the office and there is a key glued to the carpet. Get it security office..key under mat.:cool:

Also in the waiting room for Muppets look for the cargo net full of different colored rectangular shaped boxes. This net is a representation of one of the very first Mickey Mouse Club members. The rectangular shaped boxes are made to look like Jell-o. It is "a net full of Jell-o".:D

DNS
02-01-2008, 11:20 AM
who looks like the trees/bushes in AK. She walks on stilts and blends right in. If there isn't a crowd around her, she would be very easy to miss. They announce her location and time on the board when you enter the AK. We saw her for the first time this year and I will try to always see her....AMAZING!!!:thumbsup:
I knew nothing about her until two trips ago and I happened to see her. No one else had noticed around us yet, but my hubby had the camcorder on something else when I saw her. You can hear me squealing like a pig on that tape. :blush: She is awesome!

Suz36
02-01-2008, 02:41 PM
We did not have time on our last trip to explore these, but I'd heard at MK, down one of the side streets off Main Street, you can hear a dance class at one of the windows, and listen in on a phone conversation? I'm sure someone here can clarify these. Also, there's something similar at AK, I think at Tusker House - sounds of a kitchen come down from the 2nd floor? I love this thread - I'm always looking out for stuff like this! I showed my family the key at Muppets last trip - they were impressed!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 03:09 PM
I can't believe I never knew about the key under the mat. I've seen the sign but never thought to anything about it. That is cool. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

MushuGrl
02-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Speaking of talking trash cans, has anyone met "Push"? We orginally met him at Disneyland in 2006 (my friend and myself are big KISS fans - he had on a KISS shirt and Push proceded to seranade him with KISS songs while we were waiting in line for Interventions).

We thought we saw him again at MK in WDW last year. He is QUITE the entertainer, that guy.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the person operating the trash cans? It is funny to watch them.

princessimagineer
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
key under the mat. deff. actually, just being in the waiting area of the muppits is fun to me, i love reading all the boxes and stuff.

did anyone else ever see the talking tree in AK.. the one on the weels that rolls around by the entrance. i was wearing a striped shirt and he told me he mistaken me for a zebra. hehe.

hidden mickeys are always a joy to find too :mickey:

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I am loving this post, keep em coming!

joanna71985
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Has anyone ever noticed the person operating the trash cans? It is funny to watch them.

Yep. Sure do.

Stu29573
02-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I see that the "Hidden Secrets" section still lists the Haunted Masnion "wedding ring." I thought that was gone now.... Am I wrong?

KAT1811
02-02-2008, 12:08 PM
We love taking our Hidden Mickey book along and seeing how many we can find without the help of the CMs. It is a great treat to spice things up for WDW vetrans. It amazes me how much I have missed over the years!

joonyer
02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
We always try to get to over to Tom Sawyer Island and try to find the hidden paintbrush. Find one and you'll win a special prize! A front of the line pass (not just a fast pass) to Splash Mountain or BTMRR, for your whole family.

pixiesmimi
02-02-2008, 02:09 PM
We looked for the lamp post for Singing in the Rain on our last trip to Hollywood Studios and couldn't find it. Exactly where is it located? I even wrote it down ahead of time and felt like an idiot looking for it while DH just stood there looking puzzled. :) We saw the mobile professors from the Muppets (can't remember their names) beside the fountain in Epcot. They were really neat. Also, got to see the mobile Dino in AK one year. It was really great too. We had an up close and personal with Captain Jack last trip outside of POC. We just happened to be standing there for a photo when he ran out and nearly ran over us going over to the show. We also like to do the smashed pennies, hidden Mickeys and there is also seeing Tink fly in Tinkerbelle's Treasures in MK first thing in the morning.

joanna71985
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I see that the "Hidden Secrets" section still lists the Haunted Masnion "wedding ring." I thought that was gone now.... Am I wrong?

I am pretty sure it is gone.

Coleby
02-06-2008, 11:05 PM
I remember PUSH, met him in MK a long time ago. It kind of freaked me out at the time lol. I also liked the talking trash can in EPCOT (inside the electric umbrella), not sure if it is still there or not. DeVine is just a little too realistic to me. The talking palm tree is cool. I love finding hidden mickeys, or shoes for mickey on rides and things like that. I can't wait to go again!

kakn7294
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
My girls really like Wes Palm, the talking palm tree too. We usually find him just outside the turnstiles at AK in the morning hours. He's quite a riot! We also like the Giant in Sir Mickey's (http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/10139/2350452320102032678S600x600Q85.jpg) - a lot of people never notice him holding up the roof and peeking into the store.

Darbylew
02-06-2008, 11:35 PM
The talking trash can is at MK in Tomorrowland
There is a talking water fountain at Epcot. The
talking palm tree at AK is neat. We also love
the vine lady in AK. The hidden Mickeys are
fun to look for. The rope to pull at MGM. :mickey:

Coleby
02-06-2008, 11:42 PM
I never knew about the giant in the store. I will have to look the next time I am there.

I am hoping they did not get rid of the trash can in EPCOT. They had a talking water fountain and a trash can. They like to take away the things I love the most lol.

BelleCiavo
02-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Waking up Tink in the morning at MK, pulling on the rope by Indy (you know, the one that says do not pull:D)

ilovemyjj31
02-25-2008, 01:57 AM

they took it out..supposedly the bride is now wearing it..so they say???

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
We had alot of fun with a moving/talking trash can at AK

But i also like the Tea area in Epcot

jenash10
02-25-2008, 10:00 PM
What about the Candy Sculptor in the Japan Pavilion (Miyuki?)? She makes amazing candy creations and let's you keep your requested creation (for FREE!!!). On one of my visits she made me a monkey holding a banana - truly a work of edible art.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Waking up Tink in the morning at MK, pulling on the rope by Indy (you know, the one that says do not pull:D)

There's a similar gag in the Indiana Jones Adventure Queue at Disneyland. It's quite fun.

FenwayGirl
02-26-2008, 02:47 PM
There is also a talking palm tree at the entrance of AK (before you get to the ticket booths. It kind of wheels around and talks to everyone...

Also saw DeVine for the first time in January. SHe is amazint:mickey:

tinkergal
02-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Just to the right of Frontierland Fries (before you get to Splash Mountain), you'll see that the fence has been broken. That's because the 'fry cart' used to be 'parked' on the side of the hill. But it became dislodged, sliding down the hill, breaking the fence. Look down at the pavement & you'll see the proprieter's boot prints along w/ his horse's hoove prints! Aren't the back story's the best?

LauraleeH
02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
But i also like the Tea area in Epcot
Where and what is the tea area?

MarkC
02-27-2008, 01:43 PM
The talking water fountain at Epcot is kind of between the Land and Journey into Imagination-- its stuck on the back side of the building that houses the Cool Zone, or whatever it's called now. Or to provide another description, if you are walking from Mission: Space toward the land, take a left after you get through the walkway about 100 yards before the Land-- the fountain is just on your left. Sorry if that's confusing.

We used to love to play the old-time baseball game on Main St. in the Emporium, but I think its gone now, which is too bad.