PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party?

PlanningMom
01-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I need some help. Definitely new to all of this! Haven't (I know it is a crime!!) been to Disney in a long time and my kids have never been.

We are going for a week in September, the 20-27, and I am thinking the Not-So-Scary Halloween party will be going on the first Sat night we are there.

What all can you do? DOES IT COST EXTRA? Is is worth it if it does?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!:mickey:

mickey&missy
01-26-2008, 03:39 PM
1st, :welcome: to Intercot!!!! You'll find tons of helpful information around here.

To answer your questions about MNSSHP (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party)

What all can you do? There is a lot of fun stuff to do during the party that you can't do on a regular night. There is Mickey's Boo to You Too Parade which is very cool. It starts with a ride by the headless horseman! There are special fireworks (I can't think of the name right now), trick or treating, dance parties, character meet and greets, a special show, etc

Here is a link to intercot info central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp) info on MNSSHP

DOES IT COST EXTRA? Yes. Tickets are around $49 or adults and $43 for kids. You get a special wristband to wear during the party to let Cast Member know your a ticketed guest. You can enter the park on your ticket at 4 pm, the party starts at 7 pm. Anyone who is in the park and isn't a ticketed MNSSHP guest has to leave. Believe me, the CM's check the bands!

Is it worth it if it does? YES!! Completely and totally!!! It's a blast!!

Hope that helps! Happy planning!

Donald
01-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Is is worth it? YES! We had a lot of fun dressing up in costumes (optional) and trick-or-treating through the park! The parade is something you only see during the party, and the park is decked out in halloween lights (castle is illuminated in different halloween colors, and images of witches (shadows) are dancing across buildings along main street). There is a limited amount of guests in the park therefore rides do not have long lines. The fireworks are, as always, amazing.

Go, Enjoy, have a bootiful time!!:bat::pumpkin::blackcat:

And by the way, :welcome: to Intercot!

SillyOldBear
01-26-2008, 04:33 PM
We went the first time this last September, and it is worth it and so much fun--if it doesn't start raining--and I mean really raining! They have to take the trick-or-treating buckets away and it is just so hard to get around and do the dances anymore. They did do the parade late and then the firworks--but my son had become so miserable that he fell asleep on the concrete ground during the parade that I insisted on seeing...which was good but it was late and he was just worn out. I think the price is too high for the party...just saying...

Anyways, I am glad I went--just you can never tell about the weather...and I've done more at Magic Kingdom on a regualr day in September.

Welcome to Intercot!

trennedy
01-26-2008, 04:56 PM
We are going back to MNSSHP this October for the 2nd time. We think it is such a great time. My DS and DD loved trick or treating there as we went on Halloween. Being from the midwest, it is very nice to actually be able to show your Halloween costume and not have it hidden under a winter coat.:thumbsup:
You will enjoy it!! We are very excited to go again this Halloween.
Tracey:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, absolutely worth it!! :thumbsup:

We did MNSSHP twice last September and we loved every minute of it.

The parade and the fireworks are amazing. Our kids liked the dance party and especially the trick or treating.

We had the "Boo To You" song from the parade in our heads for weeks. We even bought the CD when we got home and still listen to it.

We are a family of 5 so, we know it can be pricey. But, we would not hesitate to attend again.

We asked the kids if they wanted to go to WDW for Christmas this year since they have never been at that time and they wanted to go during MNSSHP time again. ;)

We talked them into giving Xmas time a try so we are missing Halloween time. But, you can count on us being there next year!!

NJ Camper
01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
WE are hoping to go to it this year also we went to the very merry xmas one before but never to the halloween one if its as great as the xmas one is you should diffently go you will love it :mickey: have a magical time

faline
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
We went to two parties on our last trip! We certainly think it is worth attending!

PlanningMom
01-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks to everyone! This helps me sooo much!

And thanks for all the great welcomes! All of this is a little overwhelming at first. It helps to know I can get help when I need it!!

Carol
01-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Historically the Halloween Parties do not take place on Saturdays. I would pencil in Friday or Sunday. :)