PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on best Counter Service places to eat.....

amball
01-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi! We are going to WDW in June and are on the DDP. We will be in all four parks at some time or another and wondered what were the best quick service places to eat at. We already have our ADR'S for dinner but wanted insight into lunch quick service places. Also, opinions on the best snacks in the parks on the DDP..:mickey:

wendy*darling
01-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Earlier this month, many Intercotee's voted for their favorite CS places. Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122536)is a link to the results post. You can also scroll through the whole thread to see everyone's opinions.

One thing to keep in mind- you never have to eat burgers and fries if you do not want to. I have actually never had a burger in WDW- in over 15 trips!
Check out the menus here in InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp). There are healthy choices just about everywhere.
In the World Showcase in Epcot, all of the countries have their own CS spots- so you can get some unique items there.
And brand new in 2007 at the AK is Yak & Yeti. This is a combo TS and CS restaurant. The CS section has some interesting Asian inspired choices.

What items are included as snacks has varied throughout the life of the DDP. Right now it is most items under $4. At each cart or CS stand you will see a small purple & white DDP logo on the menu board after each item that is included on the Plan. Whenever in doubt- just ask the CM.

Aggie97
01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Our favorite CS dining options are:

MK - Casey's Corner (hot dogs), Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (burgers w/ fixings bar), Pecos Bill Cafe (BBQ pork sandwich or chicken salad), Sleepy Hollow (chocolate chip cookies), Main Street Bakery (just about anything), Aloha Isle (Dole Whips - pineapple and vanilla swirl)

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons food court at the The Land (great variety, some healthier options), Cantina de San Angel in Mexico, Tangierine Cafe in Morocco, Boulangerie Patisserie in France (pastries)

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

MGM - do not have a recommendation

DTD - Earl of Sandwich

We like getting Mickey Premium ice cream bars or popcorn from any of the snack carts in the parks.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

jsw123
01-26-2008, 09:33 PM
MK-- Peco's Bills (chicken wrap)

EPCOT-- Sunshine Seasons (anything, deli is good...and this cafeteria/ restaurant feels healthier, which is nice after many indulgences!)

AK--Flame Tree BBQ -- sit by the water

MGM -- ABC Commisary has interesting choices, if mediocre in execution

Snacks--- Dole Whip at MK is a MUST!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Natazu
01-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Earlier this month, many Intercotee's voted for their favorite CS places. Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122536)is a link to the results post. You can also scroll through the whole thread to see everyone's opinions.

my work here is done ;)

Funforall
01-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Just to throw in 2 cents- Pecos Bills on the street while waiting for a parade.

BouncingTigger
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
I think Epcot has the best food. Tangeriene Cafe is delicious (Even if you do eat meat, their vegetarian platter is amazing!) and Sunshine Seasons food court is my fave food court in WDW. The French bakery is beyond delicious (I know you asked about quick service meals, but I think a coffee and pastry here could make a meal!). And of course, don't miss Dole Whips at MK.

Crow
01-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Pecos BIlls at MK
Lotus BLossom, Kringla bakery, Fish & CHips at Epcot
Flame Tree at AK wasnt too bad
Cookes of Dublin at DD

laughingplace<3
01-27-2008, 08:57 PM
My favorite, hands down, is Sunshine Seasons in the Living with the Land pavillion in Epcot. :number1:

Other favorites are Pinnochio's Village Haus in MK and CS Japan pavillion :) Great priced udon, and coming from someone who is part Japanese and knows what real Japanese udon tastes like... that's the real deal.

#1donaldfan
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
MK.....Harbor House
AK.....Pizzafari
EC......Yorkshire Fish Shoppe
MGM.....Toluca Leg Turkey Co.