PDA

View Full Version : New to princess dining

lovemykaitlyn
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
OK, I need help with some questions. We are going around Chritmas :santa3: this year and I am wondering abou the princess dining. My daughter will be 4 and loves the princesses. This would be our first princess dining experieince. (Crystal palace last time) Is it worth the $$$$ or would you just find them in the park? Do you have a preference, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall or Cinderellas Royal Dining table? I know to make the res 6 months out, are they difficult to get?
One more question, we would have 4 girls (1-8) and one boy (9) Any other suggestions for everyone? We may send the boy off with dad and grandpa.
Thanks! :princess::princess::princess::princess:

wendy*darling
01-26-2008, 11:25 AM
You have several options.
First of all, I do think the character dining is worth the money. You have to eat anyway, and what better way to spend the time waiting for your food than having the princesses come visit you?
I think it's much better than waiting on line in the parks.

As I understand- Cinderella's Royal Table is still difficult to get for breakfast- although not as bad as it used to be. There is hope. Now whether it is worth the premium it costs to dine in the Castle is something you will have to decide for yourself. But you will get Cindy and many of her princess friends.

Norway's Storybook Breakfast is easier to get an ADR for- I believe. I enjoyed the setting here. And you get a nice variety of princesses roaming the room. If Cinderella is not a priority- than this meal would work well.

Both of the above character meals are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday.

One more option that may allow DS and Grandpa to dine with you. Consider the Grand Floridian dinner- Cinderella's Gala Feast. If the girls prefer Cinderella and don't mind that there are no other princesses there. Instead you get the Stepmother and Stepsisters (who I hear are worth the price of dinner!) , and Prince Charming as well. It's a little less "girly" overall, still lots of fun for the Cindy worshippers, and has excellent food!

Have fun deciding. :princess:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-26-2008, 11:35 AM
We have two girls 8 and 3 and they also love the princesses. We have done the castle two times and both were amazing. The food was not great by any means but the fact you are in the castle is worth it at least one time. That being said your chances to get in at Christmas time lie somewhere between slim and zero but it is worth a try. Norway at Epcot at dinner was fantastic and we have done it three times. The characters are the same as the Castle and sometimes you get a bonus princess such as Mulan or Jasmine. The food is way better for adults, the kids menu is typicall fare and the price is less than the castle. So my choice is Norway the rest of the family likes the castle, but only because of the atmosphere. Your son will enjoy it ok but may enjoy coral reef or Tappan at Japan better? Have a magical time. Also, if you are on the DDP the castle requires 2 TS where Norway is 1 TS.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
1900 Park Fare at the GF has a princess dinner. Cindy / Prince Charm / fairy godmother/ and the mice.....plus the food is very good. Visiting the GF is a great experience, that resort is very beautiful, plus when your done with dinner, jump on the boat and float over to the MK for the remainder of the night......the actual name of the dinner is evading me right now....:confused:

wendy*darling
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
1900 Park Fare at the GF has a princess dinner. Cindy / Prince Charm / fairy godmother/ and the mice.....plus the food is very good. ......the actual name of the dinner is evading me right now....:confused:

That's Cinderella's Gala Feast, as described above.

Sometime in the past year or so that characters did change. No more Fairy Godmother or mice.
The Step mother and Step sisters have been added instead.

Pirate Granny
01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
First remember that Disney is now charging an extra premium cost for dining during the holidays. Eating in the castle is special, but pricey.With that said, it's not 6 months out yet from the holidays...if you call on the first day of your arrival and are staying in the park you should be able to get whatever reservations you need. Previously, I got New Years Eve at Cindy's castle for 8pm for six people (adults no children) with no problems...just need to call at 7am on the appropriate day. You can call disney and get the exact date that you are eligible to make ADR. If you booked with MJ, some of their agents will help you make reservations (although I believe they no longer include this in their services, but my agent is super and will help out with a special request like this)...

Good luck...wherever you plan to eat...you will enjoy the experience.
:pirate:

Pirate Granny
01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Just to clarify...the first day (six months out) from your arrival...not on your arrival date.
:pirate:

jsw123
01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
We went to Akershus in July and it was very fun. However, My DD and my neice wanted to meet the Princesses again in Toon Town, so we waited (45 mins then) to see them. IMO, the interaction in Toon Town was better. The video is not so loud, and the Princesses have pretty backgrounds instead of tables with other diners. The character meals are great, no doubt! But, if it's just about the Princesses, make Toon Town a priority first thing, and you'll have a great experience! Either way, Holidays at Disney are so fun!!! It'll be great!:mickey: