PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Decorations

kristnjohn
01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
We are planning a large family vacation but would like to go when the Christmas decorations are out. Right now we are tenatively scheduled to be in Disney World December 2nd through the 9th. I have been reading a few posts and people have been saying this this is getting to be a busier time. For our family this will be the 3rd time down there and have gone in January and February prior years. During those times, the parks have not been crowded. For some of the people coming this may be there one and only time visiting Disney World with kids (2 & 4) and I would like them to enjoy the vacation without having to deal with crowds. Does anyone know if the decorations will still be up the week of January 6th, when I think it will be less crowded than the beginning of December?

disneymom15
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM
My understanding is, Jan 6th is usually the last day for lighting the x-mas decorations. My husband and I went Dec 11-15 and didn't think the crowds were bad at all. The decorations are awsome and I'd hate for you to miss them.

Strmchsr
01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Of course, everyone wants low crowds. Unfortunately, they really don't exist any more, especially during the Christmas season. Even early January is now said to be much more crowded than previous years due to the marathon and people staying over from New Years. The week of Dec 2 is Pop Warner week which most everyone wants to avoid like the plague, especially if you're considering staying at a value resort. If you're not at a value resort you probably won't be impacted much. Christmas decorations start going up in early November. If you could go somewhere around Nov 9-10 the crowds are a little lower than after Thanksgiving, but you don't get the full impact.