PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Dollars

ljv1975
01-25-2008, 07:04 PM
I know I have seen the answer to this somewhere, but now I can't find it, so I would appreciate any help! :blush:

Can I get my Disney visa rewards dollars card at my resort or the MK after I arrive? I have more than the 20 Disney dollars required. What is the protocol for doing it this way? Thanks a bunch!!

irish1967
01-25-2008, 07:17 PM
They send you an actual card that works like a gift card. I don't remember what the lead time is, but you definitely don't want to wait until you get to the resort. They can express mail it, but I believe it costs a substantial amount of money.

What I usually do is request the card a couple of months before my vacation. Once you have the card in hand, they can transfer any additional reward dollars immediately. Depending on when your billing cycle ends, you can add any reward dollars you have earned by calling the number and having the reward card on hand.

ljv1975
01-25-2008, 07:21 PM
That must have been what I remember seeing somewhere - the part about them adding dollars once you have the card. We leave in about 5 weeks. Do you think that is enough time to get the card? :confused:

dmallan
01-25-2008, 07:44 PM
It usually only takes a week or 10 days to arrive.

brianlw71
01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
You can take care of it in the magic kingdom or downtown disney. It only takes about 10-15 minutes. They will give you a gift card with your $20 on it. Received a $300 gift card no problem.

mickeefan
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Once you have the card you can transfer your dollars via the internet.
That's what we do. Just be careful of your timing. Your card expires at the end of one year. Be certain you are not transferring to a card that will expire before your next trip.

Beast_fanatic
01-25-2008, 08:48 PM
You can get the reward card at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. If I remember correctly, you do need to present the credit card as they record a bit of information off of it. They then give you the reward card, and a number to call to have the reward dollars transferred.

ljv1975
01-25-2008, 09:04 PM
You can get the reward card at Guest Relations at Downtown Disney. If I remember correctly, you do need to present the credit card as they record a bit of information off of it. They then give you the reward card, and a number to call to have the reward dollars transferred.

Oh good!! This is what I was hoping for. I figured this way I can avoid the risk of it not arriving on time or forgetting it at home on accident. I think I will just wait to get the card until we arrive. Thanks so much for confirming this! I am very relieved!:yay:

tinkerbell98
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
I am not familiar with this, what are Disney reward dollars:blush:

ljv1975
01-26-2008, 01:01 AM
I am not familiar with this, what are Disney reward dollars:blush:

If you have the Disney rewards visa card you earn disney rewards dollars for your purchases. I am pretty sure that it is 1 Disney reward dollar for every $100 you charge on the card. You can use the Disney dollars like cash.