PDA

View Full Version : Questions - never cruised before

Blfarm
01-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm looking at a 4 day cruise this summer, but have some questions that I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

How early do you need to fly in to make the transfer to the cruise?
Could I fly in the night before, stay at the airport and get an early transfer the next day?
If I want to stay a few days before or after, can it be done without booking a land/sea vacation (I just need room reservations, I have tickets)?

Any other advice for a first timer is appreciated!

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I'll try to answer your questions:

How early do you need to fly in to make the transfer to the cruise?
Good — You should be on a flight that arrives no later than 11:30/12:00, probably earlier.

Could I fly in the night before, stay at the airport and get an early transfer the next day?
Better — A lot of people stay at the MCO Hyatt, and leave on the DCL transfer bus directly from that location.

If I want to stay a few days before or after, can it be done without booking a land/sea vacation (I just need room reservations, I have tickets)?
Best — That's what we usually do. That way we get the best of both worlds... and we're able to take the DCL transfer buses to and from Port. You do not need to book a land/sea vacation through DCL. You will, however, have to check if the transfer bus leaves from your hotel or if you'll have to leave from another hotel.[/QUOTE]

Other advice: get ready for a wonderful vacation! I honestly think that our cruise was the best vacation we've ever taken... the only downside was that it was a 3 night cruise and it was much too short.

DisneyDudet
01-28-2008, 08:14 PM
This will be my third cruise this summer, and our second staying at the Hyatt MCO the day before. We haven't done a land/sea package or book ourselves type deal, but a lot of people do, like Ellen. I just don't want to be rushed in the parks, as we usually have to travel during the time everyone else in the world does! Depending on what cruise we want to go on, that will decide whether we go to the world or not.

Anywho, we loved the MCO Hyatt. Its a BEAUTIFUL hotel, and staying there got us to the port super early, which helped us get Palo ressies.

Either way, coming in, at least, a day before is the way to go. You don't want a flight delay to make you miss your cruise!

wendy*darling
01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Anywho, we loved the MCO Hyatt. Its a BEAUTIFUL hotel, and staying there got us to the port super early, which helped us get Palo ressies.
Did you use the DCL bus to get to the port? How early does it leave in the morning from the Hyatt?
I think this is what we will be doing on our first cruise.
We already have the Hyatt ressie- just trying to decide between the DCL transfer vs renting a car vs getting a towncar.
I know we want to get there as they open the port- I have 2 photographers in my family who will spend the whole time taking photos! Plus I expect I may need to get to that Palo ressie desk once we board. ;)

DisneyDudet
01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
We managed to get to the port before 10, and we were on the second or third bus that left. We were able to be in the 6th boarding group, and got the Palo ressie we wanted!

We went down at the time they told us to, and the first bus was already filled. I would imagine that you could go down there early, so that you can be first.

The first bus leaves around 830 I believe.