PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Day Meal @ WDW

GoofysGirl
01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
We are in the planning stages of our big family Thanksgiving WDW trip!!!:cloud9: We will have between 18-25 people, including about 8 kids. Some will be staying on property & some off. We want to all eat Thanksgiving day together. Where would be a good place for such a large group? We want traditional turkey day food that adults AND kids will eat. Any ideas will be appreciated! I doesn't matter if it is character or not, by the way!:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
01-25-2008, 02:52 PM
We went on T-Day in '07 and it was great!! I believe that all places (TS)serve turkey and trimmings on T-Day. Have you thought of maybe trying one of the dinner shows? I bet those would have no problem with seating. We went to Spirit of Aloha and it was a great memory for us to have for 2007 T-Day! We were so pleased with everything that we are planning our '09 T-Day trip and can't wait to put a deposit down this summer! Good luck and enjoy the magic.

splashtest
01-25-2008, 03:47 PM
From what I hear, Liberty Tree in MK would be your best bet for a tradtional turkey meal. :thumbsup:

jwildflower1981
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
My vote would be for Liberty Tree Tavern. The foos is GREAT!!! We love it. We eat there every time we're in The World. It's even better for a holiday meal. Happy eating:mickey:

Clay Ransone
01-25-2008, 04:39 PM
I would say Liberty Tree Tavern would be a good bet for Thanksgiving dinner. They have the Thanksgiving dinner foods to start with and you get the added benefit of the characters. I have been there twice and the food was great each time. I will probably be going back in December as well.

GoofysGirl
01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Thank you all for the info - it looks like it will probably be Liberty Tree!!!

wdw_bound
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I have a back-up recommendation. We went for T-day in 05, and I called on the afternoon of the first possible day to make ADRs (I think it was 90 days back then), and LTT was completely booked. At the CM's suggestion, I booked Thanksgiving at the Fort, which is Mickey's Backyard BBQ with a Thanksgiving menu. The food was really good, and the entertainment was wonderful! I remember Turkey, Ham, potatoes (mashed and sweet), assorted veggies, breads, pies and other sweets, plus lemonade and wine (I'm pretty sure that they had softdrinks as well), all included. The meal is under a large pavillion, seating is first come, first served, so I recommend getting there early, but the band is playing (country-western, but even I enjoyed it, and usually that is NOT my type of music). Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and the Chipmunks were there in Thanksgiving/country garb, so that was a neat perk. Interaction was great. They also offered a photo package, and there was plenty to explore before and after the meal, which lasted about two hours. We'd do it again in a heartbeat. If you are on the DDP, it is 2 credits. Not sure how much it is OOP.

Another perk is that MK is wall to wall people on T-day, so we chose to stay out of the parks that day and explore resorts. That is how we fell in love with WL :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
01-29-2008, 01:08 PM
1) That large of a group (18-25) can be tough to seat together.
2) Especially on a holiday.
3) There are only a few places that can keep that group together.
4) Good choices, but not enough room to seat you together
. . . LTT (MK)
5) Good choices, with enough space to seat you together
. . . Ohana (Poly)
. . . Jiko (AKL)
. . . Backyard BBQ (outside at FW)
. . . Trails End Buffet (FW)
. . . Artist Point (WL)

GoofysGirl
01-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info - I love your posts RustyScupper - always to the point & all the info you need!!!!! :thumbsup: