PDA

View Full Version : Magic of Disney Animation- on Weekend?

RoosMomKanga
01-25-2008, 01:49 PM
OK, I haven't been to this in years and I see this has been "refurbished" but I can't tell if this question applies....:help:

The two times I've been to this, I've ended up there on a Sunday both times. I realized my mistake after starting, that this was a tour to look at real animators at work :doh: ...they don't work on Sundays (they did have one animator on the weekends discussing their role, but not the full tour)! I'm really interested in seeing more of this as an ex-art teacher. Are weekends still bad-is this still a "working studio" tour?

PS-Actually, the last time we went it worked out great. It was being hosted by one "animator of the day" (a woman who was one of the lead animators for Stitch) and when we were done, my youngest DS asked for her autograph (he was in the autograph mode) on the T-shirt he was carrying around for signatures. Well, not only was she flattered and signed it, but she also drew him a beautiful Mickey Mouse!:mickey:

Taja
01-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Sadly, the animation studio no longer is active. They have a "learn to sketch" session every hour or so following the presentation.

RoosMomKanga
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Bummer:sob: I thought I was a planner, and I missed it!

Is the new Presentation/Sketch worth my time as an adult or is it geared for kids?:artist:

EeyoresBestFriend
01-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't know about other people, but the first time I went to animation studio after they were gone - I was crushed! The previous time, it was busy and full of activity and. . MAGIC! This is where it all happens, that breathtaking Disney animation - it was amazing to see.:pixie:
The next time we did the tour, it was like seeing Disney without a soul - I left it in tears and I still can't go through it - it's heartbreaking!:sob:
I will never forgive Eisner for that!:mad:

#1donaldfan
01-25-2008, 04:03 PM
We may still try it......we just can't do it all.....sorry I missed the original...

Tigger&Stitch
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Bummer:sob: I thought I was a planner, and I missed it!

Is the new Presentation/Sketch worth my time as an adult or is it geared for kids?:artist:

Totally worth it!! It is our favorite thing to do in MGM..errr...Disney Studios! We go at the end of the day (when most people are at Fantasmic) so we have the place practically to ourselves.

Last trip, the animator gave us a choice of characters since it was just us (and the last session of the day). One of our most magical memories! :cloud9: