Day 4 - At Sea..........

Cast:
Me - Abee (AKA Chris
DH - Jeff
DS - Jack 7
DS - Jones 6
My Mom - Lee
MIL & FIL

Well, this is our last full day, & I really enjoyed just being at sea, it was really relaxing. Breakfast was a little on the difficult side, the boys were so tired and ate nothing, they were curled up in little balls in their chairs. My MIL was a little upset but she knew we were up late & she got over it, I was a little peeved though after breakfast she went to take a nap! (So this lends ot "Why did we have to have breakfast this early" - OH well chock it up to IN-LAWS) This was the first meal without our servers and I have to tell you the two gentlemen that took care of us at breakfast was really amazing, I don't know how Disney does it but they sure have a magical crew. By the way we ate at Triton's that morning. They had breakfast desserts with yogurts & things, that was really fun, and again they were just so darn nice.

We left there and sort of went our seperate ways. The boys of course wanted to go to the club and for being up and around by this point we decided to take them. MIL WENT TO TAKE A NAP.
I wanted to go into Diversions and get a port hole seat and just relax and talk about our trip. So off we went. They were having a DVC presentation and I really didn't want to go but the window seats were available and again they were so darn nice, so we went. We thought we could always leave if it got to be over the top. There was a prize drawing being announced but you had to be present to win, and my DH said well now we have to stay so your mom can win the prize at the end, and believe it or not my mom won. I about fell to the floor, she got a $300 credit towards her room bill. She had done some shopping earlier and had her favorite wine during our cruise her final bill came out to be $ 7.00. That was really fun, she also thinks we should buy into the DVC. We'll see. We did learn a ton and boy you can go all over the world with these folks. They gave us this really cool hardcover book too that I now display on my coffee table and it's titled "Dream" in Cinderella blue.

Then they announced to the ship that they were going to have an auction for the pictures in the gallery, my mom really wanted to bid on this one picture, the artist's name was Pete something and I guess he's really popular, because when the bidding started it was an opening bid of $8500.00. My mom made me put her bidding card under my butt on the chair, it was really fun though and they gave us all cosmopolitans for attending and they were really good. I was amazed at how much some of the art was one went for 12,000 another for 17,000 all I can say is wow. At the end of the auction they did another drawing and my mom won again, she gave the art to us since she'd already won something. The Certificate of Authenticity says it's a 29 x 24 called "Street of old Prague" by Anatole Krasnyansky & it's signed. It's really pretty I can't wait to get it framed. We just recieved it yesterday, they were nice enough to ship it to us for "just $45". However the gentleman that ran the auction, well,let's just say "the ship was hardly big enough to carry his head on our journey".

We then met up with my in-laws after her nap and we all went to lunch with the kids, again, getting them out of the club with a crowbar. We learned while getting the kids that they were going to be graduating from the club, later in the day at the Grand Theater. So after lunch we spent time with the counselers getting the kids all ready to graduate. They all got T-shirts and graduation hats with Mickey Ears on them. We then headed for the Grand Theater to watch the kids get on the stage. I was amazed at how many kids were on the ship because when you walk around there just aren't that many kids around.

Graduation was really fun they showed pictures on a big screen of all the kids having a great time in the club and they got a couple of amazing pictures of our two boys. "It makes a mother cry". Mickey and Minnie were both there for Graduation it was amazing - in awe yet again.

Tonight was our Dinner in Animator's Palate, the place is Black & White when you arrive and in full color when you leave. It was really fun but sad because this was our last meal with our servers and as always they were great. At the end of the meal we gave our tip envelopes said our goodbye's wished Colleen a wonderful life - She had worked on the ship for 6 months and saved every penny know that her job was done she was ready to start what she called her adult life, she's fresh out of college, she said it was a great way to earn and save money. I have to tell you these folks work some pretty amazing hours and 7 days a week no less but they do leave much richer than when they came since there aren't any expenses for them on the boat.

We took the kids back to the club for one last night and went into one of the lounges where the Assistant Crusie Director was doing trivia, it was really fun, we did some "Name that Tune" as well. It was a great night, I'm ready to go home but, I can't wait to get back to the ship.

Of course we ended the night as always - Cookies & Milk - Coffee, Veranda & all the stars from here to eternity.

Next Final Thoughts ..........

KylesMom
01-25-2008, 12:42 PM
:crying::sad: I can't believe it's your last day, albeit a special one (minus the breakfast incident, of course).

Graduation was really fun they showed pictures on a big screen of all the kids having a great time in the club and they got a couple of amazing pictures of our two boys. "It makes a mother cry". Mickey and Minnie were both there for Graduation it was amazing - in awe yet again.
I can't tell you how neat it's been to tag along with you, first on your Disney World vacation, and then following you on the cruise. Thanks for sharing with us all!

mdearmas
01-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Your trip reports have been amazing. Thank you so much for sharing them. I can't wait till august for our cruise!!

:goofy:

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 01:58 PM
How magical, sound like your mom is lucky, can I borrow her for the lotto drawings?:D

TBY2225
01-25-2008, 03:06 PM
I really enjoyed your cruise reports! Now I want to do one too!

pogo
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes... final days are tuff to handle. But you've had a wonderful vacation and you've enjoyed every day. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

DisneyDudet
01-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Just thinking of seeing that banner in the lobby when you leave is making me tear up right now! DCL vacations have to be the best vacations in the world. There's no way to explain it. I get sad when I leave WDW, but not like when I leave the cruise.

You are totally right about the service. You can't get any better. Its like packing up all of the best WDW CMs and putting them on a ship to take care of everyone. They all really make you feel like you're the only guest on the ship.

If I read correctly around, isn't Colleen getting married as well? Possibly to someone on the ship? Maybe I made that up...

Anywho... I'm glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing it with us!

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks so much for this report... I'm really looking forward to that day at sea and you've given me a taste of what it's like. One advantage I can see off the bat is the chance that DS might actually participate in "graduation." On the 3 night cruise, you somehow have to juggle getting back from CC, getting ready for semi-formal night and the graduation. Sounds like it will be a more relaxing day out at sea!

Thanks again!

SgtTigger
02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time.......

I have loved the trip reports.......

I have learned so much and now I cant wait......

I cant believe it is the last day. I can just see that 4 days will not be enough for my wife.... Yes I can see that she will be wanting to go again real soon...... :D

:cop: :tigger: