PDA

View Full Version : California Grill and Wishes

MMouse6937
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Can you go to the lounge at CG to enjoy some appetizers, drinks and wishes? Do you need an ADR? DH and I are staying at the CR this year and would love to unwind there and watch the fireworks. Just wondering if it's a good idea. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Donald Duck Fan
01-25-2008, 01:26 PM
It is my understanding that disney has changed things in regards to the California Grill.

In the past all you had to say was that I am going up to the bar for some drinks and some one would let you up. What would happen was that you would have this huge crowd of people up in the bar area waiting for the fireworks and than would leave the restaurant afterwards. Not to enjoyable for the people who are trying to eat dinner.

To make a long story short, from what I have is that the only way to get into the Cali Grill now is by reservation only. You might want to look into this a bit more but it is something that I have read in several disney books and have heard from others.

splashtest
01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I don't beleive you can do that anymore on nights where wishes is scheduled. Any other "non-busy" night you could possible get away with it, but def not on a Wishes night. They changed the rule because it was becoming too crowded and congested and interferred in those who were having dinner. Hope This helps. Even if you don't want a full meal, you can make a ressie and just enjoy drinks and apps at your table. Just a suggestion!! I'll be there for dinner April 3rd to Watch wishes!!!:D

CaptSmee
01-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Make a late dinner reservation for a fantastic meal and a different view of the fireworks! We've done it and enjoyed it very much!

AdventurelandTikiGirl
01-26-2008, 12:19 PM
They used to let you eat dinner early and then go back later for wishes. Do they not allow this any more???

Natazu
01-26-2008, 10:06 PM
They used to let you eat dinner early and then go back later for wishes. Do they not allow this any more???
Yes, you can.

Depending on the time and occupancy, you can sometimes go to the bar without and ADR for drinks and appetizers. It's kind of a roll of the dice. I recommend making an ADR.