PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Dine plan

NYC WDW Fan
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm planning a June trip and am intrigued by the Wine and Dine plan. It looks like it's only 2$2.00 more per day, per person, for a bottle of wine per room.

Since I'm traveling with 6 in what they count as 2 rooms, that's 8 bottles for a 4 night stay for $48.00, $6.00 per bottle.

Is the wine decent? My wife and I, as well as sister and brother-in-law are wine fans and figure dinners for 6 at Le Cellier and Cali Grill will knock off at least 3 bottles each.

Does anyone have experience with this plan?

Thanks!

dlpmikki
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm going to pop this down to dining where I suspect you will get more responses as it links in with the dining plan.

NYC WDW Fan
01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Thanks Mikki!

I wasn't positive where to post since this is a DVC member plan only.

dlpmikki
01-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Having just looked at some of the other posts don't think it is $2 per person, I think it is $39.99 a room a night. I suspect also that it is not just a DVC plan!

wendy*darling
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
That's true- it is not DVC only- anyone who has one of the MYW Dining Plans can choose the Wine & Dine Plan.

And yes, it is $39.99 per night per room. And just like the Dining Plan- must be purchased for the length of your stay.

You are given Wine Credits on your Key to the World card- just like the Dining credits on your Dining Plan.
It amounts to one credit per night of your stay. At Signature Restaurants, bottles of wine cost 2 credits. So you may or may not have one bottle every night.
If you are going with people in another room- they can choose to do this plan or not- every room does not have to participate.

I do not have experience with this yet- but we are contemplating using it in October when DH & I go with another couple. My hesitation is that you all have to agree on the same wine. So I am not convinced yet.