PDA

View Full Version : Oh, geez, I can't believe this Fur Real Parrot Squwackers

murphy1
01-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Or however you spell his name. My dd got a gift card to Target for Christmas so she bought this parrot. There is a remote that has a "pass gas" command.....and it farts, I can't believe it!! I mean really, don't these kids have enough gross humor without a toy encouraging it!

thrillme
01-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Right or wrong kids have been amused by bodily noises since the "leave it to beaver" days.

They had the practical joker "whoopie cushions" for decades my grandfather even had one... Kids proudly work to accomplish a talent of burping the alphabet and making gassy noises with a hand under their armpit.

I have no doubt this is absolutely hilarious to that age group.

MsMin
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Fortunately w/ girls most leave the bathroom humor behind when they hit HS or get serious w/ boys. Boys on the other hand :rolleyes: many continue to find it entertaining til their last breath. Goodluck w/ your parrot at least it's not a real bird....

mickey&missy
01-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh my goosh, isn't it terrible?!

All DS wanted for christmas was a robot. So Santa brought him Spidersapien. Its a Robosapien robot painted like spiderman. It is really neat and does a lot of cool things. But, it too burps and farts. DS (5 years old) finds it hysterical. Not only does this thing pass gas but it says something I don't think is very "child appropriate" The thing raises it arm, and spins it a bit and say "hey babe, fancy a spin around town?" It also does a cat-call whistle!It didn't say that on the box when Santa bought it!!

Luckily DS likes it a lot better when it says "my spidy sense is tingling" or "I'm going to get you sandman!" But really, the toliet humor is a bit much!

murphy1
01-25-2008, 03:11 PM
y'all are cracking me up! i might have to get that spidey for my nephews.

DisneyDog
01-25-2008, 04:11 PM
The other week, at DS5's kung fu class, the little brother (3 years old) of one of his classmates was sitting behind me saying "fart" over and over and over again. He thought it was hysterical and his poor mommy was mortified! I have to admit, I thought it was funny, only because it wasn't my kid doing it.:blush:

kakn7294
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh my goosh, isn't it terrible?!

All DS wanted for christmas was a robot. So Santa brought him Spidersapien. Its a Robosapien robot painted like spiderman. It is really neat and does a lot of cool things. But, it too burps and farts. DS (5 years old) finds it hysterical. Not only does this thing pass gas but it says something I don't think is very "child appropriate" The thing raises it arm, and spins it a bit and say "hey babe, fancy a spin around town?" It also does a cat-call whistle!It didn't say that on the box when Santa bought it!!

Luckily DS likes it a lot better when it says "my spidy sense is tingling" or "I'm going to get you sandman!" But really, the toliet humor is a bit much!

y'all are cracking me up! i might have to get that spidey for my nephews.Are you kidding, I might have to get one for DH! I bet he'd love it.

I'm glad Megan didn't get the parrot - she wanted it but we have Butterscotch the pony and they don't really play with her so I refused to get the parrot. Meg's so obsessed with "gas" that she drives me crazy now - she's worse than any boy!!! And in public too. Thankfully, Steph's a bit more of a lady - at least in public.

thrillme
01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
y'all are cracking me up! i might have to get that spidey for my nephews.

You got me thinking now. My DS and his gaming buddies would DIE over that. It would take them an hour to settle down from laughing so hard.

Dsnygirl
01-25-2008, 06:12 PM
:) My girls got him from "santa" this Christmas - it was the #1 thing on my DD9's list!! They adore him -- esp. the "passing gas" command!! Cracks them right up. :blush: (My other DD is 6...) The rest of the stuff he does, though, is pretty cool.... they love the "mimicking" mode where he copies everything you say, or when you can teach him to respond to certain phrases... I have to admit, he makes us laugh... :D