PDA

View Full Version : Where would you not dine again

kathiep
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
So many posts about which are our favorite places to eat.

This got me thinking:

Is there anywhere you plan not to dine again? If so, why.

Mine is San Angel In. I love the atmosphere and Mexican food so I had high hopes.

Service was really pretty bad adn I honestly think the food I can get at my local restaurant is much better.

TBY2225
01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
I would have to say Coral Reef. The food was pretty good, but the service was slow and awful. I guess that has just stuck with me and I have had no desire to go back!

adoptionislove
01-25-2008, 09:55 AM
RAINFOREST CAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The serice was bad, the wait was awful (2 hours), bad bad bad! food is better at McDonalds (and that is saying somethin)!!!:ack:

Am I bitter??!!LOL

laprana
01-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Mama Melrose - bad service, worse food

Cantina de San Angel (CS place in Mexico pavillion) - had the Plato Combanacion and they may as well have given me a bowl of grease. :sick:

SurferStitch
01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Chefs de France.....Soup and flatbread were great, but the main courses and desserts were just plain bad. Service was pretty good. Overall it was a big disappointment (and an expensive one at that).

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't hit me, but.....
Sci-fi was really great to look at but not even up to the standards of an Applebees, foodwise. :mickey:

c&d
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Garden Grill, I got :sick: after eating there once. I know it was just one of those things but I can't bring myself to eat there again.

DDuck66
01-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Ours is Mama Melroses at DHS. The one time we ate there the food was cold, the service slow, and it took forever to get our Fantasmic package. One really bad time is all it takes. There are so many other wonderful restaurants why should I take a chance on one that was horrible on our last time there.

RoosMomKanga
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Marrakesh- We're very adventurous eaters, but there were 6 of us and none of us would go back (didn't like the sweet/meat & spices combination).

Chefs de France- We love the food in France (real one), but not here...disappointing. Service was excellent.

Crow
01-25-2008, 10:47 AM
not many places that I wont give another try, although it might be a few yrs
1 place ive never gone back to was Cap Jacks...& that was a few wives & many yrs ago (in the 80s i think)
AKershus, which used to b a fav, now its not the same as it used to be wo buffet & limited servings
SciFi- food wasnt that great & service too. the clips were repetitive.
but there are places that i had great meals one time & only soso others so it all depends

Diznee4Me
01-25-2008, 10:48 AM
The former Italian restaurant in the Italy paillion at EPCOT.

(Haven't tried the new owners.)

The food was bad, the service was bad, they sat me at a table in front of the door to the kitchen where I was constantly run into, overall bad experience - and expensive. I can't even remember their name - tried to block it all out!:D

May524
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
It's not open anymore, but Alfredo's. I thought the food was just OK, and the service wast just awful! :-o

splashtest
01-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Mama Melrose, not impressed at all. Concourse Steakhouse at the Comtemporary, should have know when the place was empty.

Those are the only two that stick out right now.

tiaramom
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Earl of Sandwich - dtd- budget quality meats.

Boatwrights- Terrible service. like eating rawhide.

1900 park fare- aweful buffet- limited offerings

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I would not go to the Sci-Fi again. At least not for dinner! The food was AWFUL!:ack: On the other hand, the atmosphere was really cool!

sassafras
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
The Garden Grill!!Like the previous poster, I :sick: after eating there. Had food poisoning, spent 3 days in bed at BWV's Which is probably why it wasn't my favority place to stay!! Also, Capn Jack's - food was ok, service was awful!!!

CleveSJM
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I think Donald's Breakfastausaurus has gone the way of the dinosaurs and good riddance. I got :ill::ack::ill: after it one morning. I actually think it was the orange juice. We were at the first sitting of the day and I think it was left over from the previous day. My father in law got sick as well and we were the only ones drinking OJ from that caraffe. Watch out for those first sittings at a buffet...

SBETigg
01-25-2008, 11:07 AM
For poor service and bad food experiences:
Coral Reef
Rainforest Cafe
Boatwright's
Kona Cafe

And Biergarten, though it was good and a nice atmosphere and service, just because once is enough for me there.

big blue and hairy
01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
There are a couple, but not necessarily for the same reason. Restaurant Marakesh just wasn't a mixture of spices we enjoyed. The restaurant was beautiful, the belly dancer was great, we just didn't care for the Morrocan spices.

We were unimpressed with Yak & Yeti. For the price it was very underwelming, as most Landry's restaurants are.

Coral Reef was very expensive, for not very good food. I have no complaints about the service. The food was just very ordinary at best for high end prices. We had a group of six, and no one was impressed.

Some of the restaurants that were mentioned, we enjoyed, we weren't blown away, but we didn't have as high expectations. We go to Sci-Fi for the atmosphere and we don't order anything other than sandwiches or burgers, so we're not dissapointed.

Rainforest Cafe doesn't quite fit the question, since although we've been there twice, we haven't actually eaten there. Both times the service was SOOO slow we walked out. In this case, two strikes and you're out. Another Landry's property.

:sulley:

Jared
01-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd never return to Nine Dragons. I've written too much about this restaurant on these boards, but I'll say it again. We can get better Chinese food on our street corner for literally more than half the price.

Also, the only reason I'd go back to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is if I was with a newbie who just wanted the experience. The atmosphere is cool. The food stinks.

:tasty:

lightyearfan
01-25-2008, 11:18 AM
for me and dw it would be Mama Melrose hands down. the food was awful, the service was decent, but the food was bad,bad,bad! i ordered a pasta dish and it was like i was eating a bowl of garlic :ack:, i mean there was more garlic than pasta, i forgot what dw had but it was the same for her. we will not go back to Mama Melrose.

Victor

ginger19
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Coral Reef.

DH's food was ok but mine was inedible and the service was the slowest I have ever seen.

jakeybake
01-25-2008, 11:25 AM
San Angel for me.

The family and I were so excited to eat there again during our trip in August. We actually chose it for our first sit down meal of our trip.

Needless to say we were quite disappointed. The atmosphere is wonderful but the service and the food was subpar to say the least. We were always looking for our waiter, who was nowhere to be found and the food had no taste to it at all.

And to top it all off we has asked if we could sit at an open table we saw right next to the River. We told the hostess we would be more than happy to wait a bit longer if need be. We were told that it was a table for 6 not 4 so we couldn't sit there. 5 minutes later the hostess seated a family of 4 at the exact same table.

All in all a very disappointing experience to say the least.

Jay

lockedoutlogic
01-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I saw completely inappropriate behavior by both the Manager and Chef in the lobby of Narcoossee's on a very busy day of the year

We won't return.....not only for that...but the food at Citricos just a couple hundred feet away is more imaginative and usually of better quality

DizneyRox
01-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Hmm... Lets see...

We have the Luau at the Polynesian, The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Coral Reef. Off the top of my head...

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Sci-Fi :ack: No thank you cinnamon napkin!

lockedoutlogic
01-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Hmm... Lets see...

We have the Luau at the Polynesian, The Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and Coral Reef. Off the top of my head...

Now that I'm warmed up...

wholeheatedly agree about crystal palace and hollywood and vine....

just had excellent meals at both coral reef and yachtsmans back in november....sketchy results in the past

and though most people are blind to it....CRT does not have good food quality as well

Tony's is a disappoint because they continue to fuss with the menu and the results are often bland or pedestrian choices

Crystal Palace could be a wonderful restaurant if they would drop the buffet and go to a more traditional table service location...the building is great...just needs some TLC from the chefs

wire0monkey
01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Marrakesh and the counter-service grill next door (Tangiriene?). Service was terrible and the food was mediocre.

goofysbabe
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Rainforest Cafe - I really DO NOT like this place!!!! and if I never eat there again I'd be happy.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
:(

Hands down the worst meal any of us ever had at WDW-----ABC Commissary

Runner Up-Mama Melrose's

BostonChic
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I would say Hollywood and vine.We're not picky at all but the food was not that good:sick:We would never eat there again:nope::mickey:

disneymom15
01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Mine would be CS in Mexico. Noodle Station in MK which I think has closed.

Disneyatic
01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Our pick would be 50's Prime Time Cafe.
We waited almost an hour to be seated and our food was not good. Pot roast tasted like a tv dinner and the fried chicken was overdone. Our server was nice but extremely slow.
DH hated the razzing he got from our waitress(I thought it was funny!) and he refuses to eat there again.

Also Electric Umbrella, I felt sick the rest of the day after eating a burger here.
DH and DD liked it, but I will steer clear just in case!

I agree on CRT, the atmoshpere can't be beat but they try WAY to hard to make the food seem high class. I would rather order off of the kid menu!

MsMin
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Concourse Steakhouse comes to mind. The Prime Rib was so saturated in Rosemary I couldn't eat it.
San Angel another, love the atmosphere but my food was so hard and stiff after what looked like it sat under a heat lamp forever....
I wasn't impressed with the Biergarten; but it's my personal choice of diet.
and the one that I didn't just love ( I know this will get me banned ;) ) Boma's ... the desserts were great but I'm not a fan of sweets or raisins in my food. My kids loved it but I thought much of it tasted the same and the soup I liked had way too much cornstarch in it... it was more like jello than soup.

Disneypixie513
01-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I would have to say the San Angel Inn: Bad service and so-so food
And the TS in Morocco: Also bad service and not so great food :sick:

bleukarma
01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I have learned to never say never, but I’ll give you a few that I will try to stay away from:

Sci-Fi – I will only go there again if I’m with someone that really wants to go for the atmosphere. I’ve been there two or three times and that is enough if I can help it.

Biergarten – I’m not a big fan of German food, or buffets. I’ve been there, done that and I will try not to go back

Planet Hollywood – I’ve been there so many times that I’m sick of it, and the food isn’t even that good

I think someone mentioned the Noodle Station at MK. The food was expensive and bad. I only ate there because I was waiting for Wishes and it was close and I was starving. I will try to avoid it in the future.

big blue and hairy
01-25-2008, 01:04 PM
:(

Hands down the worst meal any of us ever had at WDW-----ABC Commissary

Oh god, I forgot about ABC Commisary, I must have blocked it. DW and I ate there this summer. It was absolutely awful. I don't understand how counter service can be very good in one location and so bad in another. Being really busy certainly isn't an excuse. My favorite counter service location is Everything Pop and that place is always jammed.

SAHDad
01-25-2008, 01:07 PM
ABC Commisary. First trip to WDW, ate the fish & chips there, and a few hours later, :ill: :sick: It passed within 24 hours, and due to the timing, I can pretty much ensure that it was a mild case of food poisoning. Sure, it was just one of those things that happen, and it could happen at almost any restaurant, but I'm not chancing it again.

Rain Forest Cafe - haven't eaten there at WDW, but that's because I could eat there any time we visit the in-laws. It's a chain, so I'd rather go for someplace either uniquely Disney, or at least a chain that I can't visit as easily.

AbeeNormal
01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Fro me - it's definitly Cinderella's Royal Table - What a cattle call. The only thing that was good was the crab soup. Terribly expensive for what you get.

Bri
01-25-2008, 01:17 PM
I would have to say Coral Reef. The food was alright but the service was terrible once we told them we were on the Dining Plan which was at the very beginning of the meal, we saw our waitress maybe 3 times after that. I would have been very angry if we had to pay out of pocket for that place.

#1donaldfan
01-25-2008, 01:29 PM
:ack:You'd have to see my reply about food in another thread.....it said pretty much that :ack:San Angel Inn :ack:is horrible and I would NEVER think of going back...our fam of 5 and sisters fam of 5 all unamoulsy agree that it was the worst food we've EVER put in our mouths......We do love the atmosphere, but the food was, to put it very nicely....HORRIBLE !!!!!!:ack::ack::ack::ack:

Anthony007
01-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Maybe Whispering Canyon.......the service was terrible!!!!!!! But the food was delicious, so never say never.

Auntie
01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
We ate at the Brown Derby for dinner last May. We did have the dining plan for the first time. It was a signature restaurant and required to credits. To be honest, while it wasn't awful...it was "okay". I don't think I'd allot two credits for it again. Maybe try lunch and pay out of pocket.
Other than that Mama Melrose was a waste. Didn't do it last year, we knew not to waste dining credits on it.

PetefromRI
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd have to agree with MsMin.My wife and I absolutly hated Boma.We did not care for the food at all.The service was typical and it was a nice looking place,the food just wasn't our cup of tea.It just goes to show that everyone has different tastes and unless I heard that a place was unsanitary I think that I'd have to try a place for myself.
Another was Rain Forest,slow slow service and very pricey for so so food.Another one that we tried twice was Shutters at the CBR.Nice place,average service and just OK food but not worth the money with so many really nice places to eat.

grumpypima
01-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Fulton's Crab:ack:
It was terrible! Food was disgusting and the service was TERRIBLE. We were there nearly 11 years ago for our honeymoon. I'm still upset about it. :mad: We spent way too much money for horrible food and terrible service.

crazy4tink
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Coral Reef... our first trip to disney, first night, first food since check in... The atmosphere was lovely and DS really enjoyed "eating with the fishes". Food was ok, nothing extraordinary, except for maybe dessert, which sticks in my mind, sorta... BUT the service was HORRIBLE. We too were on DDP. The server started our experience by arguing with me about what DS (aka the picky eater) could order on the DDP. I advised her that he wanted french fries and ice cream only (he had an uncrustable before arriving). She continued to tell me that he had to order a kids meal and that french fries were not an option, even if I wanted to pay separately. :nono: Truly this conversation went on for at least 5 minutes, before she huffed away. She then came back 3 more times; once to take the rest of our order, once to get our dessert order and once to drop off the check. i complained to the manager on the way out that I thought it was ungodly that she was getting a $28 tip from our table, because it was a horrible "first disney dining experience", the manager apologized, but told me there was nothing he could do! :mad:

and the other is Rainforest Cafe, we waited way too long, even with ressies, over an hour, got sat next to Atlas and got wet all night from spray; we were under the AC as well, so it was wet and cold. The food was not what I expected and the service was mediocre at best. :confused:

It's ok though, that's two less places I need to try and squeeze in on the next trip (in 195 days!) :yay:

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
While I've learned to never say never (or I wouldn't have returned to Mama Melrose and missed out on a lovely lunch in fabulous company), there are few experiences that I'm in no rush to repeat:

Any meal at Big River Grille
Any meal but breakfast at CRT
Lotus Blossom Cafe (the CS restaurant at China)... they're two for two for getting me and DS :ack:

Tigger&Stitch
01-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Cinderella's Royal Table - we ate there on our first trip together to WDW, and were unimpressed. Esp when on the DDP, as it takes up TWO dinners! Pphhhhhtttt... :-P

For some reason, DH agreed to go to the Rainforest Cafe (also on that first trip). It's a chain, and compared to all the magic and effects at WDW, it's a huge joke! I thought it was cool ages ago BD (before Disney). ;)

Toy Story Pizza Planet - blech! :sick: The pizza was a bit expensive and just horrible! We only went there because a CM told me that is where Stitch (DH's fav character) hangs out. We never saw Stitch, and I had to eventually explain to DH why he had to eat horrible pizza...

rcaide
01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Mine are Cap'n Jack's and Grand Floridian Cafe. Cap'n Jack's was noisy and the food was just :ack:.
Grand Floridian Cafe was beautiful and the service was good but I have had better food at a school cafeteria. My husband and I arrived early and they said no problem we are not busy at all we will seat you right away. After I got my meal, I knew why they weren't busy. We won't be back there.

Clay Ransone
01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
San Angel Inn is brutal. As in most cities I can get much better Mexican food five minutes from my house than what I had at the San Angel Inn. As if the food was not bad enough we saw out waiter four times. Also the tables were packed in there so tight I thought I was going to have to be choppered out. It was a very poor experience. There are too many good places to eat at Disney World to every waste your time or money/TS credits at San Angel Inn.

Shugoondola
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I've been lucky and have never had an awful meal at WDW, but places I don't need to go back to are 50's Prime Time, San Angel Inn, Crystal Palace, Marrakesh, Akershus. Not that the food or service were bad, but there are places I like much better.

:mickey:

MickeyMousse
01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
We had the worst meal ever :sick: at Nine Dragons in Epcot. 16 years later and I still get chills whenever we pass it.

Also, Cap'n Jacks. It was truly a disappointment. :down:

magicofdisney
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Without a doubt, Tony's. The service was horrible and the food was even worse.

princessimagineer
01-25-2008, 10:17 PM
im gunna be the only one saying this : Chef Mickeys.

im sorry, i dont find it cute when you let your kid take their shoes and socks off and dance on their chair with their chocolate milk. but thats just me....

katzctkpt
01-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, the 1st one to come to mind and I just can't bring myself to try again is the San Angel Inn in Epcot (Mexico) the food, waiter especially was awful. The coke tasted weird and the food was like road kill imo.
The 2nd place would be 50's Prime Time I had read a lot of reviews of how fun this place was and that the food was really good. Well the waiter there didn't want to play the role as I'd read on the reviews and the food was nasty McDonald's has much better food and I'm not that crazy about them.
Then 3rd I would say Whispering Canyon just didn't care for the the taste.

01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Two places I would never eat again:
Sci Fi - the food & service was terrible
Rose & Crown - service wasn't too bad but didn't care for the very dry chicken that was served.

laughingplace<3
01-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Tony's Town Square- overpriced, horrible plastic tasting fake food.

Nine Dragons- a weird menu...not good options for me (I'm vegetarian) portions horrible and overpriced. However service was good.

Rainforest Cafe- still wondering what I was thinking. Horrible service, food, atmosphere... why was there even a wait?!

That's all that come to mind. Horray for other great meals! :number1:

brianlw71
01-26-2008, 01:04 AM
rainforest cafe

VRod RS
01-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Well.. as we are still here and trying places out.. So far we have been VERY disappointed with San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, and Tokyo Dining.

San Angel Inn we used to love and the food was very good. This trip, the food was just horrible. The steak tasted charred even though it wasn't it couldn't be eaten (all of ours were the same). The chips are just bagged chips and salsa out of a jar. And NO ICE TEA except sweet tea that comes from a machine.. Sorry, I like brewed tea like every other restaurant in WDW provides.

Chefs de France was okay for service.. We ordered the tenderloin (for ~$32) and it was not seasoned at all and tough as nails. It was one of the toughest steaks I have had and that includes other cuts. This was supposed to be a tenderloin! :mad: I have never seen a true filet this tough and the texture wasn't correct. My guess is they are passing off some other cheap cut of meat as a filet.

Tokyo dining was a real disappointment also. We are big sushi fans and we ordered the sushi plate with all the varieties of sushi for lunch. The sushi was not good. It was really just not fresh at all. The worst thing you can have for sushi is seafood that is not fresh :sick:. The shrimp cocktail was not good either as the shrimp were not firm. Much better shrimp can be found at the Coral Reef.

disneygirlie11
01-26-2008, 07:49 AM
BOMA!! It was the worst meal I have ever had!

mrsgaribaldi
01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
WE don't eat that many sit down meals when we go, maybe one or two ADR's are made, the rest is counter service. We never really had a terrible experience at any place. I ate once at the place in Japan and it wasn't something I liked. The food wasn't bad, just not my kind of food. I probably would never eat there again. We ate once in Marakesh and I liked it but we haven't been back since. We usually go to our favorites:mickey:

SurferStitch
01-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Chefs de France was okay for service.. We ordered the tenderloin (for ~$32) and it was not seasoned at all and tough as nails. It was one of the toughest steaks I have had and that includes other cuts. This was supposed to be a tenderloin! :mad: I have never seen a true filet this tough and the texture wasn't correct. My guess is they are passing off some other cheap cut of meat as a filet.

That's EXACTLY how my DH's tenderloin was. It was the weirdest texture we had ever seen, and it was seriously about 50% fat. It was horrible.

He started laughing as he was trying to cut it. It was like trying to cut into a rubber ball.

Cindy'smom
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
ABC Commisary and Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi wins this one hands down. I am NOT picky and will usually eat ANYTHING, especially if I have paid good money for it. The chicken sandwich was somehow, mysteriously, absolutely inedible.:sick:

KarenP
01-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I would not eat at Boma or Planet Hollywood again. I did not like the food at Boma at all. There is a spice I hated that seemed to be on everything. Planet Hollywood was the loudest restaurant I was ever in. I thought the food was mediocre and very overpriced.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Fulton's. Expensive and it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Mom2princesses
01-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Ditto! :sick:

Also, we will never eat dinner at Norway again. Loved the princesses but the food and service was lacking. Next time we will just do breakfast.

sorarail
01-26-2008, 02:15 PM
The former Italian restaurant in the Italy paillion at EPCOT.

(Haven't tried the new owners.)

The food was bad, the service was bad, they sat me at a table in front of the door to the kitchen where I was constantly run into, overall bad experience - and expensive. I can't even remember their name - tried to block it all out!:D

We thought we would have a wonderful meal here. However, the service disappeared after we were served our entrees, the meal was tepid, I was not able to sleep that night because of a queasy stomach :sick: and the next morning I hurled big time, right before our behind the scenes tour at Epcot. I was woozy during the whole tour and had to go back to our room in AKL. The spicy smell when I hit the door there brought another wave of :sick: It was on our 20th anniversary. Needless to say, I stayed in the room in fetal position and DH went to watch fireworks by himself.

I realize it's under new ownership, but it would take a lot to get me back into that restaurant.

Mickey 101
01-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Biergarten
Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre
1900 Park Fare (we went for the character breakfast and although the food wasn't bad, there are much better restaurants IMHO.....did love the Strawberry Soup, though)

AdventurerKim
01-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Captain Jack's without question! Bad food and service!

Also Raglan Road wasn't that great. Luckily we had gift certificates. The Shephard's Pie was nothing special, just like everything else there. The Rose and Crown is better, for food and atmosphere.

Crow
01-26-2008, 06:04 PM
not many places that I wont give another try, although it might be a few yrs
1 place ive never gone back to was Cap Jacks...& that was a few wives & many yrs ago (in the 80s i think)
AKershus, which used to b a fav, now its not the same as it used to be wo buffet & limited servings
SciFi- food wasnt that great & service too. the clips were repetitive.
but there are places that i had great meals one time & only soso others so it all depends
i forgot Boma....not that the food was bad, its the memories that it would inspire...its where i first met the ex....lets just say beware of people wanting to get in the country

NJ Camper
01-26-2008, 06:32 PM
We have been to Capt. Jack's 3-4 times and never had a problem but everyone has different taste so what was good for one could be **** to others its a matter of taste everyone has different taste

jrkcr
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Alfredos-there's a reason it is gone!

Cinderellas Gala Feast at the Grand Floridian. The buffet is not worth the money!

jsw123
01-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I saw one other person say Chef Mickey's. The food wasn't bad---not great, but you're not there just to eat! The buffet lines were so long that you had to miss seeing characters in order to get your food! Maybe it was just our seating time, but that's no excuse. You shouldn't have to miss your child meeting Goofy to get your food. You're paying to see her meet Goofy!

VRod RS
01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Well.. as we are still here and trying places out.. So far we have been VERY disappointed with San Angel Inn, Chefs de France, and Tokyo Dining.

San Angel Inn we used to love and the food was very good. This trip, the food was just horrible. The steak tasted charred even though it wasn't it couldn't be eaten (all of ours were the same). The chips are just bagged chips and salsa out of a jar. And NO ICE TEA except sweet tea that comes from a machine.. Sorry, I like brewed tea like every other restaurant in WDW provides.

Tokyo dining was a real disappointment also. We are big sushi fans and we ordered the sushi plate with all the varieties of sushi for lunch. The sushi was not good. It was really just not fresh at all. The worst thing you can have for sushi is seafood that is not fresh :sick:. The shrimp cocktail was not good either as the shrimp were not firm. Much better shrimp can be found at the Coral Reef.

That's EXACTLY how my DH's tenderloin was. It was the weirdest texture we had ever seen, and it was seriously about 50% fat. It was horrible.

He started laughing as he was trying to cut it. It was like trying to cut into a rubber ball.

LOL!.. Yeap.. Rubber ball was right.. Needless to say I am sending a complaint about them because they are ripping customers off.. They are serving a cheap excuse for a steak for $32 and calling it a tenderloin. :mad::mad:

ryca1dreams
01-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I can't say any restaurants were ever HORRIBLE or AWFUL or TERRIBLE, but there were a few I wouldn't go back to just for preference.

My wife did not like Ragland Road although I thought it was okay. Nether of us liked Lotus Blossum, but never tried Nine Dragons. My wife is from Taiwan and we kind of expected a little more authentic food here, not like our local buffet(s). Anyway... Same with San Angel Inn. Being from Texas, you can get similar fare around town. It wasn't bad, just ordinary.

Polynesian Dweller
01-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Rose and Crown- terrible food from appetizer through dessert including the beer sampler (still don't know how they made that bad), service was awful

Rainforest - noisy and food was bland at best

Marakesh - nothing really wrong with it just nothing special either, ambiance average and food average, want more on my trip

Alfredo's - there's good reason its gone, started off as a great restaurant but ended up with the worst service we have encountered anywhere

Biergarten - fine if you get the right table mates, but it can be absolutely the most arduous dinner if you don't

Goes4FastPass
01-27-2008, 04:34 AM
1. Mama Melrose. Papa Melrose doesn't even like the food there and the service? Nope.

2. Whispering Canyon. We were ready to 'play' - our server's entire routine was a handful of straws and the "skillet' has dropped in quality and variety since the restaurant first opened.

Twinsowner
01-27-2008, 05:57 AM
San Angel Inn and the counterservice outside mexico. Loved he atmosphere but food is below average. Plain bagged chips with salsa from a jar that is not very good. Meats were tough and charred. No iced tea available!!!! Very dissappointed! Not much to say about the counterservice one. just plain awful.

Citricos.. i know I may get blasted for this because a lot of people like this place. Food was interesting and ok but the service was terrible. very "snooty" waiters. we have eaten at almost every place in the world and like almost all of them but we will not return here. narccoossees is our favorite anyway and the service there has always been awesome!!

brewcrew26
01-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Fulton's. Expensive and it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Definitely agree. I was just really disappointed with the taste and the quality. But living in New England makes a person very picky about seafood.

SurferStitch
01-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Citricos.. i know I may get blasted for this because a lot of people like this place. Food was interesting and ok but the service was terrible. very "snooty" waiters. we have eaten at almost every place in the world and like almost all of them but we will not return here. narccoossees is our favorite anyway and the service there has always been awesome!!

I so totally agree with you here. That's why we've made no effort to go back. We talk about it, but then decide it's not worth a 3rd risk. We've had snobbish (and deceitful) service both times. I'm tired of our servers trying to charge us for more alcohol than we actually had. :mad:

Dittos on Narcoossee's....it's our fave, too!

Hull-onian
01-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Spoodles on the Boardwalk. :sick:

POP Century Food Court. :ack:

Hollywood and Vine buffett. :ack:

Fultons Crab House, only due to the noise. But food was great.:number1:

TheMartellFamily
01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
There are so many great one to eat at but I have to say there are two that if even if it was free I will not go back. The first is Hollywood and Vine. Number two on my list is 1900 park fare. They are both buffets but let me tell you they did not have good choices and the food was sub par to the other buffets and meals elsewhere.

nursienurse4
01-27-2008, 04:18 PM
It was dark, cramped, difficult to see what we wanted to order or eat, and the food wasn't so great either.

wdw_bound
01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
There are a few places that just didn't work for our family, which includes a very picky eater. But there are a few places that were just downright bad, and it had nothing to do with picky eating. We've enjoyed many TS locations, and had a few not-so-good experiences at some, but only one falls into the never-again camp.

Hollywood and Vine - I've had better food and service at a Golden Corral. And as a side note, no matter how messy the diners are, please be sure to clean the seats and the floor under the table before seating the next guests. You could barely see the carpet under our table.

Cosmic Ray's - I know plenty of people here love it, but we've gone twice and it's been bad both times. The concept of ordering different food at different windows means someone's food is going to be very cold before everyone gets to eat. It is a very overstimulating environment - I feel like I'm in a Chuck E. Cheese. And the food - bleck. The chicken was ok, but how they had the nerve to call what I ordered "ribs" is beyond me. Ewww.

Another place we used to love was Pecos Bill's, but now they've destroyed the fixins bar, there's really no point, so we'll try other MK CS locations.

jillluvsdisney
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
1. Crystal Palace due to a very rude waiter and indifferent management .

2. Chef Mickey's. We got ripped off by the characters because we had no kids with us. It's a character meal, I don't care how old you are. That's what you are paying for.

3.Cinderella's Royal Table. Way too overpriced.

4. German Pavillion in Epcot. We just didn''t care for the food. It was too generic and not authentic enough for us. The atmosphere and service were fine though.

5. The Chineese Pavillion. I've never read a good thing about Nine Dragons.

6. Sci-FI Drive In. I've been there twice and did not like the seating arrangment in the cars.

Mackflava99
01-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Hands down- Chefs de France - the food was not good, portions too small and price too large-

I also dislike the ABC Commisary- it should be alot better- And Toy story Pizza was awful.

My wife didnt like Boma, but i did- she just doesnt like to experiment at all-

we also went to Bongos and had poor service- food was not as spicy as e would have thought- but the service killed it for us.

Besides that , most of our dining was very good

jefmblrd
01-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Here's a few...

Mama Melrose: We ate there when we were on the Backstage Magic Tour and were very disappointed.

San Angel Inn: The atmosphere can't be beat, it's one of my favorite spots in Epcot, but the food just isn't that great.

50's PrimeTime: The food is just okay, and when you get a good waitperson, it's fantastic. But the last three times I've been, it's been pretty disappointing.

PixieChick
01-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Hollywood And Vine. To busy and loud for us, didn't much like the decor and food wasn't that good and the service was terrible. I know how ADR's work and never expect to taken immediately but we waited an hour to be seated.

Donald's Breakfastausaurus for both food and service.

ltam16
01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Hollywood & Vine wasn't as great as other DW buffets and the decor didn't wow me like most of the other places. But it was the fantasmic package and that was well worth it. The other fantasmic package choices did not offer as much for my family of picky eaters!

D-ko
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Marrakesh in Morocco. I love this kind of food and I found it horrible. We just didn't enjoy it and won't ever go back.

On the other hand, Tangerine Cafe is my favorite counter service eatery. I can't leave Epcot without a pit stop there.

LauraF
01-28-2008, 04:09 PM
1. Restaurant Marrakesh - I had high hopes for this one but the food made both me and my BF a bit ill. (He almost lost *his* dinner! Thakfully a very nice CM found me some milk on the Boardwalk to settle his tummy.)

2. Cosmic Ray's - the atmosphere was WAY too loud and crowded. Sonny was set far too loud and add in the fact that everybody was trying to outshout him . . . I had a massive headache.

3. ABC Commisary - the food is awful and you don't get a lot for the price.

tjstrike
01-29-2008, 08:20 AM
We thought the food was horrible at the princess dinner in Norway, and the service was bad at cosmic ray's. ( but the food was good )

mickeymousedabomb
01-29-2008, 12:02 PM
We went to Sci-Fi this past trip and I believe that was it for us. Service was fine and the food had no complaints for us either but I just didn't enjoy the surroundings. We did sit in a car, but the kids we NOT into the movie clips at all! Neither was I. Grammie and I had the menus up close to the light in the "dashboard" to even see. We were glad we went for the expierence and now we can comment on it too. Once was enough for us, we'll try 50's PTC next trip.

tinksmom02
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Fro me - it's definitly Cinderella's Royal Table - What a cattle call.

Can't say I'd never return there (hey, I have a 5 year old DD), but it's not on my list of places to return to...the food was OK, and our waiter was wonderful, but the front-of-house staff ruined the experience for us.

[QUOTE=PetefromRI;1528386]I'd have to agree with MsMin.My wife and I absolutly hated Boma.We did not care for the food at all.The service was typical and it was a nice looking place,the food just wasn't our cup of tea./QUOTE]

BOMA is the one place I wouldn't return to. They "lost" our ADR after we checked it, we had horrible service, and the food (except for soups and desserts) just wasn't to our liking. Even the "American" dishes. I wouldn't say it was disgusting, because I know a lot of people love it there...it just wasn't for us, and we won't return.

Mickey91
01-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Sci Fi Dine in! The food was horrible!! We ordered their steak and none of us ate it. My DD and I had had almost nothing for lunch and were starved and we still couldn't make ourselves eat it!! The atmosphere was awesome! But, until they change the menu, we won't be going back. :ack:

poohluva
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Only 2 so far:

Mama Melrose

Alfredo's, but since it's no longer there, I guess there's really only 1!!

JMTStone
01-30-2008, 01:05 PM
We had horrible service at the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs. The food was not much better. Never going back. Waiting 10 minutes for drinks? Waiting 40 minutes after appetizers before the entree is served? Surly waitress? They got it all down!

I wasn't crazy about the food at the Princess Norway lunch.... Service OK, princesses OK, food kinda lame.

DisneyDD2
01-30-2008, 01:10 PM
A year and a half ago we did Donald's Breakfastasaurus in Animal Kingdom and thought the breakfast at the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom was far superior. I'm not even sure Donald's Breakfastasaurus is still around.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Catina - food poisoning

Sci-Fi - the worst food I've had in WDW. Food was cold and tasted terrible.

jpH/keD
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM
We love most everything in WDW.

However, Never again will we go to Sci-Fi Diner. The movie clips didnt hold the attention of 1 kid in our group! The service was sooooo slow and the food...? I can't say I even remember the food!!

prprincess
01-30-2008, 03:08 PM
I have two:

Tony's Town Square--I didn't like the taste of the sauce they use at all.

Bongo's--I don't know what they were serving, but it wasn't Cuban food.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I really can't say there is just one I would not return to. Park food, is park food. Never ate at any of the really fancy restaurants so can't speak for those. I think all the buffets we visited last trip were, well for lack of better words, ok. But did not expect much. Plus they were character meals, can't say no to them, my son would kill me!

I do have one place I would never ever put any more effort into securing and ADR. LeCellier. The night we ate there was just awful, left more than half my dinner there and ate McDonalds fries. The steak was gristly. I know any place can have an off night. We will try it again I am sure, but I won't sweat it if the 1st attempt they are full.

SheLovesDisney
01-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm with all of you who said Sci-Fi. The atmosphere wasn't even enough to win over my kids and we couldn't believe how much we paid for what we got.

I also had a really bad experience at Kona Cafe - but I know it is a favorite of many, so I will give that one another try!

Stich8818
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
On our last trip down all of the places we ate really nothing was wrong. The only place that I know that we will not do is Askeshus(sp?) We did the Princess lunch...ugh...never again.

DisneyMama18
02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Wispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Food was ok, not worth the price. It was greasy and just not what expected. Disappointed.

crltkcagle
02-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Chef Mickeys! The food was really bad. The character interaction was great but the food was yuck!

mreinventtt
02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Tony's it is by far the worst resturant.:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

laward32
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
We will not eat again 1900 Park Fare. We've done it twice. The first time I thought it was bad, but we tried it again in Oct because it was just redone, but it was still terrible. Plus, Cinderella never came to our table and we had to stop the Prince when were getting ready to leave because he kept walking by but never stopped. But the food was terrible, service was just ok.
Another place, which is gone thank goodness, is Donald's Restaurantsaurus. We waited 40 min past our rezzie and when we went in to be seated the place was empty. Not one character came into our part of the restaurant. Overall it was just bad.:mickey:

AllTheWorldsAStage
02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Chef Mickeys. We took our kids there for dinner. They enjoyed seeing the characters, but the food was no better than what you could get at an elementary school cafeteria. Plus, the atmosphere is over-the-top chaotic.

I know the "experience" of meeting the characters is a reason why the price is so high to eat there, but I wish they could at least *try* to make you feel you are getting your money's worth at the buffet table.

Maybe we should have went there for breakfast instead. I think it is harder to screw up a breakfast buffet than a dinner buffet.

Mom2princesses
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Moma Melrose - food was tasteless and the service was horrible.

Norway - Princess Dinner. the food was horrible and they rushed you through even tried to take away my drink before I was finished!

Catzle
02-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Can someone tell me about the California Grill. After reading where to eat this came up a lot. Is it good for kids or more of an adult restaurant, we have an 8 & 6 year old.

MickeyChick
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
BOMA!!!

Oh my goodness. After reading all of the reviews on Intercot, I was so excited to go there! I talked it up for weeks, made my ADRs and off we went, paying $17/hour for a babysitter for the sake of having a nice, grown-ups only evening out.

We arrived 10 minutes early for our ADR and sat and waited for FORTY minutes. I could see empty tables but no one was being seated though I could see seating receipts pouring out of the machine at the front desk and watched CMs goofing off with each other.

We finally sat down and it took our server, Maureen, 15 minutes to come over an take our drink orders because she was chatting up a table of older gentlemen near our table. By then we'd already gotten up to get ourselves food because we were starving.

The food? The hummus was fantastic. The salad dressings available to top their lettuces were awesome and so were ALL of the desserts.

The salads, most of the soups, the side dishes and the entrees ranged from incredibly gross to tolerable. Everything had a strange, off-putting sweetness combined with spicy heat. There was too much ginger in everything, including the (seemed a safe choice) apple crumble.

Even the prime rib was subpar. It seemed to be seasoned with cinnamon, which was strange but interesting. Had the carver sliced the meat rather than hacked off a strange misshapen hunk to dump on my plate I might have liked it more.

I liked the Fufu, which was a combination of mashed sweet and regular potatoes.

We won't be going back... and we're adventurous eaters.

DisneyorBust
02-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Trail's End......After all of the great reviews here on Intercot we gave it a try. Never again. Food was tasteless, ribs were dry, I literally could not find anything that I actually liked.
50's Prime Time, most likely will not return (any time soon) food was quite good but from the time we were seated until we received our check, the meal took 1 1/2 hours!

KAT1811
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
While I've learned to never say never . . . there are few experiences that I'm in no rush to repeat:

I agree on never saying never but there are a couple of restaurants I will not rush back to. The first is (and I know I could get roasted for this) Liberty Tree Tavern. We all thought the food was awful. The meats were dry, the stuffing and mac and cheese were Stouffers and not to our liking either. I loved the atmosphere and would love to return if only the food would change. :ack:

It was dark, cramped, difficult to see what we wanted to order or eat, and the food wasn't so great either.

Sci-Fi was not one of our favorites either. I tried it on a girls trip with my mother and oldest daughter (we only had one at the time) and she had to sit behind us in the "car" booth, in order for us to talk to her we had to keep turning around and she dined the entire time with our backs to her, alone. We also could barely read the menu and had trouble seeing our food.
The restaurant was cute in theory but I would rather see reels of Disney film clips being played other than the cheesy sci-fi films (I know that sci-fi is the whole theme but it is SO old IMHO)

We also didn't care for the Garden Grill. Nothing here thrilled us and there are so many wonderful places to eat in Disney we wouldn't waste our time here. :mickey:

Sorry to all of you that love those restaurants. :blush:

Flower
02-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Chef Mickey's

The buffet was minimal selection and medicore flavor - we have been to much nicer buffets at the Crystal Palace.

The price was expensive for what you got, and then to charge over $30 for the portrait was ridiculous - it should have been included with the meal for the price we paid.

I have been noticing pictures online of CM's and it looks like Chip & Dale are there - they were a no-show the night we went.

It was just disappointing.

(Now that being said, I am still going to scrapbook the kids experience because they had a good time with the Characters, especially Donald)

illini
02-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Liberty Tree-- yuck, yuck, yuck. If I want food from a box, I can do that at home. But wouldn't. My kids were horrified that food could taste that way.

Kona-- just all around bad experience. Poor service, uninspired food, uncomfortable atmosphere.

For CS...
Cosmic Ray's. Sorry, I know it's a fave, but ewwww. No thanks.

mousetrapper
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I have to agree that LTT has to be one of my least favorite restaurants. Because so many people said how much they love this restaurant, I was prepared for something so much better. But again, it was Stove Top stuffing and Stouffer's mac & cheese. No thanks! The meat was OK. Atmosphere wasn't what I expected. Character interaction was a little awkward...they seemed to come by the table much too often (I know that's a strange complaint...usually they don't come by enough...but at LTT it just seemed like the characters came by every few minutes! Too much.).

We ate there on Thanksgiving, so I just wanted something very special....

We ate there once and won't go back.

MissT
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Sci-Fi...cool theming...food lacked taste and quality.

I believe
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Marrakesh in Morocco. I love this kind of food and I found it horrible. We just didn't enjoy it and won't ever go back.

On the other hand, Tangerine Cafe is my favorite counter service eatery. I can't leave Epcot without a pit stop there.

I agree! Although my reason for disliking Marakesh extends past the food, which was o.k., for us it was the service that was just AWFUL! Our waitress was cheerful and smiley, but we only saw her three times. once to take our order, once to take our dessert order (without giving the menu to us to choose) and lastly to drop off the bill. We had two sets of diners come and go at the table next to us while we sat and sat and sat waiting on the meal to end. I will say, we did enjoy the belly dancer and the atmosphere but that is not enough to go back.
On the other hand Tangereine Cafe is excellent.

ktflisa
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hmmmm.... We are pretty adventurous, but also tend to go to the same places over and over it seems :-)

I did not like SciFi - the food was not good. Service was okay, theming has so much potential!

The Lotus Blossom - CS at China I think? We ate there about 10 years ago and have NOT been back.

Kona - well, first of all we never would have gone without the free dining, it's too expensive. But this past Sept the service was AWFUL for our lunch, some things on the menu were good but 3 of us couldn't eat our meals. Since it was free dining they couldn't really offer anything - even though we asked for at least a couple of our credits back... Anyway, they are off the 'list'. :mickey:

And being from Texas, we have always been curious about Mexico's food. We've eaten at the fast food place outside, and it was okay, about what we expected. But as for the Table Service meal - we've always passed. We have the best Tex-Mex right here, as well as many authentic Mexican restaurants. And I see many many posts here about how bad San Angel is... so I'll probably always skip it!

BethieTink
02-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I would say for us it would be San Angel Inn. Love the Cantina, but not the restaurant inside. The atmosphere is good, but our meal was :ack:. Never again. Can go for Mexican food at home.

Another one, that I won't be rushing back to (and this totally goes against the grain) is the California Grill. I just thought it was okay. The filet I had at Jiko 2 days before was better and the service we had at Artist Point the night before was better. The sushi was good, but I get good sushi at home. My friend and I were both celebrating our birthday that night and it just didn't seem all that magical after everything I had read. Artist Point, on the other hand, really made a big deal out of the birthdays.

RAIDER
02-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Trails End for us we had a cast member with an attitude and half of the buffet was missing people were queuing up and complaining of the slow service ..I couldnt wait to get out of there :mad:

poeticeclipse
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Crystal Palace- I've done both the breakfast and dinner buffet and was not impressed at either. The food is just okay and the service is just okay. It was WAY too busy both times and the character interaction was lousy.

Alfredo's- I know it's not there anymore but... Gosh, it was just bad. I felt like I payed 20 bucks for alfredo that tasted like paste. Our waiter was a jerk and was not helpful at all. He brought out the dessert on the platter and said "which would you like?" We thought "Oh! A gift for our honeymoon!" So, we both picked out something and then got a nice surprise on our bill. We had gotten tons of free dessert day after day and just assumed (bad idea) that thats what "What would you like?" meant. Now we know!

Sci-Fi- I despise this place but my husband loves it so I have to put up with it everytime we're visiting the studio. The atmosphere is quite fun but the food stinks and so does the service. They need to make some big improvements here.

TinkiTime1989
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I know most people probably won't like this response but we will never again eat at Le Cellier. The service was terrible, and the steaks were gross. The best part of the meal was the pretzel bread and we only got one piece of that. We didn't see our waiter after taking our order until he brought our bill and it was impossible to get a drink refill. It just wasn't worth the money to us and I don't see what all the hype is about. Maybe we were there on an off day, but it was enough to make us decide not to return.

EmiB
02-05-2008, 03:20 PM
I know most people probably won't like this response but we will never again eat at Le Cellier. The service was terrible, and the steaks were gross. The best part of the meal was the pretzel bread and we only got one piece of that. We didn't see our waiter after taking our order until he brought our bill and it was impossible to get a drink refill. It just wasn't worth the money to us and I don't see what all the hype is about. Maybe we were there on an off day, but it was enough to make us decide not to return.

Wow, that must have been an off day.
I've eaten there at least four times and every time it's been great!

Someone should set up a poll or keep track of how many people don't like specific restaurants.

mom4disney
02-05-2008, 04:56 PM
The Coral Reef. We have tried that place three times now - and every time it was not good. The food was fine - the service was horrible. The last time we were there, the waitress was so rude. We were at our table over three hours for our dinner. My husband said never again.

bobpfef
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
50s Prime Time was TERRIBLE. The food was gross, the servers was just swamped and it wasn't fun at all. The whole family was really looking forward to this place and we were hugely disappointed.

5fromabove
02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
for us it would have to be Le Cellier!! The food was very good (when we finally got it--several HOURS after arriving). The service was by FAR the WORST we've EVER had in our lives. I actually ended up complaining to Guest Services about it and spoke to Le Cellier's manager the next day...incredibly horrible service. Also had a similiar experience in Sci-Fi Theater. Food was just okay, service...terrible. Took 25 minutes to settle my bill...seriously. I sent my family on to watch Beauty and the Beast without me and I had to catch up with them 1/2 way through it...AND had to go back later because the bill STILL wasn't right. When the service is bad, it just ruins the whole meal in my opinion. Oh and I almost forgot...we'll never go back to 1900 Park Faire either. The food was mediocre at best ( I think the cafeteria food at our local schools is a close match) and the character interaction was just awful. Whoever was Anastasia was obnoxious to the nth degree (sceaming, hollering, yelling...my Mom almost left) and Druzilla humiliated our DS-11 (thankfully he was a very good sport about it). Total and complete waste of money. blech.

gardenia
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Haven't seen this one yet so I'll jump in: Jiko.

We were psyched for "Signature" dining and it was a huge disapointment. We were the only people there at opening and it still took them 20 minutes to seat us because they HAD to put us in the computer (at a very leisurely pace) and then give us a beeper. Then the waiter didn't like our wine selection and tried to talk us out of it, so we said fine, NO WINE. The flatbread was awful- smelled like old shoes - and I swear the "shank of lamb" was really a bowl of dog food. Bad food, bad service, and despite the dress code everyone else had on tank tops and flip flops. I was embarrassed that I had subjected my family to such an expensive fiasco.

KAT1811
02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
The service was by FAR the WORST we've EVER had in our lives.

The last time I was there I was very disappointed with our individual waiter. The rest of tthe staff was wonderful. They had our reservation wrong when we got there (we were initially a party of 12 they had us for a party of 9. Even after Disney Dining "corrected" the problem with the restaurant manager prior to our arrival) and we were looking to add 3 to our reservation to make us 15 total. We had to wait a little longer but they fit us all in, which we were very grateful for. Our waiter was not very fond of our 3 y.o. and made a comment to another member of our party down the other end of the table which infuriated me. (she banged her fork on her bread plate which apparently I didn't correct quickly enough for him. I'm sure he would have done much better coorodinating a party of 15, 5 different familes, and taking care of 3 children, one of which was an infant, all tired and burnt out after 11 days in WDW.) The other members of the staff were great. One of the female managers fell in love with our infant and even ended up carrying her around the restaurant as we finished our meals (DD#3 was so comfortable with her she fell asleep!) So I guess what I am trying to say is that I would have been very upset with our service if it had not been for the rest of the staff being so wonderful. Our waiter was as slow as molasass on a cold winters day, made us feel like we were bothering him by dining at his table, and rarely came to our table, only if he absolutly had to. Not the best service we have had at Le Cellier to say the least.

LibertyTreeGal
02-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Chef Mickey's for dinner, O'Hanas, and Liberty Tree for lunch

PittFan
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
We had the WORST dining experience of our life @ Chefs de France. I'm not kidding. Finally got seated an hour after our ADR, it took 25 minutes to get a drink even though the place was nearly empty by now. 40 minutes later we FINALLY got our food and the pork chops and chicken were so dry we couldn't eat it. We finally figured this out, our waiter was setting the tables all around us for the next day :bang:( that was the only time we really even saw him) while our food sat under a heat lamp. No sooner did he bring the food and he was back w/dessert and the check. We had to get another waiter to bring us our drink refills. We will NEVER return there again!!! :mad: :down:

Lizzie
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Nine Dragons-Service was slow and food wasn't that great

Rainforest Cafe-Never eaten at one at a Disney park but have locally. The service is always bad the food is never good. The kids just like the atmosphere. I would never waste time on vacation eating here.

ElenitaB
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
For me, that list is easy. Where have I gotten sick after eating there?

CRT for any meal except breakfast
Lotus Blossum (twice... what WAS I thinking in giving it a second chance? :confused:)
Big River Grille

Otherwise, there are places that haven't enchanted me, but I'm willing to give most of them a second chance ... sometime in the future when I've visited other places that I still haven't gotten to yet.

Soul_Power
07-23-2008, 09:35 PM
We will never eat at Hollywood & Vine! :ack: It was our first trip to WDW last year, and we tried it as part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. We thought that we couldn't go wrong with a buffet, but we were so wrong! The food was horrible!

Another one on my list is Cape May Cafe (another buffet, go figure). We had high expectations going to this restaurant but found the food to be just "OK."

Unfortunately, we will never eat at the Concourse Steakhouse again either. :( This one isn't by choice, though! I'm still so sad that one of our favorite restaurants is closing!

Faver
07-23-2008, 09:36 PM
This will probably be shocking, but..........

BOMA!!!!!!:sick:

I know everyone loves it, but I don't care for cinnamon, and there were cinammon sticks coming out of or sticking out of almost every dish! We were a party of 8 and actually only 2 people liked the food.

Guya103
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Our worst has to be back to the days of the Backyard BBQ. The food was the worst we have ever had. Everything sat out in the heat and bugs were all over the food. It did not paint a pretty picture. Who wants room tempertature watermelon with flies? Any takers?:sick:

The transportation service was just as bad. We waited for over an hour in the dark to be picked up by bus. We love the WDW bus transportation, but this was not Disney at their finest.

rain
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
When I first saw this topic I thought my restaurant would be a shoe in winner but only a few have mentioned it. In 2005 we took my DD and in-laws to Akershus to see the princesses. I had not realized they changed the menu recently but it was horrible. It was hard to enjoy the princesses because the food was so disgusting...and we have been to Norway before so we knew what to expect. Never again...

bkfree
07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
We are either very lucky, easy to please or have a wide ranging palate, because I don't think we have ever had a bad meal at WDW.

I also think being on the DDP and not thinking too much about price, helps to some extent.

We have eaten at more than once and loved the food and the service at
La Cellier, Marrakesh, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, Sci Fi, Chef Mickey's, Tucsker House,Spoodles,Wolfgang Puck Express , CS at Morroco, Germany, China, Great Britain.

I think the only one that we would say was so-so was Rainforest Cafe-food was good but the wait was long.

Trying for the first time in Dec- Boma, Kona,
50's Prime Time, Chefs de France,Tutto Italia.
Again on the DDP.

Personally any meal that someone elses cooks, serves and cleans up after-starts out with points in its favor.

lighteningqueen
07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
San Angel Inn :ack::ack::ack:
sad representation of any Mexican food. Awful. Why steak on the plates... It mushed in our mouths or the first bite becasue we left all our food just not etible... When you have had food from New Mexico nothing is as good but this was just plain bad

Boma....:ack::ack::ack:
You have to be someone who would eat road kill as one stated above. Nothing was good and will not return

:ack:Trails End.. Worse than hospital food.. bland and baarely anything on the buffet and it was only 7 pm..

Young@Heart
07-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Whispering Canyon at WL. With such high expectation going in, this place was a HUGE let-down. I don't think you could pay DH to step foot in there again!

Marceline
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
ABC Commisary was utterly disgusting. Never, never again. It's like they TRIED to make the food taste horrible.:ack::ack::ack:

Tony's was just blahh, with blahh service....too bad, it could really be something special. I'll go back when it has some sparkle.

Coral Reef, great view of the tanks but sooo crowded and noisy. The service was slow and unfriendly and the food medicore. No plans to return for awhile. In a been there done that state of mind with it.

Rhetoric2000
07-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Okay, some on behalf of my whole family and some of my personal choice

Coral Reef (Whole Family): Not actually AFWUL per se, but we dined there as a family - must be ten years ago now - and would never even think about going back. Just so pricey for third rate food (as I say, not actually BAD but it should be so much better).

Prime Time Cafe (Whole Family): The only actively bad food I've ever had in WDW whether fast food or at a restaurant. Sci-Fi can make up for its mediocre food with great atmosphere. Prime Time has a good atmosphere, but the food is so bad it's not worth it.

Mama Melrose (Whole Family): Again it is probably 12 years since we ate there, and again not actively bad. But goodness know how many days we've spent at the Studios since then and nobody has even suggested we eat there, which tells its own story.

Crystal Palace (Me): My mother has "dragged" me to this place (which I don't dislike) at least twice a trip for the last 10 years - mostly because she's showing round new-visit friends and family. You get tired of anywhere after a while, especially when there's nothing to really recommend it.

Akershus (Me): Was my favourite restaurant in the whole of WDW for years and now we've both moved on I don't want to sully my memories with what it has become - making happy memories for others rather than myself in a new direction (one which no longer features tremendous and bountiful food). Fortunately Biergarten has been on hand to become my new Akershus.

Giselle
07-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Akershause at Epcot. <snip> Bland, boiled fish and matching sides and desserts. If you want to see princesses, go to the Castle or the tent in Toon Town and save your money and avoid having to leave there and go grab a QS meal.

Mousemates
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast Buffet - not so much because the food was only average, but more of a one and done thing.

Disney_Barbie
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM

I second that. We were fans of it a few years back, but about a year ago we had horrible HORRIBLE food (every single course tasted like it had been frozen and re-heated) my water tasted like bleach! (I think it was a dishwasher issue, but I didn't realize it until it was too late and I ended up getting violently sick later that day) and when I (politely) mentioned my issues to my server, he was outright rude! We right there and then canceled 2 different reservations we had already booked there for future trips and will never step foot in there again!

Disney_Barbie
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Don't hit me, but.....
Sci-fi was really great to look at but not even up to the standards of an Applebees, foodwise. :mickey:

I'm not saying that I "wouldn't dine @ Sci-Fi again" it wasn't bad, but I would like to see some menu changes in there. To me, the menu didn't seem to fit the atmoshpere. When I'm at a drive in, I want burgers, fries, personal pizzas, nachos, sandwiches, not steak and fancy items. I got some kinda like seared tofu w/ rice and it was actuctually SUPER good, but the whole time I just felt like it didn't fit. If I was gonna pay $20 for fancy tofu I would want it in a ... let's say different kind of atmospher than SciFi, I felt like while sitting in the SciFi atmosphere, I would have prefered pay $10-$15 for a veggie burger. But that's just me.
Ooo, actually maybe I take it back, I just checked the most recent menu and they do seem to now have more "drive in" food than I necessarily remember but there's still many options that don't fit in w/ the place.

epceddie
07-24-2008, 12:51 PM
I know that a lot of people love the California Grill, but my wife and I will never go back.

We went there on our honeymoon back in October and they stuck us in the back "wine room." We had a wonderful waitress, but all the action was out in the other dining room.

We were on the DDP and I'm glad we were. It would have cost us about $150 out of pocket and the food was just okay.

The menu didn't hold much appeal for me. I had a hearts of palm salad that was horrible and my steak was very fatty.

I can't remember what my wife had, but she wasn't that impressed and said we won't have to go back there again.

It was very disappointing.

akoutelas
07-24-2008, 03:04 PM
ABC Commisary, Hollywood & Vine, and Rainforest Cafe:sick:

fanofdisney
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Without a doubt Sci-Fi. I was told to not even try it by a family member but went against their suggestion. Sure wish I had't:ack:

prshell
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM
50s Prime TIme. The last two times we have eaten there we have not been happy at all. The service was TERRIBLE, no interaction like they used to do. The food was not very good at all, my grandkids wouldn't even eat the kids meal. The waiting area was packed, and it was expensive. Aside from that.....

TINKERBELL_82
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
For me, that list is easy. Where have I gotten sick after eating there?

CRT for any meal except breakfast
Lotus Blossum (twice... what WAS I thinking in giving it a second chance? :confused:)
Big River Grille

Okay, I'm officially frightened. Why Big River? Dh and I were planning on having a nice meal there and sampling the microbrews. All this talk about people getting sick after meals is making me nervous. I don't want to spend my trip in the fetal postion in bed. :(

I just read through all of these posts and I realized that, while I have had meals at WDW that were "meh" because of service or food issues, I've never had "the most horrible meal ever" or "Terrible" service. Maybe its just me, but I always seem to have a nice time. Lemonade from Lemons, ya know? You're at WDW! How can it be that bad?? :confused:

dixielandings
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I have read most of these replies and I must say, there is a lotta hatin' on WDW restaurants. I hope I'm not ever called upon to cook for some of you folks! :eek:

I preface with the fact that I've not considered any DTD restaurants, as most of those (if not all) are other-owned and op'ed (i.e. - chains, like Rainforest, which I never recommend b/c they're all over the US, with some exceptions).

There isn't a place I can honestly say I'll NEVER return to - if someone I'm with really wants to eat somewhere, I'll tag along for the company and ambience. But there are some places I would not rush back to:

Marrakesh - the atmosphere underwhelmed me, as I knew the food would.
Chef Mickey's - there are more enjoyable character meals inside the Parks for me
Turf Club @ SS - just so-so

Um....I think that's it. I suppose there are some I'm not overjoyed with, and certainly have my favorites, but none that I abso-HATE. I guess I'm just not that discerning, palate-wise. :blush:

dtootsie42
07-25-2008, 05:37 PM
The Italian place in Italy that closed. The service and food was so bad that I cannot even remember the name of the place. We had a horrible server and the food was the worst we have ever had.

We love Mexican but not sure if we would go back to San Angel Inn. Our food was pretty good but the service was pretty poor.
On the other hand we love the margarita stand outside....we always get great nachos and yummy churros....my kids could eat a ton of those :mickey:

cdavismorgan
07-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Looking through all these posts, I noticed several things:

1. Service -- Very rarely do I get poor service -- anywhere -- but I always start with a polite "Hello. How are you?" and actually listen to the response. I know that everyone can be frazzled after hours at WDW, but common courtesy can go a long way. If you do have bad service, SAY something. Talk to a manager before you pay the bill, preferably before the meal is over. A problem cannot be corrected if the manager doesn't know it exists.

2. Wait times -- If you notice empty tables and CMs goofing off, say something! Be polite, but firm and explain that you came to the restaurant to eat, not stand in their waiting area.

3. Food choices -- One of the things we love about WDW is being able to experience some different kinds of foods. Is WDW a perfect example, no .. but it is a taste of the different kinds of seasonings that other cultures use. If you cannot find something that tastes good to you, ASK! I have a severe coconut allergy, the chef at Ohana's came out, talked to me and created an individual dessert for me. YUM! I always ask at BOMA and I get the same kind of results. The chefs will happily mix something up for you, but once again the key is to be polite and ask!

I am not one of those people who complain at everything, but I am very conversant with my server and honest. If the waiter comes by and you say "its ok" then they do not know anything is wrong!

You're at the World -- expect to be treated well, and request it when you are not. You don't have to be a "*****" to get an appropriate response.

Goes4FastPass
07-25-2008, 06:13 PM
I usually have very positive dining experiences at WDW.

bruin1344
07-25-2008, 11:03 PM
ABC Commissionary, Mama Melrose, Chefs de France, Cosmic Ray's

playdead88
07-26-2008, 07:52 AM
we really can't say we have ever had a bad meal at disney and food isn't the cornerstone of our vacation its more a means of survival while we are there - no one in this group likes to take more than 40 min or so to eat so they can get back to the park - that limits us a bit to say the least - my husband and i figure one day the kids wont be pulling us back out to the fun and we'll have plenty of time to check out all the restaurants that we run past and think one day we're gonna try that place :mickey:

VolMickey
07-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I have read most of these replies and I must say, there is a lotta hatin' on WDW restaurants. I hope I'm not ever called upon to cook for some of you folks! :eek:

Not me, if you notice for the sitdowns, I said it wasn't up to snuff for the price charged, or in the case of Marakesh, I just didn't care for the spices. How much are you going to charge for the meal you cook? ;)

ABC Commisary is a different matter. It was just awful. I like the counter service at WDW. This was just nasty.

kemps@wdw
07-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Won't be going back to Coral Reef. Watching the divers was fun but...
Chefs De France...little food for lots of $ (and it was just ok)
FLame Tree BBQ...after eating DH's BBQ, no one else can compare. (meat & sauce in microwave?)
Cinderella's Royal Table...seeing Cinderella was fun but....

Note: I am a very picky eater, so please take that into consideration.:D

jonahbear2006
07-27-2008, 01:13 AM
WoW, this thread is a resounding 'it is not safe to make ADR's in wdw.'

I really loved;

1900 Park Fare
Boma
Trail's End Buffeteria
Chef Mickey's
50's Diner

and I didn't see anything wrong with any of this food.

I did NOT like Crystal Palace but I am giving it a second chance and going for breakfast instead of lunch, but...............

I will never again eat at Cinderella's Royal Table
This meal is all about eating in the Castle, and if they gave you a tour of what looked like a living quarters then that may make it worth it but this is not worth it to me. The food has to be worth more than Mcdonald's happy meals for me to want to eat there again and personally I would rather have Mcdonald's.

PittFan
07-27-2008, 01:24 AM
The ONLY place I had a horrible meal was Chefs de France. We have been to over 30 TS and CS restaurants at WDW and had many great experiences, this is the only one we will never return to.

madi47
07-27-2008, 07:18 AM
We thought the food in Norway for breakfast was awful. The characters were wonderful but the food:ack: I also wasn't that crazy about crt. for the price you pay not that good.

RALPH
07-27-2008, 07:55 AM
ABC Commisary, Hollywood & Vine, and Rainforest Cafe:sick:

AGREE!:thumbsup:

FUN
07-27-2008, 09:37 AM
boma what bad service and bad food!

Figaro0826
08-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Mexico resteraunt.

The atmosphere was pretty but the food was pretty bad.

The outdoor eatery at Meico was fantastic! and it was a counter service, .

So far pretty luck have had great dining experiences at Disney.

jenny1976
08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
it would have to be Mama Melrose's...Bad food, bad service....AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ack:

mdricks
08-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Shudders at CBR.

I almost swore off food. :ill:

Cheloconnell
08-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Definitely Chef Mickey's for dinner and Play N Dine at Hollywood and Vine for lunch - the food at both are just terrible :sick: I start thinking of Vegas Vacation when they went off the strip and everything looked the same, but was a different color and labeled :funny:

KatMark
08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Two of them we will NEVER go back to again:

H&V--bad service, bad food, bad atmosphere
Boatwright's -- dinner time (bad service and bad food)

GrumpyFan
08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
I have two -
1) Boma at AKL - tried it twice, several years apart - it wasn't disgusting or bad, but it just didn't appeal to us.
2) Cinderella's Royal Table - too expensive and not worth the price.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
I feel I must add, that restaurants should be given two (or more) chances. There are any number of things that can go wrong on a given visit that might ruin it for you. Therefore, if we have a bad experience, we'll usually wait a couple or more years, then try it again. Usually in two years, the management staff has changed, and maybe even the chef, which could lead to a completely different experience.

jszczur5
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Also, the only reason I'd go back to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater is if I was with a newbie who just wanted the experience. The atmosphere is cool. The food stinks.

:tasty:

I agree completely. We plan on stopping in at 3:00 one afternoon for OOP milkshakes. I would never waste another TS credit here again, but I really want pics of my kids and their cousins together in a car. (Soon enough they will be driving the real things - perish the thought)!

lyle21
08-11-2008, 05:16 PM
cinderella's castle. that was easy.

disneygeek84
08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
It will be a few years before I eat at Mama Melrose's again. We went in '06 for our honeymoon and LOVED IT! The food was great and we didn't have to wait long at all for our table or our food. Then we went back again in '07 and we waited an hour for our table, and then when we FINALLY got our food, it had been sitting under a heat lamp for a little too long. It didn't help that it was our arrival day and everyone had been up since 3-4am and had a full day at the parks. We saw our server maybe 3 times. We finally had to get a different girl to get us more drinks and our check and the manger finally came out and asked us if there was a problem. Apparently we weren't the only table being neglected and most of his section was complaining about him.

So not that I won't ever go back there again, but it will be awhile.

rkwctw
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
I agree, no to Sci-Fi and CRT. The food was bad at both and CRT is way over priced. Also, we do not care for Planet Hollywood and when you book a package with Disney they keep on giving out those coupons for PH.

disneymom2000
08-11-2008, 09:46 PM
San Angel Inn. I am from Texas and can get all the mexican food I want. So it isn't because the food was bad, or the service was awful because it wasn't. It's just that I don't want to waste a meal at Disney for something I can get everyday where I live.

Daddy Mouse
08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
RAINFOREST CAFE It took sooooo long for service and food.

How Long did it take? I could have hunted, cleaned, and cooked any meat and cultivated and harvested any veges.