:The Cast:

Me
DW
DD10
DD6
DD3

Day 4 Monday Dec 17,2007
"This was a great Day"

We all awoke early from our Heavenly beds and I watched the world come to life from our window as families began to emerge from the hotels and made their way onto the boats. It is always exciting to watch the kids and families heading out to the parks in the morning. A short time later we were on our way to...yep you guessed it EPCOT again. The kids forgot Uncle Eric had left that morning about 4am and they kept looking for him all day. We enjoyed the morning in Future world and let the kids ride Nemo and Figment. We also rode SE again and I think the ending may be growing on me a little. The cartoon is an old style cartoon that has a certain sentimental historic flair....nah who am I kidding it still isn't great. We played around in Innoventions letting the girls explore and play on the computers. My DD3 loves the bug tunnel and we all love the computer outside the House of tomorrow that shows goldfish, then leaves on it. We had a 12:30 ADR at our favorite The Garden Grill. We were seated about 5 minutes after our arrival and had a seat on the lower level overlooking the Land boatride. This was a welcome change from the last three visits that we were seated on the upper level. I absolutly love the different scenes especially the waterfalls and the farmhouse scenes. The food was excellent as always and we all ate more than we should (I could literally eat my weight in those cheesy potatoes and flank steak). Mickey visited the girls twice and Chip and Dale also made an appearance. Pluto spent several minutes with the girls and wreaked havoc upon our table. My DD6 said "I don't think that's the real pluto". When we asked why she said "he's got a zipper from his head down his back". Didn't know what to say about that but we just let it go for the time. :blush:
After a great meal we got fastpasses for Soarin then rode Living with the Land Boatride which is one of my favorite rides at Epcot. The first few scenes are as peaceful as anything at WDW. I could go to sleep now listening to the music.....anyway we then headed over to Test Track which had a 40 min wait so we checked out Mission Space and it had a short wait. After about 15 minutes of trying to convince my DD6 to ride it she gave in. Then as we entered the ride she changed her mind and we had to leave. Then about 5 minutes later she changed her mind again and we reentered (Yes the castmembers were looking at us like we were crazy but still maintaining that Disney smile that is required of them). My DD6 actually loved the ride and I thought it might help her get on Space Mtn later (WRONG). We walked the World Showcase again and rode Maelstrom. I noticed in the final scene with the Oil Rig in the North Sea, that the paint was severely chipping from the wall and looked bad. That surprised me since it just came off refurbishment a couple of months ago. We listened to the family in the Norwegian house having a conversation AGAIN and I continue to wonder what they are actually saying. We walked all the way around the showcase and caught a boat to MGM. We arrived at dusk and saw the lighting of the Osborne family lights (thats alot of lights). We took in the Muppets and then grabbed supper as the last guests at the Backlot Express (they probably hate us) right at closing. We love the atmosphere and music there and it was nice to eat alone for a change. We then strolled MGM (I love it at night)and made a decision that would prove to make this a memorable day. DW and DD3 were tired and wanted to go back to the hotel and relax. So I (that's Superdad) and DD10 and DD6 left for a great adventure headed to or toward the MK since it was open until 1am. We decided to take a bus to the Poly CR or GF and take the monorail to MK, but the lines were so long we took the Wilderness Lodge bus instead. We arrived at the WL and were blown away by the Christmas tree in the lobby. We have stayed at the WL on a couple of occasions and love the resort especially at night. We walked the hotel and then went out to catch the boat to MK, but arrived as it was leaving the dock. We then waited about 20 minutes huddled close together for warmth. The girls had reached that silly stage that girls get after little sleep and alot of walking, so they had me rolling with laughter. We finally caught a boat and were at the MK what seemed like hours later, and we were popsicles as a result of our travels. We went to Space Mtn first and DD6 agreed to ride, until we reached the loading platform where she again changed her mind. So now I had DD10 mad at DD6 because DD10 refused to ride it by herself. We got behind a large party that refused to walk down the 20 mile offramp from Space Mtn. so we took the slow ride up to the arcade (approx 15 minutes) and then headed for the other Mts. We rode Splash then Big Thunder and DD6 (who has ridden it many times) had a little breakdown on BTMRR. I think it was because she was tired. We then rode one of her favorites the Jungle Cruise and had Jose who was one of the best Jungle Capts we have ever had. He spoke broken english but was absolutley hilarious (love the joke "see that planecrash....it can only mean one thing.......anti aircraft hippos".) We finished the night in Tomorrowland and then I carried DD6 back to the bus stop (gonna need therapy...me not her.) We met a nice couple from Dallas and talked until our bus arrived. We got off at the Swan and walked to the Dolphin because the bus was soooo crowded. Arrived at the room to find sleeping DW and DD3. About 38 secs later DD10 and DD6 were out as well. I on the other hand walked down to Picabu's and got a snack (PB&J and milk) and then walked the resort. One thing I like about the Epcot resorts is they are always alive. I then made an Executive decision. I went to the front desk and asked them if I could have another night in the same room (Friday night) and the lady at the counter worked it out so that we could. I surprised the girls with this info the next morning. I slept well knowing I had an extra night to enjoy WDW...:thumbsup

pogo
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Another nice day for you and your family. :cloud9: Too bad your DD6 got so tired, but you kept her going for a long time !

Can't wait to read day 5. :D

tinkerbell04
01-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I am sure that your family will be as pleased with the news of the extra day as you are! Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

pdrlkr
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-25-2008, 06:04 PM
What a great surprise you prepared for your family! Who wouldn't love an extra night in Disney World?!

DisneyorBust
01-26-2008, 05:58 PM
What a great day!
Gotta agree with you.... Disney Hollywood Studios is a great place to be at night.
Very good command decision to take in the Magic Kingdom after the Studios, my kind of night. Looking forward to the next report!

dolphinmickey9170
01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
What a great surprise. Thanks for sharing. Do you have room for another child? I'm willing to fulfill that role.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Adopt me, too, please! :mickey: