PDA

View Full Version : Guided tours

Disneygeert
01-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello

We are going to WDW next thursday. We would like to take a guided tour but our children are 14 and 16 year old. At most of the guided tours you must be 16 years old so our youngest is not old enough. Are they very strickt in this or can we ask if we can take the the tour also with a 14 year old boy?

Disneygeert

chelleincarolina
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
My understanding is that they are very strict about ages for the tours and usually require ID. Age minimums are set for safety reasons and to "protect" children from disillusionment on backstage tours.

irish1967
01-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I made ressies for a backstage tour just yesterday.

The CM was very specific when reminding me about the age limits and indicated that in order to take the tour, each member of my party would be required to produce an id.

joanna71985
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately they are very stict with the age limits. I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour once with my dad. There was a family of 4 checking in in front of us- a mom and dad, and 2 girls (one of whom turned out to be just under 16). They wouldn't let her take the tour, and the whole family ended up dropping out.

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Check out the Disney Family Magic tour at Magic Kingdom. It's designed for families with children. This one is accepts kids as young as 3.

There's also the Mickey's Magical Milestones tour, which will take kids 10 and up.

The Magic of Our Steam Trains tour is absolutely fantastic. It's my favorite of the tours we've taken so far. It's open to 10 and up, as well.