PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional Package-Worth it or Not?

mickeysworld
01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
I know it's a little early to be asking this but planning is half the fun right? Do you all think the CP Package is worth it?

I have 3 DDs, ages 8, 6 and 2. We would be paying out of pocket and most likely choosing the Biergarten at Lunch so that we could go to the 5pm show. Are we better off just getting in line very early or as some have suggested, skip the theater all together and hang out in front of the American pavillion to more or less "listen" to the show?

For those who have done the package what do you think? Did you wait in line just as long as those without the package? How were your "reserved" seats? Would you do it again? TIA!

BMan62
01-24-2008, 04:46 PM
If you want a seat, then yes, it is a good deal. Just go with a tier 1 restaurant and save a little $$$

We were there mid-week the last week of November and the lines to see the show were HUGE - even with guaranteed seats, we were near the back.

chelleincarolina
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
We just the did the Candlelight package in Dec and it was fanstastic. I've always wanted to go, but our last few December trips I felt my kids were too young to sit through it and enjoy it (or at least let me enjoy it). That would be my one concern for you, with 3 young children.

The line for the package people was shockingly long --almost as long as the standby line. The advantage to the package is the package line gets in (and is guarnanteed seating) before they let anyone from the standby line in. We had very good seats, 2nd row outside the covered section.

Would you plan to eat a TS meal anyway? Will your little ones sit quietly for the show? If your answer is yes to both ?'s, then yes, do the package. There is no additional cost for the meal, and you're guaranteed seats. If not, I'd suggest grabbing snacks or CS and hang out outside the theater and listen.

May524
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Definetly worth it. The standby line was INSANE! Without a doubt, do the package! Now...will your children enjoy it? I noticed some of the younger kids got really impatient.

DisneyorBust
01-24-2008, 06:39 PM
As long as you are planning a TS meal for that day, I would suggest doing the CP package. We have used the CP package in the past and have found it to be worthwhile. The stand by lines can be quite long, folks line up in excess of 1 hour for seats. Hope this helps!

Pirate Granny
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I would do the package, but Tier I...this year we got 3pm reservations at Garden Grill for the 6:30pm show...and were charged the dinner rate, even though it was still lunchtime and everyone else (not on the package) got the same food for the lower lunch price...hummmmm When I asked I was told if I wanted the package I had to pay the dinner price if I was going to the second show and not the first...I said, I'd go to the first, and they replied it was sold out...???? oh well...I think your children may be a bit young to sit still that long...but you alone would know that...the Biergarten is a great choice...we did that the in 2006 for the CP.
:pirate:

DDuck66
01-25-2008, 10:43 AM
For me and my DW it is a MUST DO. One, we love the food choices, and two, I have seen some really long lines at the standby entrance. Just remember that even if you have the CP Dinner Package, you need to get in line at least an hour before your shows start. Our last server told us to be there 30 minutes before....luckily we went on over because the line was already about a 100 deep.

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes, it's worth it! It is wonderful!

big blue and hairy
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
It's definitely worth it. Great meal, great seats.

:sulley:

DizneyRox
01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
As others said, if you want to see the CP, then you really should do the package. Pick a food option that fits your style.