PDA

View Full Version : Conference Time Torture!

jakeybake
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Good Afternoon All!

I will be attending a work conference the first week of March. My company is paying for the entire package and I am staying at the Grand Floridian. Pretty sweet huh!

My question is this; I have never been to WDW for anything more than pleasure and I don't know how I'm going to stand sitting in meetings knowing that all that fun is just a monorail ride away!! My meetings get over each day at 2:00 so I have the rest of the day to enjoy the parks but from 9:00-2:00 each day is going to be torture, I just know it!!

Does anyone out there have experience in attending a convention in WDW and if so how did you handle being so close to the action but being unable to go right away?

I can just feel my heart pounding out my chest as I sit there and listen to the moderators talk about new healthcare initiatives while I'm picturing an empty seat waiting for me at the Tower of Terror!!

Jay

mook3y
01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Good Afternoon All!

I will be attending a work conference the first week of March. My company is paying for the entire package and I am staying at the Grand Floridian. Pretty sweet huh!

My question is this; I have never been to WDW for anything more than pleasure and I don't know how I'm going to stand sitting in meetings knowing that all that fun is just a monorail ride away!! My meetings get over each day at 2:00 so I have the rest of the day to enjoy the parks but from 9:00-2:00 each day is going to be torture, I just know it!!

Does anyone out there have experience in attending a convention in WDW and if so how did you handle being so close to the action but being unable to go right away?

I can just feel my heart pounding out my chest as I sit there and listen to the moderators talk about new healthcare initiatives while I'm picturing an empty seat waiting for me at the Tower of Terror!!

Jay

:marg: get drunk each night :beer:
Then you will wake up with a hangover :ill: and it wont be until around 2 that you will even feel like going into one of the parks!

:thedolls: Sorry couldn't resist! :D

Beast_fanatic
01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I think you'll have to convince yourself that the only way you get to go to the parks is if you are attentive during your meetings. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

princessgirls
01-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Think of it as the price you are paying for the "all expenses paid" part of the trip, because as we know...

Nothing in life is Free!

At least you have from 2pm. My brother did a conference at the Contemopary until 9pm everynight.

Have Fun and Make the most of your off time.

Julie:mickey: