PDA

View Full Version : Family Reunion in Disney World

monorail express
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi...

I am planning a large family trip to disney and universal studios in 2009 and was looking to send out notices/invitations to the entire family to see who may be interested in joining us. I was trying to come up with a cute way to get the word out :surf:. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

TinkiTime1989
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if this is still the case as I haven't used it in a while, but disneyworld.com used to have a sort of magical gathering vacation planner tool that you could download onto your computer. All you had to do was create a login on their website and go to the My Disney Vacation link. You could then use the program to send messages to all of the members going on the trip. You could also create polls and iteneraries. :mickey:

bleukarma
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
When I was planning my family reunion I went to Office Depot or Staples (I forget which one) and bought Disney letterhead paper and printed my family reunion introduction letter on it. I think it went over pretty well. It wasn’t a plain piece of paper and it gave my family something cute to look at!

If you need any help or any ideas feel free to PM me. I still have my intro letter saved on my computer.
:mickey:

Strmchsr
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if this is still the case as I haven't used it in a while, but disneyworld.com used to have a sort of magical gathering vacation planner tool that you could download onto your computer. All you had to do was create a login on their website and go to the My Disney Vacation link. You could then use the program to send messages to all of the members going on the trip. You could also create polls and iteneraries. :mickey:

It's still there. Click here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/magicalgatherings/landing?id=MagicalGatheringLandingPage&bhcp=1) to get to the Magical Gatherings site.

monorail express
01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for the ideas. This is a great start to getting the planning in gear.

thanks again :)