PDA

View Full Version : train question

TFrauts
01-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Is there a way for the park wheel chairs to fit on the train, or do we have to walk to the back of the park because we have the wheel chair with us?? Does anyone know if they fold to fit?
THanks

Speedy1998
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I think you have to leave them behind. DW broke her foot one time right before we went. We had a wheel chair for her, and we road the train, but I am positive that we rode the full circuit so we could get back to her wheel chair.

DDuck66
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I remember the same thing....you leave the wheel chair and the strollers beside the gates and pick them up once you have rode the complete circuit. I have never seen anyone really use the train as a means of transportation but rather as a ride. Someone will be alone shortly that will have more info.

chick20679
01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
I definitely could be wrong, but I remember that the wheelchairs were the folding type and that the front railcar was equipped to hold folded wheelchairs. This was a few years ago when travelling with my grandmother, but I'm pretty sure they folded. I guess I'm not much help, b/c I'm not 100% sure.
I'm sure someone will be along that knows for sure. :mickey:

DANAM
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I really don't know about the wheelchairs but we had to leave our stoller behind. We were trying to by pass the parade to frontier land. They told us it was no problem we could pick up a new one in frontier land. It took 40 minutes to get a new stroller. No one knew where to go so we had to go in every shop in frontierland until we found it. They must stash them underground because we waited 20 minutes for the stoller. So if you have to leave it and they tell you to get one where you stop just walk (insteed of taking the train) because it is faster than getting a new wheelchair.

LONESTAR
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
My father is in a wheel chair and they loaded him in the front car of the train.:)

BirdsOfPreyDave
01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
There is a ramp to allow people in wheelchairs to board the front car of the train. I'm not sure if they allow rental wheelchairs on, though. It may require one of the accomodation passes, but I don't know.

prttynpnk
01-25-2008, 09:59 AM
The front car is definitely equipped for wheelchairs.:mickey: