PDA

View Full Version : free dining

TFrauts
01-24-2008, 02:44 AM
how would it work if free dining was offered and there are 4 adults staying in the room(value hotel)?? Would it still be $80 plus the cost of the WDW tickets?? It would be normally $40 dollars a person for he DDP, if you multiply that by 4, its $160 in free dining for an $80 dollar room! Is this right...it seems like I might be wrong???
THanks, TIffany

vamaggie
01-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Not sure if I understand your question but I'll give it my thoughts. If free dining is offered it is offered for packages only. You must book a WDW resort and get tickets as well to get free dining. If you have more than 2 adults in a room you get charged $10 per extra adult. You usually pay rack rate for the rooms on a package so it would probably be more than $80 for the room (plus the extra adult fees) If you are thinking about going when they have historically offered free dining I would contact Magical Journeys and work with them. They can run various scenarios for you to see what might be the best deal for you. They will also keep an eye on your resessie and if free dining is offered will apply it for you.

Hope I answered your questions. I'm sure someone who is more knowledgable will come along.

WRWDisney
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
As vamaggie said, you have to book your room at rack rate (for September 2008 that is $82/$92/night standard/preferred location plus $10/per extra adult over 2) plus Magic Your Way package for tickets:
Number 1-Day 2-Day 3-Day 4-Day
of Days
Guests
(Ages 10+) $71 $139 $203 $212

5-Day 6-Day 7-Day 8-Day 9-Day
$215 $217 $219.00 $221 $223

So you are really looking at about $386/night (plus taxes) for a standard view room at a value resort with two extra adults and tickets (assuming you are going for 7 days) This would cover all four adults in the room including tickets and meals (assuming that the free dining plan comes out); so about $2700 for 7 days (and the value of the dining plan is about $1064--it is actually $37.99 for 2008)

All of that said, get in touch with Magical Journeys and let them book your trip for you. That way, if free dining comes out, then they will work hard to get it applied to your reservation.

Hope all of that makes sense:confused:

crazeedizneefinatic
01-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Don't let the rack rates scare you away. Although I agree that last years free dining was much more valuable with the appetizer and tip included, but you still come out a tad ahead if booked this year, if it's included. Example: Last September 3 adults and 1 child (7) stayed at CBR for 10 days with an 8 day park hopper. We paid $2600.00 total. That's just $650 a person for a 10 day WDW vacation! Plus airfare of course but Southwest pulled through with $135 RT. We booked for the bounceback program when we were there for this coming Sept/Oct. and are staying at POR. The cost was 3250.00 for 10 days 8 day hopper. That's still just $650 per person. You don't say when or how long you plan on staying. Don't settle for a value because you think it will automatically be cheaper, check out all pricing. With the hotels being more expensive on the weekends this year try to plan around a weekend or just include 1. Also the longer you stay the less you pay. Good luck have fun planning. I hope they do offer the free dining for you, it really is nice not to worry about it.

mickeymom73
01-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Just wondering if there were any rumors yet as to when the free dining plan was to be oferred for 08. Trying to plan a trip for this year, but would love to take advantage of this special