PDA

View Full Version : Complaint about DDP Changes answered

robemcdo
01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
We had a terrible experience over xmas. I got the DDP and arrived on Dec 29th. Brother arrived Jan 1st and also got the DDP for his family of 6.

We had booked in August and he never got any mention that the plan was to change...it wasn't until the first sitdown that he was informed by the waiter that appetizer and tip no longer covered.;...for HIM. Me sitting at the same table was entitled under the old plan.

We never knew boards like this existed at the time, this change was obviously public knowledge for most people who frequent these boards but he was blindsided. He hadn't planned for the expense and he no doubt would not have opted for the plan.

Anyway, I sent WDW a complaint when I got home and was pleasantly surprised tonight when they called both of us (conference) and volunteered to reimburse him the 18% he had not budgeted for.

I was happy for him, the lady was most apologetic, I just wish someone on site would have stepped up at the time and fixed the mess. It caused us both a lot of stress.

MickeyChick
01-24-2008, 09:21 AM
I have to imagine that when there are big changes like the loss of the tip and appetizer the actual changeover causes lots of problems. The first week in January must be really horrible for cast members.

I'm sorry your brother had to go through that. I hope you had a good time otherwise!

Tinkerfreak
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
What a stressful situation for all of you. This is a bit off topic but I noticed that in the Birnbaums guide book it still states the app and tip included in the dining plan. It does say that you should call disney dining to make sure you have the most current info but I wonder if some people will just assume that is true.
I'm sure that most travel agents are up to date with this new plan and will make sure clients know about this but I wonder how many are not and will have customers in the same situation you were in having to spend more money without planning on it.
I'm glad he did get his tip money back and that it worked out for him.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Also, the reason they honored yours was because of the dates you checked in. Even if you had checked in on Dec 31, and stayed until Jan 31, you would have still been entitled to the 2007 plan because of the arrival date.

It's good they reimbursed your brother for it, even though they technically didn't have to because of their own little disclaimer that prices and offerings can change at any time. Shows how much they care about their Guests to make them happy. :)