PDA

View Full Version : My day trip to Disneyland PARIS!!! (part 2)

DisneyDudet
01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok guys.. sorry for such the long wait!
Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=123017) is the first part, in case you forgot what happened!

Cast:
Me
Best Friend- Michele

Alright, my story begins again as we walk across the courtyard to the Studios. The entrance reminds me a little of DCA, but not completely, just the gates and stuff. Anyway, we go through the turnstiles and are in, yet, another courtyard, with a shop on the left, stroller rental and bathrooms on the right. There is a pretty fountain in the middle that has Sorcerer Mickey, and the little brooms are actually out where you can touch them.. quite cute. Mickey even has a fancy Christmas get-up on. He has a santa hat instead of your normal sorcerer hat. Pretty cute.

After taking a million pictures of THAT, we head through the doors of a big building, supposedly a soundstage. Inside, it reminds me of the loading area and first scene of GMR, with scenes from Hollywood sets and fiberoptic stars. To the right there was a CS restaurant, and to the left, another shop. I found that really, there isn't much selection at DLP, just a lot of shops with the same very small selection. Anyway, there was a big Tiki type thing near the seating area of the restaurant, which had a santa hat and beard! How totally fun is that?!

We walk out, and see the "Partners" statue there. Seems to be quite a strange place to have it, but it had the dedication of DLP and DHS on it in english and french. Kinda neat. We head to the the right to were Crush's Coaster. We had an objective... if we see nothing else at DHS, we wills see Crush. The line for this ride was about 30 min, which was one of the longer waits, besides Peter Pan. The good thing about this, part of the wait was indoors! The outside of the building looks like a big sound stage, but the queue made you feel as if you were on the beach in Australia. Too bad it wasn't warm! Once inside, you are still on the beach, on the docks. The seagulls are harping "Mine! Mine!" from on top of a building set (the controls for the ride). Overhead, you hear Crush and Squirt give you the safety spiel in English and French... all while keeping the surfer accent. Pretty funny! We finally load onto our shell to ride the EOC. It is 4 to a shell, and you sit back to back (with a seat back between you) and you have a harness over your waits but the handle is further out. Its hard to explain, but way totally fun! It is a very smooth ride, where you glide and spin slowly. Some of the scenes remind me of the new Nemo ride at The Seas with Nemo and Friends, with all the jellyfish and stuff. Very cool, and probably the coolest ride I've ever been on!

After that, we head on over to RnRC. There is no line, and the inside is similar to WDW's version. The video is more about how they designed the ride, instead of cool and funny. Once inside, it is basically just a roller coaster, but with the music. The ride itself is just an indoor coaster with lights and fog. You never realized how the signs and stuff actually make the ride fun! So, needless to say, I was rather disappointed with it. Next, we do the Armageddon Effect show. It was interesting, and pretty cool.. or should I say HOT!! So close to fire!

We then amble through the stores and exit DHS. We return to the Magic Kingdom to see HISTA. We wait FOREVER for it, but it was nice to get in out of the cold. We wore headphones for english. There were certain rows that had headphones, and you scroll through the languages with a button to get to what one you want. They have so many! There were regular seats in the first half of the theater that had it in French with no headphones. The English audio was the original, so it went in sync with the video. After all that fun, we head to Main Street to see the afternoon parade. It has awesome music and floats! At the end, they have a special Christmas Edition, with the song, Chante c'est Noel. Its a gorgeous song! Santa is at the end, with his REAL reindeer! It is soo amazing! After, we shopped and actually bought stuff for us and friends. I got the 2 Disc CD for the park, because I am so obsessed with Disney park music.

We then stake our spot for the Castle lighting. They have 15 candles for the 15th anniversary, plus they have the lights all over the castle like they did at WDW this year, only they do this every year! The had that lighting to the end of their normal castle lighting. It was so neat. Such beautiful music. The light posts on main street "dance" to the music as well. That was just amazing. It was a cute show they started off with as well. After that, I stake a spot for the Fantallusion parade (light parade). It was very neat and different. The music was pretty good too. It was so cold that beforehand I had to get some hot chocolate and broke down and bought a cute blanket.

We fought the masses out, and cut in the middle of the parade at the cross point, just so we could get on the train back to Paris. We got down there, and a train arrived, and we had a nice warm seat for the ride home. It was a long long ride home. We made it to the station successfully (thank goodness we boarded the correct train!!!). After walking halfway back, we stop at a not so crowded McDonald's and eat a nice warm meal, where we didn't have to fight for a table for once.

We walked back, all shivery cold, and fell asleep SUPER early.

All together, it was an awesome day. I wish it were warmer, and we didn't have to lose a day due to a delayed flight. But I would think that 2 days would have been a little too long maybe, but one wasn't enough to take it all it. It was still REALLY fun, and I wouldn't change it for the world!

BronxTigger
01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Oooohhh you are really making me want to go to DLParis. And I've heard that song you mentioned; it's great!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

tinkerbell04
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
WOW! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. :mickey:

faline
01-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Because I've never been there but would love to go, I always enjoy reading about visits to Disney Paris! Thanks for the report!

RoosMomKanga
01-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Excellent!!!...and thanks again for your help!
Can't wait to go in May...I'm going to have a hard time keeping this a secret!:secret:

pdrlkr
01-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
01-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Super report! :mickey: