PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef and Kids

Hull-onian
01-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Do you think kids would like Coral Reef :shark:for dining? Ages are 13 and 11 years. The boy and his Nana (me) love seafood, the granddaughter and mother do not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:thanks:

SBETigg
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
We went when my kids were 8 and 10. Our meal took over three hours and the appeal of watching the fish wore off fast. We had a lot of problems with service and food. I wouldn't expect that was the norm, though.

Overall the environment isn't as kid-friendly as a lot of people expect but considering yours are older, they may enjoy it.

Strmchsr
01-23-2008, 09:18 PM
My kids were a little younger, but I agree that the appeal of the aquarium doesn't last long. The food is rather "fru-fru" so the kids may have a harder time finding something they like.

dolewhiplovers
01-23-2008, 09:24 PM
We ate there in Sept (twice)'07 and my 8 yr old son loved it. We were seated by the aquarium window and he kept busy drawing the sea life in his journal that he was keeping for school. He ordered off the kids menu and ate it all. We went during lunch both times and the service and food was great. We are planning on another trip this fall or early winter and everyone has already voted on The Coral Reef as a place we want to eat.

crazeedizneefinatic
01-23-2008, 09:54 PM
We ate there last September. My son was 7 and I agree that the aquarium wore off fast but every now and again when a diver went by he would regain interest. But like any other non character restaurant they are not geared for children in that respect. Your kids are a bit older so they should be used to a sit down dinner without to many complaints. I am definately not a seafood lover but had the most scrumptous steak, much much better than LeCellier! The service was a little slow about 1 1/2 hours, but it is a sit down restaurant and they do get quite busy. Frankly I would be upset if I was rushed through a sit down dinner. I would definately return again without question. It is a pretty environment.

adoptionislove
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
My kids are 8 and 2. We are going there in march and they are so excited. The last time we went there they were 6 and 5 months. They had a great time!

I think it is a really great place to eat and I DESPISE seafood. (I would'nt want to eat the rejects from the aquarium)!

Go, you all will have fun!

Tink&Goofy
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
We were there when my kids were 4,11,14. We were not seated directly by the aquarium, but that actually made it easier to see more of the entire aquarium. My kids loved it! I had seafood, but the older two kids split a steak, and I think it was the best meal of the trip! We definitely are going back on our next trip!

ElenitaB
01-24-2008, 01:28 AM
We first went when my DS turned 11. He really enjoyed the experience and asked that we go back. BTW, we were on the dining plan (and at 11 he was considered an adult) and nothing really appealed to him so they made a plain chicken breast for him. This time we'll be going for lunch and we're both really looking forward to it.

Hull-onian
01-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks again for the advice. We are also considering Teppan Edo for dinner. So the choices for one more meal are not that easy to make.:dizzy:

LarryBoy
01-24-2008, 08:25 PM
We went in July and loved it. The food and the service was wonderful. Our DS was six and he loved it too. Of course he ate of the children's menu so he was happy. It was one of our best meals. We'll definitely go back.

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
My DKs are 10 and 13 and absolutely love the Coral Reef! The atmosphere is tremendous! Also, the best meal we've had on our last two vacations was at Coral Reef on each! By the way, we usually get steak. We're not big seafood eaters either! :mickey:

MsMin
01-25-2008, 12:25 PM
We are fans here too and I prefer the steak over seafood... I've had both. Sounds like the kids are great ages and it's not limited to seafood. :thumbsup: