PDA

View Full Version : What is the best room to ask for at Yacht Club Resort

sorarail
01-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Hub and I are heading to WDW in November for our 25th anniversary. :party:
Over the years, we have stayed at Poly, CB, and AKL. I originally booked us into PORS for the upcoming trip, but when Hub Google-earthed PORS, he was disappointed in the location. (He thought it was an Epcot property.)
He doesn't know it yet and won't until we get there because it's a surprise, but I upgraded us to Yacht Club Resort. I don't want a room overlooking the parking lot or a roof, so what should I ask for next time I call in a payment? :confused: (I know they don't have to honor my request, but I've found if I ask nicely, they'll bend over backwards to see your request fulfilled.)

Pirate Granny
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
When we took my Dad, we requested a room that had a patio that he could sit and watch people (and we worded it that way)...we ended up, luckily, on the very far side close to Swan or Dolphin, can't remember which one...but it faced the tennis courts and the quiet pool...not a parking lot or roof in sight, it was perfect...not a preferred room, but a great location...we were on the second floor...but pretty far from the elevators. We were also lucky enough to score a late check-out of 1pm, which meant I could take Dad to the pool for most of the morning. We loved staying there, it was our best hotel experience of all our trips, you'll LOVE it.
:pirate:

Jillirose
01-25-2008, 06:48 AM
We just happended to get a room facing the bordwalk and it was so beautiful every night! We also had a small balcony. I think we had to pay for water view.

jacknsally02
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
we just stayed there last may and we got a great room, so much so that I wrote down the room number! 1098. it was on the first floor,. near the quiet pool but also near the resort shop and close to the entrance. we loved it, it was close, but away from the hustle and bustle.