PDA

View Full Version : RedheadWriter's Jubilant January Journey Day 1 Jan 23

RedheadWriter
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
The place- Pop Century
Cast and Crew-RedheadWriter 32 Disney Nut and Writer who is ready to happy dance around the Hippy Dippy Pool
RedheadWriter's Mom 53 and Excited
RedheadWriter's Dad 53 and excited but in control
DrWorm2008 (meeting me while here and frantically texting me until he does) 29 and as big a Disney nut as me!

Hi everyone! I am typing reports on my Sidekick so you will get the live scoop as time goes on. Today was travel day and after napping for 2 hours I was awake at 230 AM and headed to mom's house for coffee before leaving for Green airport in Providence. Everything went smoothly as it usualy does on SWA. We flew Southwest's Nevada One painted plane which was cool as I have never flown on one of their special paint job planes. We landed right on time at 930 AM got the luggage and were on the Magical Express at 1010 ! We were whisked away to Pop Century. Check in was a breeze. We got a Preferresd Room in building 5. Literally steps from the food court and buses. Best room we've ever stayed in at Pop.
Lunch was chicken alfredo and it was yummy!
We had planned from the start that today was to be a day of hanging out at Pop and relaxing. I love to walk around near the bridge and take pics of birds and flowers so that is what I am doing with the afternoon. A flock of seagulls seems to have made the Generation Gap Bridge their home. LOL. Once I get home you can count on pictures being posted. I feel like I have been going al day and it is only 130! Weather is partly cloudy and about 75 right now. Nice!! I will write more later probably as a response to this post.

Rachel

SBETigg
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Rachel, thanks! I love live scoop. Have fun. I'm eager for more reports. :thumbsup:

MauiMouse
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Have a fantastic time Rachel.

Enjoy Pop Century and those sea gulls it's better than this "white stuff" outside my window, that's for sure.

Looking forward to seeing your photos when you return. :thumbsup:

Disneyatic
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
I love Pop Century's chicken alfredo!

Have a great trip and I look forward to living vicariously through you during your trip!

murphy1
01-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Have fun Rachel!! Give Amber a hug for me, if I was still down there I'd drove over and meet up with you all!

bleukarma
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Have fun Rachel!! Give Amber a hug for me, if I was still down there I'd drove over and meet up with you all!

:hug:

One day we'll all get to meet up! Sheri I wish you could drive over too!!!!

ChipnDaleGal
01-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, 75 degrees sounds heavenly right now!! I am glad your travel went so well and now you can just kick back and enjoy your afternoon at Pop. Thanks for reporting.

pogo
01-24-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm glad you had a great flight and that you are enjoying the warm weather instead of sitting in snow country like me. :(

Enjoy your trip and remember to pace yourself so you don't get burnt out ! :yes:

I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures. :D

Beach Club Babe
01-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Sounds like you are off to a great start! I hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

Christine
01-24-2008, 09:36 AM
A flock of seagulls seems to have made the Generation Gap Bridge their home.

I was wondering whatever happened to those guys...do they still have the weird hair dos???

:D (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Sounds like a good travel day...thanks for the live reports!

tinkerbell04
01-24-2008, 09:47 AM
I love live reports, thanks for sharing! I am anxiously waiting for part two. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM
The place- Pop Century
Cast and Crew-RedheadWriter 32 Disney Nut and Writer who is ready to happy dance around the Hippy Dippy Pool
RedheadWriter's Mom 53 and Excited
RedheadWriter's Dad 53 and excited but in control
DrWorm2008 (meeting me while here and frantically texting me until he does) 29 and as big a Disney nut as me!

Hi everyone! I am typing reports on my Sidekick so you will get the live scoop as time goes on. Today was travel day and after napping for 2 hours I was awake at 230 AM and headed to mom's house for coffee before leaving for Green airport in Providence. Everything went smoothly as it usualy does on SWA. We flew Southwest's Nevada One painted plane which was cool as I have never flown on one of their special paint job planes. We landed right on time at 930 AM got the luggage and were on the Magical Express at 1010 ! We were whisked away to Pop Century. Check in was a breeze. We got a Preferresd Room in building 5. Literally steps from the food court and buses. Best room we've ever stayed in at Pop.
Lunch was chicken alfredo and it was yummy!
We had planned from the start that today was to be a day of hanging out at Pop and relaxing. I love to walk around near the bridge and take pics of birds and flowers so that is what I am doing with the afternoon. A flock of seagulls seems to have made the Generation Gap Bridge their home. LOL. Once I get home you can count on pictures being posted. I feel like I have been going al day and it is only 130! Weather is partly cloudy and about 75 right now. Nice!! I will write more later probably as a response to this post.

Rachel

This sounds perfect as to where I want to stay on our visit...is it also close to the laundry facilities? Is Building 5 in the 50s, 60's, 70s???

BigRedDad
01-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the post. This will be fun reading as it goes along. It also makes me very happy about the Flock of Seagulls on the bridge. I don't hear much of that band any more and seeing them live will be an added bonus since they moved in :thumbsup:

faline
01-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to be at the start of your Disney trip?! :mickey:

Hair_Razor
01-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I was wondering whatever happened to those guys...do they still have the weird hair dos???

:D (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Sounds like a good travel day...thanks for the live reports!

Ha!! I was going to say the same thing great mind think alike!!!!:funny:

Sounds like you are on your way to a great vacation thanks for the live sidekick posts! Oh and SWA rocks alway good luck with them.

AbeeNormal
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Glad to see another trip report, I really enjoy your reports. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

pdrlkr
01-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
You know the Flock OF Seagulls joke is one that i still laughing about.
Thank you for responding to my trip reports!!! I am just now abole to really catch up on reading Intercot today. I am now off until tuesday! Yeay!!

Bethis26fan
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a great start it's always good when things start smooth.