PDA

View Full Version : Unavailability of ADRs for late Jan/early Feb

cperry92380
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Does anyone know why there is such limited availability of ADRs for late Jan/early Feb?
I've gotten all of the ressies I wanted, but just wanted to check to change a few times (at Le Cellier & Coral Reef).
Now... I know these are two of the more popular rests. but I can't understand why both places are booked SOLID on Jan 28 & 31...
I'm worried that the park is going to be busy too...
Shoud I be????

ibrowse17
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Keep trying is all I can say. I had no problems getting a couple of extra ADR's for our trip 2-7 Feb. I added a dinner at the LTT before the P&P Party on the 5th, and a lunch at Mamma Melrose. I got both at almost the times I wanted, so it is possible.

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Two of the issues (I don't know about special events at that time) are:

1. People routinely book their ADRs 180 days out so 6 months ago the restaurants were already filling up.

2. Le Cellier is one of the smaller restaurants and my memory of Coral Reef (haven't been there for a few years) is that it is as well. Le Cellier especially is very popular so its booked solid most all the time. The smaller the restaurant the harder to get an ADR.

Unless there something specific on during those days (a convention, special event) I wouldn't worry too much about the parks. Restaurants are booked at all times of year regardless of crowd size.

cperry92380
01-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I suppose so, I'm just concerned since all of the different agents I've spoken with all tell me that both rests. are completely sold out for those specific dates...
It's not a huge problem, since I've already got a seating, at 7:50 for both (which is all they had when I first made the ADRs months ago), but was looking for something just a bit earlier...
:confused:

Strmchsr
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
It really is nothing to worry about. Because of the DDP, restaurants are booked solid year round, regardless of how crowded the parks are. Add the popularity of the DDP to the year-round increase in crowds and there ya go. It doesn't mean the parks will be packed solid, just that most everyone in the parks are now dining at table service restaurants every day when it used to be folks only did that 2 or so times during the trip. Have a great trip!!!

BeccaO
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I would keep checking whenever you can and even if you have not gotten anything, check at the front of the park at guest relations that day, they always post a list of restaurants on a board and if they are full or limited availability or openings. Also, check the restaurant podium itself. Here is an example of how things can change. We were at the Studios last week on Wednesday the 23rd, my Mom went into 50's prime time to ask if there was anything available and the CM guy very rudely before she could even finish asking said "We can't give you anything for at least an hour". I arrived at the restaurant to meet her and the rest of our party, not realizing she had already checked and I went in to ask too. I got a female CM who was super nice, I asked her if she was only accepting reservations or if she was accepting walk-ups too. She very kindly replied with "we are accepting walk-ups, let me just check and see what I have. She immediatley checked her computer and said she could seat us within 20 minutes!!! Another example is my sister tried to get into Park Fare and could not, I went to the concierge desk at the GF and they made the ressie for me at 10:00 the night before we wanted it. Its really weird how things change so quickly, but just keep trying!!!!

Itchy
01-23-2008, 03:19 PM
We have gone to some of the resturants that we had ADR's before our reserved time and got in early 30 to 45 minutes.:blush: It doesnt hurt to ask. :thumbsup:

Happy eating.:cloud9:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
01-23-2008, 04:24 PM
If you have ADRs for them right now, count yourself lucky to have them and go on at 7:50 :)

cperry92380
01-23-2008, 04:39 PM
If you have ADRs for them right now, count yourself lucky to have them and go on at 7:50 :)
Oh, we will!!! ;)
Just looking at options... which don't appear to be there!!!! Oh well, I'll keep checking b/t now and then.

MickeyChick
01-24-2008, 09:25 AM
I had the same problem when I tried to change some of my ADRs. I'm just going to check each day to see if I can move to something earlier.