PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo - Dining Plan?

Bohms4
01-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I just realized that Teppan Edo isn't even on the Dining Plan and I made an ADR for it. I guess I just assumed that it was! Was it ever on the dining plan??? Oh well....we'll just have to pay out of pocket for that one being that everyone really wants to go!

disneycouple2004
01-23-2008, 01:25 PM
They were on the DP in December..we always dine there and always use DDP..thats strange ..i am sure there is a mistake somewhere...:confused:....at least i hope so.....

DizNee143
01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
yes i use to be part of the dining plan..at least it was when i was there in Nov...im surprised it not on there...
i think all the restuarants should be part or the dining plan..its so stupid how some of them arent!

Bohms4
01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I looked under Info Central and it wasn't listed (unless I overlooked it??)

Polynesian Dweller
01-23-2008, 01:46 PM
yes i use to be part of the dining plan..at least it was when i was there in Nov...im surprised it not on there...
i think all the restuarants should be part or the dining plan..its so stupid how some of them arent!

Although I understand your disappointment, it has to be remembered that Disney does not own all of the restaurants. Disney and the restaurant owners have to reach a contract agreement in order for the restaurant to be on the plan. So its unlikely that all restaurants ever will be on the plan. For some companies, it just won't financial sense. One of the our favorites, Portabello, hasn't been on plan ever as far as I remember, and they do just fine, always packed. They likely would lose money on the plan.

Answering the OP, it was there in 2007 but there has been no update on the Disney site that I've seen to say it will be on the 2008 Plan.

Bohms4
01-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Answering the OP, it was there in 2007 but there has been no update on the Disney site that I've seen to say it will be on the 2008 Plan.

Where do you think I could find out for sure? When I made the ADR, the CM asked me if I was on the dining plan or not. I would assume that she would have alerted me if it wasn't part of the Dining plan, but maybe not....

Sunshine1010
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM
I was there on January 7th, 2008 - yes, the were on the dining plan.

Bohms4
01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Wahoo!! Thanks Sunshine!:party:

Figment!
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
It appears Teppan Edo made the decision to participate in 2008 very last minute and apparently after Disney published their final participation listing for 2008.

According to the representatives at the restaurant and the Mitsukoshi offices, Teppan Edo is participating in the 2008 Disney Dining Plan.

Disney Dining Reservations still does not appear to have their systems updated nor has Disney updated their Disney Dining Plan Participation Listing for 2008.

As a general note when dealing with non-Disney operated restaurants, it is sometimes best to ask a Disney Dining representative to transfer you to the restaurant itself so you may speak to someone at the restaurant directly.

Bohms4
01-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info Figment!

TheRustyScupper
01-23-2008, 06:16 PM
1) Teppan EDO (back section, hibachi cooking)is on the DDP.
2) Tokyo Dining (front section, table dining) is not on the DDP.

Jared
01-23-2008, 06:23 PM
What a disappointing development. And to think I was impressed with this restaurant for resisting the Disney Dining Plan. I suppose it really didn't have a choice. There's a reason why L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante closed.

MickeyChick
01-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh Sunshine that's great news!!! We were going to go anyway and pay out of pocket because we love to sit around a hibachi but since we expect it to be fairly pricey for us, I'm glad it's on the DDP!

Crow
01-23-2008, 08:20 PM
wish they were on the DDE!
at least i guess i can get an AP discount