PDA

View Full Version : Top picks for snacks

rjmdds
01-23-2008, 10:38 AM
What are the most recommended snacks in the parks? This will be the first time we have snack credits (using the basic dining plan). I know about Dole Whips and the Main Street and Boardwalk Bakeries. Any other "MUST TRY" snacks that someone can recommend? Thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
:) I love the turtles at Main St. Bakery at MK and my mom swears by the cinnamin treat at the Mexican Canina at Epcot....(I think its called churos)...Animal Kingdom has really fresh pineapple slices if you want a healthier choice

vamaggie
01-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Don't know if it is still allowed on the 2008 plan but when we went in Nov, we went to Goofy's Candy co in DTD and got choc covered pretzels & oreos and bags of gummies & cookies. A really good value and yummy too. Have read that they are limiting the snacks available for DDP credits so not sure if this is still available but if it is I would definately check out Goofy's.

luvkatiebug
01-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't know the name of it, but at the end of "Main Street" in MGM, when you turn to go down the street to Tower of Terror, there is a bakery that has wonderful stuff, especially the chocolate covered strawberries. They are huge! YOu are bound to find something there. :mickey:

bleukarma
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Mickey's shortbread cookies that you can find in any shop are the best shortbread cookies ever!!! They are even better if you get the ones with the chocolate on top...it's just like eating a desert!

splashtest
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm addicted to the popcorn at the world. Other treats I try and frequest: pickles at the fruit stands, citrus swirl in adventureland, strawberry swirl in fantasyland, caramel apples, snickerdoodles to name a few.......ooohh I'm getting hungry.:cloud9:

laprana
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
My sister and I both love the chocolate covered frozen bananas that you can get at some of the ice cream carts in the parks! I also really like the frozen lemonade at MGM. Both are really yummy and nice cold treats on hot days! :tasty:

davidrea
01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Wow those are some good snacks. Are those choc covered bananas on the 08 meal plan for a snack?
thanks

Jared
01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
You mentioned the Main Street Bakery, but I absolutely love the fresh Toll House ice cream sandwiches. They are gigantic and worth a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan.

The Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in the Norway pavilion if Epcot also offers pretty delicious treats, especially appealing while waiting for IllumiNations.

Usually, though, we just spend our snack credits on bottled water.

:tasty: