PDA

View Full Version : Timeshare sales pitch??

tink247
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
(not sure if this is posted in the right area ~sorry mods if not)

We're planning a trip to WDW in late April. I've only stayed on property before, but DH wants to do a timeshare vacation deal to save $$. We would stay off property for the first few nights and transfer over to a Disney resort for the second half of our visit. Has anyone done this before? From what I hear these 90 min sale pitches can be more like 3 hours! I hate giving up time at the parks!

Any advice??

Thanks!

Hair_Razor
01-22-2008, 11:18 PM
If you are going to go sit through the sales pitch why wouldn't you stay for the whole time there instead of splitting it up? I have heard of people taking a timer for the exact time, I'm not sure if I am gutsy enough to do this. I will give you a tip though if you go to eBay you can get the same offer they are showing you for thousands less. I have a timeshare with Wyndham and we really like it I just wish I had know about the resales in eBay first. Good luck and have fun!

KineGirl
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I think it depends on who the group is doing it. My DH, in our pre-married days, used to do this to me all the time. I hate to admit that we did get some good deals on rooms or tickets (usually free or close to it). Sometimes the sales pitches were hard core and sometimes they werent. I would never go bc I HATE to be sold (!!!!!) and so I would eat or shop while he did that. Needless to say he doesnt do it anymore bc if youre married you have to bring your spouse and guess who is NOT going! LOL