PDA

View Full Version : How often do prices change?

DakotaDisney
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I was looking at a cruise a couple weeks ago and I looked again about 4 days ago and the price had gone up about $140 dollars. I didn't change anything to make the price change.

I suppose the prices of cruise can change and like airlines they maybe get more expensive the closer you get to the date of the cruise.

But does anyone know how often it changes or is there a booking time frame or something that affects the price?

I am looking at a May 2008 cruise and I won't know for sure if I can do it for another 2-3 weeks. Is the price going to keep going up between now and the middle to the end of February? Other than the crusie filling up is sooner than later better as far as the price goes?

Tink1
01-23-2008, 09:46 AM
DCL books on tier leveling. They sell X amount of cabins at the lowest rate, then the tier rises and they sell X amount of cabins at the next rate. and so on.

So, as the cruises get closer and the cabins get filled, the price rises. However, they can also run a special that can lower rates in order to fill a ship that is not filling to their pre-determined specs. (as the offer FL res rates, AP rates, DVC rates, etc)

So the bottomline is, prepare for the price to rise as time goes on, and if they lower the rate it is gravy.

Nanci