PDA

View Full Version : Land and Sea Problem (need to vent)

adoptionislove
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok, so after planning our Land and Sea Package for spring break (I know, we are crazy)!!! I have found a problem with the package.

We have our trip planned for sunday thru saturday. We decided to come in on the friday before so we could get more of the WDW Magic!!!! Well, did you know that you cannot start using your package (tickets) to WDW until sunday? So, to sum it up we PAID for a 5 day park hopper and can only use it for 4 days.

BUMMER!

Now, it is no problem ($) for us to pay the 203.00 for a 1 day ticket, I just think that they sould let us use the tickets when we get to Florida!!!!!

Now, that said, when you book your Land and Sea package and decide to add days AFTER the cruise they will let you use the extra day! Why not before????

Do I have my info correct or am I getting worked up over nothing!!!???

#1disneyfan
01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
We added 2 extra nights to our land/sea package and I did not hear anything about not being able to use our hoppers prior to the actual land/sea package. Our travel agent booked the trip as we have it and nothing was said about this problem. I would suggest looking into it. I know she adds days for people all the time.

meldan98
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
We took a land and sea trip in December and when we checked in to the resort we checked in the day before the land portion was to start officially. So, we stayed on land for 5 days and then did a 3 day cruise. When I checked us in we were given our "Keys to World" and then told that they were a 7 day pass. So really we could have arrived 2 additional days earlier and still been able to use them. We then had to check in seperately for the cruise which is something new because in 1998 and in 2000 when we checked in at the hotel we checked in for the cruise too and our keys to the world worked on the ship also. We were told that when we checked in for the cruise that on departure day, we would be given our stateroom keys, so the keys to world wouldn't work on the ship.

My question is, what is the expiration date on the 7 day tickets we recieved?

Tink1
01-23-2008, 06:46 PM
It depends on how you booked your extra days.

If you booked them through DCL as part of your land/sea, you will be given your passes at check-in.

If you called DRC and booked 2 nights seperately from DCL, your DCL package will not start until your land/sea arrival date . You will recieve your passes when you check in for that package.

Hope that helps!

Nanc

adoptionislove
01-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I think that is where I made the mistake!

We booked the cruise thru DCL directly. THEN I found out that if I switched the reservation to Dreams Unlimited Travel I would recieve a 100.00 ship credit. THEN we decided on our own to book a hotel room directly with the 407-W-DISNEY line for the 2 days prior!!!

Wait, I am confused!!!!

Next time I am going to Magical Journeys to made it ONE STOP SHOPPING!!!

Tink1
01-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, for future reference - We have a special offer as well.

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/DCL/forevermagic.htm

Have a great cruise!

Nanci

WonderlandsMostWanted
01-23-2008, 11:59 PM
So, to clarify then, if we booked a land and see package through MJ, and later decided we wanted to add an extra day or two to the BEGINNING of our trip, through MJ, we'd be able to use the park tickets when we arrived?

Planning a trip for December, just want to make sure I'm making the right decisions. Thanks!

Tink1
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, we would add the additional nights to the DCL package and you would have a seamless vacation.

As a note though, it is not always in your best interest to book a Land/Sea as a Land/Sea. Sometimes doing it as 2 seperate components works out to be cheaper. The only downside is you have to check in at the pier if it is broken up. If the savings is worth it though, it is an easy process.

We normally price it both ways to see which gets you the best value for your money.

Nanci

adoptionislove
01-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Boy Nanci,

I really wished I had gone thru you. You seem so helpful and knowledgeable!!!

Next time!

Michelle

adoptionislove
01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I just found out today from my travel agent that I would be able to add 2 days BEFORE the Land and sea pkg began. BUT it would have to be at the poly where the pkg is. I dont want to spend 600.00 per night for 2 nights.

Anyway, I will just pay the 202.00 for the family to go to MK for the 1 day. Thank you to everyone for letting me vent. I'll be good now!!!:blush:

Tink1
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Your going to have a great time. Make sure to take the time to enjoy it all.

One of our favorite things to is to stand out on the aft secret area with an umbrella drink when we leave Castaway Cay rather than up at the deck party. It is just so pretty (even when you are leaving) and we cannot get enough pcitures.

Enjoy

Nanci

adoptionislove
01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you,

That is great advice!!!