PDA

View Full Version : Jacobo Family Report Day 9 Jan 13-21

tink179
01-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Yesterday we woke up about 8 to finish packing the last few things we had. at about 9 we get a knock at the door asking when we thought we'd be out. What??? I told her I thought ck out wasn't until 11, and she's like ok and left. :mad: Apparently in a hurry to get us out. This just added to our experience on this trip. My dh went and did our luggage ck, and said that there were lots of people cking in, but were told that they couldn't get their room until 3, because there were no rooms available. I guess the crowds were picking up. So, we left for DD one last time. We had lunch at Earl of Sandwich. This was my first time here and it was soooo good!!!!! I loved that it was on the ddp. My dh had the tuna, I had the scudetto, and my ds's had grilled cheese and PB&J. Definitely a must do next time. My dh and ds went and used their sea raycer voucher. Half way through their time dh came back and switched sons. We did some last minute shopping for people, and we were back to the resort by 1:45. Our Magical Express bus came at 2:15. We had a funny driver named Joe. Probably in his 60's. He told everybody that he looks just like Brad Pitt(no he doesn't! :secret:), so if you lost anything just tell the bus system that you were riding with Brad! :D Then he told a joke as we were pulling into the airport. He said some crazy guy was at the airport earlier and come to find out it was tigger. He was in the bathrooms looking in the toilets and the police asked him what he was doing ,and he said well, I'm looking for my friend pooh. :D I thought it was kinda funny. My dh said he was kinda surprised he told a joke like that. :) So, we got on our flight uneventful. The next flight from Atlanta to Des Moines was delayed by almost an hr. We had to sit on the plane the whole time too. My dd who will be 2 in a couple of days did not like that! When we finally got to Des moines it was 18 degrees and snowing.:( What a change from the sunny upper 70's we left from earlier that day. We still had what was supposed to be only a hr and 45 min drive back to cedar rapids. It took us abt an hour and half longer than it should've because of the weather. We watched a semi lose control ahead of us, and a car behind us. We could only go between 45 and 50 in a 70 zone. Long drive back! We got home a little after 2 in the morning. We all slept in till 10 or so today. Final thoughts are that my family and I were glad to be back home. I think we'll not go back to Disney for another 2-3 years. This trip just didn't have the magic for us this time. We did see the dream team a couple of times. We didn't win anything this year. Last year we got the dream ears. Crowds were a lot heavier this year than all the other Jan's we've been. We used the ddp for the first time this year and loved it! :thumbsup: That's something we'll be continuing. Still saved us a ton of money! That was our trip. If anyone has a ?'s abt anything just PM me! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I can't imagine having the mousekeeper rush me out. So glad you were safe after the crash in front of you. Glad you had a good time.

hockeymom
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the great reports.

We were at Disney this yr. at Christmas. The crowds did not die down any after the new year. We left Jan 9 and still very crowded. Certainly not the norm.

pdrlkr
01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-24-2008, 11:52 AM
We've had Mousekeeping knock on our door on our departure day but never felt like they were rushing us out - only checking to see if they could get an early start on our room.

What a long, tiring drive home you had!

So sorry to hear that you lost the magic on this trip!

RedheadWriter
01-27-2008, 03:52 PM
I also agree that the crowds were much heavier this January than they have been in past january's when I have gone.
I am glad you made it home safe and sound!
Rachel