PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music Family Suites Questions

WDWCrazyKaren
01-22-2008, 11:36 AM
In planning for a future trip, we are contemplating the family suites at ASMu. We were seriously thinking about a Mod or Deluxe, but we just can't afford the suites at those resorts, and really do want the luxury of those two rooms. It will be DH and I, and 2 kids, DD11 and DS 15. Both kids like to sleep with the TV on, and those family suites will allow one of them to sleep on the bed and one on the chair/ottoman/futon thing. There's no way they could share a bed. The bunk bed suites at WL are just too small for those kids. DS is a big boy, and DD is as tall as an adult. I think those bunks would be miserable for them.

Has anyone stayed in the family suites? Roomy? Quiet? Do the doors between the rooms close TIGHT?

Thanks for your insights.

Karen

disneymom15
01-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I haven't stayed in the family suite, but from what others have posted (and I agree) you would be better off with 2 rooms at a value resort with connecting door. Biggest reason, 2 bathrooms. I think the price is about the same for 2 rooms vs 1 family suite.

krose78
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I would say a suite should be fine. The bedroom door closes and locks like a regular bedroom and there are two bathrooms. It was very roomy for us but of course we have a 7 and 3 year old but we enjoyed the space of it.

MauiMouse
01-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Karen, my friends stay here last September and it was very roomy. The bedroom does have it's own door and like another poster said it does have two bathrooms. We went to check their room out and it's very roomy. I have photos if you would like to check them out (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561115179CoVqlT?start=12). The couch & chair fold out into a bed, as does the ottman too. There is a nice kitchen area with a refigerator, microwave and sink.

Strmchsr
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
The suites are fine for what you want, though the one thing to keep in mind is that suites are not discountable so if a special comes along 2 rooms with a connecting door is often cheaper than the 1 suite.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Thank you MauiMouse! Those photos are great, and it's exactly the information I was looking for. I think a family suite would be perfect for us. The kitchenette area is a bonus as well, vs. connecting rooms. Thank you!

Karen

teambricker04
01-23-2008, 12:11 PM
We love the AS suites!!! We have two small children (3 and 8 mo) and it is perfect to put them to bed before us and have nap time while we relax. All the suites are, are two rooms remodeled into one suite. So you still have the two bathrooms, two TVs, and then they added a kitchenette. We always have breakfast in our room before heading out. It is a big time and money saver!!! I think that your two older kids would be just fine in this... much better than the bunk beds!

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong for the price even if you can't get the discount on it. (Those are great pics MauiMouse!)

Nate's Grandpa
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM
We stayed in the Family Suites last September.
We were very pleased with the rooms.

We stayed in the Jazz Inn section. Convenient to the food court and the parking lot.

Be sure to walk down to the Broadway section.
Some of the most original theming you'll find anywhere.

robemcdo
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Brother stayed with his family of 6 in a suite at ASM. It was perfect for them.

Pullout couch will work well for the older child.
Two bathrooms were very nice...some amenities (fridge,microwave) that you don't find everywhere...Nice little sitting area with a table...
2 TV's

All in all a nice little setup

SharaLynn
01-31-2008, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=MauiMouse;1525224]I have photos if you would like to check them out.[QUOTE]

Thank you for the great pics of the family suite! It was nice to see...I wondered what they'd be like. We stayed at ASMo in 2005, and are panning our next trip for 2009. This will be great help in deciding if we stay w/value or upgrade. :thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
I"m so glad to see this thread. I've been trying to decide between a family suite or a deluxe room for our next trip (DH, DS 4 1/2, Baby 7-8 mos). This helps a lot!

Dakota Rose
02-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I just looked at the pix again. Would it work to use the chair-bed for DS (4), put a pack-n-play up and still use the couch for a sitting area?

teambricker04
02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
I just looked at the pix again. Would it work to use the chair-bed for DS (4), put a pack-n-play up and still use the couch for a sitting area?

Yes, very easily!

FenwayGirl
02-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I just got back from a trip to WDW and we stayed at ASMu in the Jazz building Family Suites. We had 3 adults and 3 kids. Plenty of room and privacy if needed. The kitchen area was great. We brought microwavable items from home so the kids could have snacks etc at night.

IrishFamily
03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Just want to point out that we also found the fold out couch opened and closed much more easily than your typical pull out couch so we had no problem quickly closing it in the morning for seating. Same with the ottoman/chairs....a cover comes off and it flips in half for a full twin size bed. We did 6 nights at ASMu Family Suite with DH, DW, 15 year old nephew, 6 year old son and 1 year old in a pack and play...it was PERFECT.

Tinks my favorite
03-04-2008, 09:22 PM
I have read nothing but positive feedback about the family suites! We just put a deposit down for one in January 2009! I would rather spend my money on souvenirs than at a resort where I don't plan on spending all that much time at!

Disney Lynn
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how many family suites are at each resort (and which resorts have them)? Or can you refer me to somewhere on INTERCOT that will tell me all I'd ever want to know about them?

I have a friend who wants to take her extended family to WDW- her two daughters (& sons-in-law) and 5 grandkids (all under 5). Two family suites might be ideal for them.

Thanks!

lynnae29
03-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Thank you so much for making my July 2008 trip easier to plan. There are 5 of us and this will be just right .We stayed at Port Orleans June 2006. It was great but this would be so much better for the kids. Again thanks for the great pics. You ought to work for Disney;)
Karen, my friends stay here last September and it was very roomy. The bedroom does have it's own door and like another poster said it does have two bathrooms. We went to check their room out and it's very roomy. I have photos if you would like to check them out (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561115179CoVqlT?start=12). The couch & chair fold out into a bed, as does the ottman too. There is a nice kitchen area with a refigerator, microwave and sink.