PDA

View Full Version : Staying at the Swan & want ice cream...

deva
01-22-2008, 11:16 AM
We will be staying at the Swan in October. I've never stayed there before & am not familiar with the nearby surroundings.

My family loves ice cream, including sundaes & milkshakes.

Where should we get our fix? Please take into account walking (or driving) distance, crowds, flavors, menu choices, & anything else that is relevant.

If possible, please tell me the walking distance from the Swan.

Thank you.

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I'd go for Beaches & Cream at the Beach & Yacht Club resort. If you really like ice cream and are feeling adventurous try the "kitchen sink"! They have great sundaes, ice cream, and milkshakes. It is fashioned like an old ice cream parlor, very cute, and popular! Have a great trip!!!

DisneyDog
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Someone recently told me that the best milkshake they have ever had was at the Dolphin.

We will be staying at the Swan in May, so I'm definitely going to check out that milkshake!!

ibrowse17
01-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Never had any there, but as stated, Beaches and Cream are near by at the Beach Club. It is well worth the walk:thumbsup:

Jeff
01-22-2008, 12:24 PM
The Sweetshop/ Candy Store on the Boardwalk also serves hand dipped ice cream.

Tygger7
01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
No question..Beaches & Cream. Closest thing to heaven on earth. :cloud9:

ThanxForNoticin
01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
As stated above, it's a nice walk either to the Beach Club for Beaches 'n Cream or to the Boardwalk for the Sweetshop (along the Boardwalk). Two great choices!

deva
01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.

As I mentioned, I'm not familiar with the area. Please tell me walking distance & time to the aforementioned places (Beaches & Cream, the Sweetshop) from the Swan. I'll have a 3-year-old & don't want to have to walk too far.

Thank you.

Jeff
01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Neither are very far.
Beaches and Cream may be a 10 minute walk with a 3 yr. old. It's near the center of the Yatch and Beach Club.

Boardwalk Sweetshop is a couple of minutes closer and is at the center of the Boardwalk area.

You can take the boat from the Swan/Dolphin to either one if your toddler is too tired to walk. The BWI stop is just 50 yards or so from the Sweetshop. The BeachClub stop is a bit further - maybe 200 to 250 yards from Beaches and Cream.

anneb
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
You are in luck! The Dolphin has a good ice cream shop, with lots of options and fancy concoctions. Their milkshakes have long been of my favorite treats at WDW.
While the Dolphin has more extensive ice cream options, the Swan also has Edie's ice cream (not the pre-packaged kind), available during the day while the Splash Grill is open. (I think it closes about 4:00). The Fountain at the Dolphin is open all afternoon and until fairly late at night for ice cream.
I usually stay at either the Dolphin or the Swan, and almost never let a day go by without ice cream! You'll have no trouble getting your ice cream fix!

anneb
01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
To answer your question about distances - the Swan and Dolphin are sister hotels (you can charge to your room at either one) that face each other and are about a 1 minute walk apart (2 if you go slow). The ice cream place at the Boardwalk is maybe a 5 minute walk from the Swan, while Beaches and Cream is just slightly further. You pass both on your way back from Epcot, if you walk rather than take the boat.