PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square or Plaza Restaurant?

DisneyFan1979
01-22-2008, 11:11 AM
We're trying to decide on a lunch ADR for Magic Kingdom during our upcoming trip.

We've been to Liberty Tree for lunch and want to try somewhere new, what do people think of Tony's Town Square and Plaza Restaurant? We like the menus at both. Which atmosphere is better, more interesting decor, more relaxing, etc?

Thanks in advance :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
We really like the Plaza Rest better. The atmosphere can be a little loud as the acoustics from the ceiling make it that way. Sometimes some street performers come and sit with you to chat, the food is awesome. How can you beat ice cream. We always had awesome service as well. Never a complaint!!

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I've never eaten at Tony's but we did try the Plaza on our last trip. I wasn't overly impressed but I wasn't disappointed either. The Plaza is small inside and doesn't have much atmosphere. Having eaten at the Plaza I would probably try Tony's but I have heard mixed reviews on that eatery as well. I guess I would say to go with which ever menu sounds best to you. If you are a sandwich kind of family go for the Plaza if you are looking for a little more variety try Tony's. You can always head to the Plaza counter for sundaes and ice cream after dinner at Tony's! Have a great trip!!!

#1donaldfan
01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
We love Tony's and try to fit it in at least once a year. The atmosphere is awesome and the food is very good. I really don't think you'll be upset by trying it......good luck in choosing.:mickey:

lightyearfan
01-22-2008, 12:52 PM
me and dw always do the Plaza resturant, and on our past december trip we also gave Tonys a try for our lunch, and i have to say that we were very delighted with Tonys because the last time that we ate there a few years back, the food was so bad that we never went back, until this past trip. we saw that the menu had changed so we gave it another try and it was really really good, so good that we have it booked for dinner for our upcoming June trip. it has a very nice atmosphere and the service was good as well. we figured that we give the plaza a year off since we've eaten their on every trip, but if your undecided and burgers and sandwichs are youre looking for then choose the Plaza, it also has a nice atmosphere, and could get a little loud. no matter you'll be in WDW so it shouldnt matter:mickey:
Enjoy
Victor

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2008, 01:17 PM
:) We had the same dilemma for one of our lunches because we've done Liberty Tree Tavern and will be also eating Crystal Palace on our next visit....several years ago we ate at the Plaza and I recall it being more along the lines of sandwiches and burgers and it seems like I remember really good icecream...if you want a plate lunch, I would suggest Tony's...although we've never been there, it is on our ADR list for this coming Dec.

KineGirl
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
IMHO I like Tonys. It didnt used to be that way a few years back (although Ive never been overly impressed by the Plaza food) but now theyve changed the menu - yummmmy!! The staff do these neat announcements when someone has a birthday or some other event. Ive never eaten there for lunch however. I guess its really whats more important - the food or the ambiance. You are def. more in the mix at the Plaza while IMHO the food at Tonys is better. :chef:

DisneyTeen
01-22-2008, 02:28 PM
I thought plaza was better, but we were only looking for sandwiches and not a large meal type lunch. I got a hamburger, which was really good and I got every toping offered on top of it, which made it that much better. The food came out very fast and we were back in the park after only 45 minues. Tony's is more like a dinner place, plus i wasn't a big fan of the food.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
TONY'S!

We ate there on our last trip and it will be a must do every trip now. The food was one of the best we've had and the service is awesome (the best!). It will be one of the first places I book a reservation for on our next trip.

splashtest
01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I prefer Tony's. The Plaza used to be sooo much better a long time ago was I was young. I remember them having the best chicken pot pie. Now it is just sandwiches, which are fine, but nothing very enticing. Tony's is great at night. Try and get a seast out on the porch so you can watch SpecroMagic right from your table. :blush:

Tink#64
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
We had lunch at The Plaza during our last trip & it was good. We had sandwiches. It was a nice atmosphere, but nothing great! After reading so many good reviews lately of Tony's, I think we'll give it a try this year. I love to try new experiences at WDW! :eat:

xipetotec
01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
We're trying to decide on a lunch ADR for Magic Kingdom during our upcoming trip.

We've been to Liberty Tree for lunch and want to try somewhere new, what do people think of Tony's Town Square and Plaza Restaurant? We like the menus at both. Which atmosphere is better, more interesting decor, more relaxing, etc?

Thanks in advance :mickey:

We all hated Tony's ( all 15 of us ). The Plaza Restaurant is slightly more "casual" food but I found it much more enjoyable.

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
We've enjoyed meals at both -- but I would have to go with Tony's. The food isn't incredible, but it is good -- and the atmosphere is wonderful. We just love the Lady and the Tramp cels, and the big booths. We really enjoy going to Tony's. It's a nice cool haven on a hot day! :mickey:

DDuck66
01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
We always like to hit the Plaza for lunch. The meal is not as heavy as Tony's would be. It is also a great spot to escape from the heat and they have really good iced tea (unfortunatley it is not sweet tea). We have enjoyed everything that we have tried including the hamburgers, the cheesesteak, and my DW likes the German Potato Salad. The milk shakes were to die for as well.

GrmGrninGost
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM
The Plaza is one of our favorites for lunch! The cheesesteak is wonderful! :mickey:

Michigander
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
The Plaza:thumbsup: They have the best stawberry and grilled chicken salad:cloud9: I like the sandwiches but the salad is to die for!!!!!!!!

CaptSmee
01-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Well...these are my 2 favorites sit down meals in the MK. They both have excellent food. You mentioned atmosphere however, and in my opinion The Plaza has none. Tony's is very relaxing and charming with warm wood tones and Lady & the Tramp decor peppered throughout. It it's atmosphere you are after, I would go with Tony's. Again, foodwise you can't go wrong with either.

laughingplace<3
01-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Tony's atmosphere was really great, but the food wasn't good (pretty bad imitation Italian) and the prices were sky-high for dinner, and I think for lunch too. I'd go with Plaza.:mickey:

Jared
01-26-2008, 01:35 AM
I'd choose the Plaza Restaurant because it's simple, and the food is good. I don't really trust most Italian food in Disney.

Mom2princesses
01-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Tonys!!!!! I am Italian, live in an area of the country that has great Italian resturants and we probably had the best meal of our trip at Tony's. The food was great, the service was awesome and the atmosphere lovely.

Our family gives a great big thumbs up for Tony's!!!!! :thumbsup: